November 22, 2014 | 1641 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Catwalk Curlesque Strong Hold Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by courtneyjunexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mousse is fantastic. I have long thick curly hair, and I have trouble finding mousse that will tame it. I have a problem with some pieces of my hair sometimes, they just won't curl. My hair is curly and then as it gets longer it gets more straight. This product fixes it so well. It gives me the Taylor Swift curls all curly headed girls want. Be careful when applying though, a little bit of this product goes a long way. If you put too much it does tend to make your hair a little crunchy. The only thing I don't like about this product is the mousse feels like it's full of air and it disintegrates very quickly. The price really isn't bad, I think it just seems that way when you can find a bottle of treseme(flawless curls, my favorite drugstore mousse)at Walmart sitting next to this one for 4$ as opposed to 20$. I definitely recommend this if you want very defined full curls!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Definitely holds my curl. It even makes my fine hair appear more thick. Smell is fine.

CONS: Not the cheapest in the world, but there are much more expensive products too. I could see how this would weigh someone's hair down if they used too much. Applicator gets clogged easily. Bit too much crunch to my curls with this.

APPLICATION TIPS: I now use "Garnier Wonder Wave Wave Perfecting Spray" (or perhaps "Spray it Curly") sprayed into my hand to scrunch my ends with. I then take this OR Suave Captivating Curls Mousse and put a small amount at a time into my hands and work some into my root area (and some mid-shaft too).

ALTERNATES: They have one for a "Lightweight" too. I prefer that one for my very fine hair and because I really don't like ANY "crunch" to my curls. I now use "Spray it Curly" sprayed into my hand to scrunch my ends with. I then take Suave Captivating Curls Mousse and put a small amount at a time into my hands and work some into my root area (and some mid-shaft too). And my curls have NEVER looked better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by CeruleanSapphire

I got this at my local Ross so the price was fairly low. It works well with my curls to keep them in shape. The ends have a somewhat "crunch" texture, but it's not that noticeable all together. It's very light and airy with a nice soft scent. I don't use mousse a lot, but when I do I like to go with this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all I got this product as part of a set, I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. It's completely unsuitable for my hair and it does more damage that good. The light hold counterpart is way better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by judostar18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was intrigued by Curlesque (which I think is just an updated packaging to Tigi's Curls Rock line...which I adore, so I thought I'd give it a go). To be quite honest, I have describable hair. It's thin, but I have a lot...and it can soak up product like a sponge. I could put 12 pounds of product in my hair, and you'd never know it. Nice trick I suppose, but at the same time, it frizzes like MAD. This mousse wasn't cheap, but I got it on sale at Ulta. I love the smell..it's clean, and reminds me of crisp ocean air. Anyway, I really like how this mousse gave my curls some structure and hold. They held up a lot better than they normally do, and seemed to behave a bit better (rare, especially since today was rainy). I will repurchase this mousse when it goes on sale again. :)