July 28, 2014 | 1731 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Hyawatha Pressed Shimmer Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by terbear12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this lightly as a setting powder and my face glows and it actually lessens my lines optically! It's a pale beige shimmer. Gorgeous. Discontinued though. Supposedly they are coming out with a mineral version. I hope so and I hope I like it as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by vengland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I've delayed reviewing this powder because there aren't really words to describe it's awesome-ness. I can't speak for ladies with other skin tones, but if you are pale with warm tones, and like a natural but luminous look, YOU. NEED. THIS. POWDER. The first time I used it, I didn't think I could "see" it on my skin, and I was thinking of swapping or returning it (the horror!)... then my husband said "your skin looks luminous today." And he was right! The powder is so soft and finely milled and the pearly glow it gives is so natural... you won't see shimmer on your skin- you just see the glow. I mainly use it on my cheekbones, but it's so subtle that it could be used all over the face as a glowy finishing powder. So lovely! I'm not crazy about the raised dome packaging, and since the powders are so soft, they can break easily, so be careful, but those are minor details compared to the quality of the product. Definitely worth the $38 price tag!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by rates12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Staple for me, I put this over whatever foundation I use for a gorgeous glow without looking shimmery. Just a beautiful glow and can tone down a foundation that is a tad dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jakeandbear12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Depending on how you use this, I think any skin color could use this if you use a big powder brush and use it sparingly. It tones everything down and blends it all together and gives you an extra subtle glow. It is kind of a neutral/light beige mellow shimmer that doesn't glitter. Absolutely beautiful, just like all of the Becca line. $34 at Neimans.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by LindsAllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty color, gives great, natural-looking coverage, and evens me out beautifully. However, it makes me oily, and my skin really doesn't tend to be oily. Products generally do this for two reasons: either because they contain some chemical that irritates my skin or because they contain so much oil that, well, it makes me glow. This product does contain several different types of oil, but it also has multi-syllabled chemical ingredients that I don't typically put on my face, so what about this product my skin hated is anyone's guess. As much as I like the look of this powder, I want one that makes me blot less, not more. Conclusion: it's a no go for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by sane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference I'm NC25ish. It gives a very subtle sheen/glow when used, and it helps to control the oil on my face. Love the shade and the effect. Goes on very evenly and lightly using the MAC187 brush. It gives a more polished look, not too overdone (but I can imagine looking too silvery if I use a heavy hand). I've stopped bringing it around with me because the powder has cracked a little around the edge, so I don't want to have in banged around in my bag.

I got this for a very good deal, but I'd hesitate to pay full price for this. This is my first Becca product and I'm pretty happy with it!

Edit: I've lowered the rating for packaging ~ the powder is cracking at an alarming rate, almost seems as if there're new chunks breaking off everytime I open the compact!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a light, beigey cream-gold highlighter, perfectly blends in with my light, yellow-toned skin. I love the Becca pressed powders because they are so remarkably subtle and never look sparkly or even shimmery on your skin--you just get a nice glow (the loose powders are indeed more shimmery). Even under daylight under close scrutiny, your cheeks never look like you've put makeup on them. The texture is wonderful, almost creamy rather than dry and powdery, making this powder so easy to blend.

The compacts are not the most beautiful things in the world (unless you're into industrial chic) but they are sturdy. These highlighters are really expensive but worth the money, especially a color like this which is so versatile and perfect for using on a daily basis.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2006 11:27:00 AM More reviews by LindyJoanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this shimmer powder! Gives such a pretty luminous glow that isn't overly glittery or sparkly. I apply it lightly all over my face and with a big powder brush. It does have the tendency to go silver-ish if you apply too much though (the reason I gave it 4 instead of 5).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have almost all of the Becca pressed shimmer powders and I just love this product. It is really excellent. The shimmer isnt glittery or chunky, but really natural. These retail for $33 each but there is alot of powder. Comes packaged in a brown compact with silver top. Aphrodite is a shimmery coppery gold color. The shimmers are so natural and not glittery at all. They do have the Becca scent though, but it fades quickly and I dont notice it. Top quality shimmer powders and some of the best on the market. They are much more finely milled than the BB shimmerbricks or MAC skinfinishes/iridescent powders. A+++++!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this stuff. This is a subtle, cool beige shimmer powder that can be used to highlight cheekbones and eyes or can be used for an all-over glow. It also has a lovely scent. I use it with the MAC 187 skunk brush so as not to overdo it. The thing I like best about this powder is its diffusing qualities--it doesn't settle in pores or accentuate fine lines. Just gives the skin an airbrushed glow. I much prefer this to NARS Nico as a highlighter, which I found too yellow and looked a bit cakey in my pores. For reference, I am a cool-toned LLL.