November 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by thourigan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love, love, LOVE this stuff, and have repurchased it time and time again. It does a great job cleaning my combination sensitive skin. This stuff feels like you're rubbing cake frosting into your face, it's that fluffy and light. It doesn't dry my skin or make it feel tight, and I feel like it gives me a good, deep cleanse of all the impurities in my face. I like to rub it in and then leave it on in the shower while I shave my legs to let it get deeper to the oil. I'm not sure it actually does much for oil control, but I didn't really buy it for that. It does a great job of gently cleansing my face to get rid of impurities. It's a permanent part of my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My other review if this product sounds silly due to Autocorrect. But in a nutshell..... Great stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Kept using this every week or so just because I had it. It did leave my skin feeling nice and soft but did nothing for shine control. I also seem to get a few deep acne cyst's after using this which is not normal for me and I haven't noticed this with any other cleanser I've used.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by cyortiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have never left a review on any product, but after giving this cleanser/mask MULTIPLE tries I feel compelled to leave this review. Not only does it NOT live up to it's claims; but i feel like I am washing my face with body butter when using this stuff. My feels GREASIER than before I applied this stuff. I've tried using it as both a cleanser and a mask and neither worked for me. Not to mention taking it off, it comes off in chunks, literally; it's like this super weird consistency and i have to keep rubbing my face to take this crap off.
AND TO TOP IT OFF, it broke me out horribly! Before throwing this stuff out, I decided to give it one last try. Big Mistake. I have sensitive skin, but this stuff made me break out horribly. Seriously. I woke up this morning with acne near my ear and my jawline. I have never had breakouts there&& I know it was this "cleanser" because it was the only thing I changed in my skin care recently.
Save your money; this stuff is CRAP!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by lucidreaming

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this at the drugstore I decided to give it a try, as I have oily skin and usually have to blot a few times during the day. When I used it a few times I thought I would really like the product as it did keep my skin shine free for a long period of time. After a few days of using this as a cleanser, I started getting dry patches on my skin which made makeup application really difficult. As well I do not recommend using this cleanser at night as it does not do a good job with taking makeup off. I stopped using this cleanser after the dry patches appeared on my skin. It works much better as a mask than a cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by dharsea

Honestly, I hate this product. I purchased it about two years ago and I still have most of the cleanser. When I used it the first time, I was excited since I had never really used something like this. It smelled nice, and I put it on my face. After using it for a while, I started getting hard painful lumps on my skin. Turns out, it was causing me to have nodular acne, though it claims to not clog pores. I take very good care of my skin and never had any issues like that before. It took months for them to finally go away and they haven't returned since I stopped using this face wash. Needless to say, I threw it out and I'm never going to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on this! I love it! I use it every morning and it's the best cleanser I've found for oil control. It's creamy and smells nice and unoffensive. I let rub it on wet skin and let it sit while I make my bed, etc. Then I rinse it off. My skin is soft and not dry after. I don't use it at night because it's not good at taking off makeup. It's the perfect morning cleanser for me! No breakouts and no complaints

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by LiliRamone

Just started using this, i took the risk of getting it after reading some of the terrible reviews, but i thought this would help my oiliness I get during P.E combining with my makeup, and have it help dry up my acne.
I don't use this as a daily cleanser, i use it as a mask, and I think if you use the mask instead of the cleanser, it changes what happens to your skin. My highschool has a schedule where we have classes 1,3,5,7 one day, and the next day 2,4,6,8. So I only use this every other day, the day before i have P.E, which works out well for me. After i do the mask, I moisturize with a moisturizer that treats acne. Before I use it, I cleanse, then exfoliate THEN use this. Crazy. But that's my skincare routine and it works out well for me. i have NO acne and im proud :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Why did I buy this? Oh yeah, because I was looking for some retail therapy. Generally I don't buy things without checking reviews or at least making sure the company has a stellar reputation. Neutrogena is hit and miss. This was a miss for me.
At first I was duped by the colouring and texture, it almost seemed like I was washing my face with cake icing. Within a day or two, I noticed tiny breakouts. Another cheap cleanser that does more harm to your skin than good. I used to think that cheaping out on a cleanser was ok since you're washing it down the drain, not true ladies! One of the biggest mistakes people make is cheaping out on a cleanser. It can sabotage your entire skincare regime. Do yourself a favour and visit the higher-end section of your drugstore or go to a department store, Your skin will thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by sweetvictory23

I love the texture and scent of this facewash, however I bought it for the shine control and it doesn't help AT ALL. In fact, I'm almost convinced that my face is shinier at the end of the day than usual. I am so disappointed in this product! My face is pretty oily/shiny by the end of the day, so I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I was expecting a little bit of a difference since it claims it helps! Definitely will not repurchase.