October 24, 2014 | 749 users online

Powder - L.A. Minerals - Hollywood formula

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by victoires

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

L.A. Minerals sells absolutely the best blush and the best of the mineral blushes out there. I have extremely sensitive skin and this does not cause any irritation or break outs, looks soft and real, and lasts all day and evening. It fixes nicely. Terrific product! Baby Doll is a lovely shade of rose for virtually any skin color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've finally found it! MY foundation. I have very sensitive, combo leaning towards dry skin. Lately, everything I've tried has resulted in acne on my chin line. I've resolved myself to the likely fate I need to give up trying liquid foundation (even the non-clogging formulas clog my chin up and the weird chemicals seem to kill it too) and quit trying drugstore stuff.

I tried Bare Minerals a few years back and of course am allergic to the Bismuth. Apparently the matte formulation doesn't have it but I hate looking super matte.

This formula of the foundation (they have 3, one's a matte, one's a glowy light coverage, and this which is medium coverage) is light feeling but medium coverage. It leaves a pretty, healthy glow but not greasy. It makes my skin feel softer when I wear it and with a quick spray of water/setting spray, leaves no powder look. It's talc and bismuth free and actually made of minerals and not a tad mineral and then mostly weird chemical stuff like the drugstore mineral makeups.It's just really great and after many trial and error, I think I'm done looking.

My only complaint is that the jar is pretty small for almost 20 bucks and it could benefit from those little close sifters like BM jars have. When I got my shipment, some of the powder had managed to get above the protective seal they stuck on it.And it's also a little hard to swish on the lid because it's a little small; to small for my E.L.F. studio kabuki to fit well.

I plan to order more from them. I'd like to try their mineral veil and a few other things. They do sell samples for 2 dollars USD. I got several concealer samples when I ordered (the Cinderella Yella covers my UBER dark circles amazing).

Their website is laminerals.com if anyone is wanting to check them out. If you sign up for their newsletters you get codes for percernt off orders. If you have sensitive skin I highly recommend them!