Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser with Royal Jelly

3.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), decyl glucoside, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) oleosomes, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, glycerin, royal jelly, tocopherol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) butter, hydrogenated jojoba oil,, vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane, extrait de canne a sucre) extract, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract,, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, gluconic acid, parfum (fragrance), coco-glucoside, glyceryl oleate, glucose, xanthan gum, citric acid,, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, butylphenyl methyl propional, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, linalool

on 1/18/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Cruelty Free!!! Now that I'm older I find myself using cream cleansers instead of gels since they seem to keep my skin nourished and hydrated. This cleanser doesn't strip my face, doesn't leave my skin dry, works well with my clarisonic, doesn't cause breakouts and is very reasonably priced. I would repurchase this cleanser and the only things that could improve this product is if the fragrance wasn't as strong and if it was more effective at taking all of my eye makeup off.

on 1/11/2015 1:38:00 PM

Just to give you an overview of my skin, I have been suffering from acne since I was 14 (21 now). It is not just hormonal acne (though that happens too) but I get zits, bumps, blackheads, whiteheads, cysts-you name it. Also, my skin tends to get red around the cheek area.
I bought this cleanser with high hopes after reading the reviews here and I am on my third bottle now.
This has truly helped my acne so much! As much as a cleanser can anyway. It is gently but very effective in removing makeup and oil and dirt. Religiously using this (along with the toner of the same line) and Olay Double Action Night Cream has kept most of my acne at bay. I still get hormonal acne and huge internal cysts sometimes but other than that this effectively takes care of the little zits and bumps.
As a side note, this stuff does not smell good but with continued use I've kind of grown used to it.
The packaging is nothing fancy but is functional. The bottle looks like it has been made out of recycled plastic. I really like that the pump can be locked, makes it really great for traveling.
If you have acne-prone skin and find all the acne cleansers way too harsh, give this a try. It is really really good.

on 10/18/2014 8:25:00 PM

I've used up like more than three bottles of this stuff and each bottle lasts me a little under a year. This cleanser is gentle and mild and cleans well at the same time and it never leaves my skin with that moisture stripped feeling I get with other cleanser. I also used this to take off my makeup for the longest time, it takes a few cleanses to take off makeup entirely but it works.

on 10/4/2014 7:52:00 AM

I recieved a sample of this product from my Bellabox subscription. First of all, I would like to say the scent is way to strong to be using on my face! It helped improve the look of my skin, but did not reduce any acne. I liked that it tiny exfoliating beads in it, it made my skin soft after using but also left a residue on my skin. I wouldn't purchase this, the scent was off putting and in your face, it didn't make that much of a difference to my skin except for the fact it added brightness

on 8/4/2014 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin which becomes very oily during the summer. I purchased this because I wanted something that would keep my face hydrated after I've washed it. I hate the tight dry feeling some cleansers give. This kept it hydrated but it did nothing to remove any oil, dirt or makeup. In fact it clogged my pores and am dealing with breakouts, whiteheads and blackheads. Big mess. I even tried washing my face twice. I used it for a month now and I am sure this review is accurate. This cleanser is nice but not for my skin. Switched to Cerave foaming Face wash for oily skin. It has good reviews even by Paulaschoice.com. We'll see how that goes.

on 7/28/2014 3:12:00 PM

this is a fine cleanser but nothing amazing. i have combination skin - some areas that are spot prone and other areas that can feel dry / tight after cleansing. this did not leave me feeling dry and tight and it felt like it was cleaning without stripping. however, it did not get rid of my spots as well as other cleansers and i did not feel like it was as nourishing as other cleansers. i have had much more success with balm cleansers which really leave me feeling clean as well as nourished (aromatherapy associates or emma hardie are my current all time favourite balm cleaners). i will continue to use this for my morning cleanse but i will not re-purchase.

on 7/17/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wonderful cleanser for oily/combination skin. Doesn't leave my skin feeling super stripped and tight. Removes most of my makeup and whatever is left I remove with Witch Hazel. Using this w/Retin A .05% cream. My skin has improved rather quickly. This is one of the best cleansers ever! Did not want to use the widely determatologist suggested Cetaphil. It has too many harsh chemicals listed in the ingredients. Mostly organic product which makes it even better for your skin! No more cystic acne since using this cleanser!!

on 6/30/2014 2:37:00 PM

I'm sure this product worked wonders for others but it was a disaster for me. I usually use foaming cleansers but was looking for a creamier, gentle one to use with clarisonic.
A patch test in my inner arm = no problem. On my face = a total mess. After a couple of days my face began to swell and get all bumpy. Then evolved to blister-like acne like I have never had, not even when I was a teenager. I treated the inflamation with topical cortisone cream, which then ceased. It took 2 weeks for the pimples to completely disappear. I stopped all beauty products but a physical suncream.
Later, to find out if it would have made a difference, I made a patch test just under my jaw, next to my ear. There was only a mild reaction that I could have ignored.
I'm still looking for a mild, simple and inexpensive cleanser to use with clarisonic.

on 6/24/2014 6:03:00 PM

This has to be one of my favorite cleansers, although I only use this product in the morning. It makes my skin feel very soft and smooth, "radiant" and lasts a long time. Only downside, it doesn't travel well (pump).

Let me start off by saying this product is NOT discontinued. It is available in many Buffalo, NY area stores and is still on the Burt's Bees website. Now, I originally was brought to purchasing this face wash because of the positive experience I had with the body wash from the radiance line. The body wash was gentle and seemed to improve skin dryness and also breakouts that I often get on my back and chest. So I tried it on my face...it worked well. Then the body wash was discontinued however the face wash is almost identical. The only difference I notice is the body wash had more of the jojoba beads in it. This cleanses well, gets a nice creamy lather and is very gentle. This coming from a girl whose skin is parched from mostly anything that foams. It doesn't perform any miracles for my clog/acne prone face but it does not make matters any worse. It does what it is supposed to and nothing that it should not.
Update 9/18/14
I don't think this rinses cleanly. With daily use my breakouts increase and pores become clogged. Passed it on.