December 22, 2014 | 917 users online

Skincare - Body - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Cocoa Butter body lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a nurse and cook a lot so I wash my hands A LOT. I used this lotion my dry, painful, eczema-prone hands and it worked great. Sinks in quick and doesn't sting. However, this product is very deceptive. At first I thought the fragrance was mild and I even thought I loved the fragrance. Then suddenly, after a couple weeks, I changed my mind. I don't think the lotion turned. I think got sick of the fragrance. I tend to have a love/hate relationship with creams that kinda smell like honey. This lotion has that kinda honey scent. If it smelled of straight cocoa butter, this lotion would be my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by delawrence

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this yesterday - love Jason shampoo & also their Aloe stick deodorant. But there is something WRONG with the fragrance - used it after workout & shower at gym - headache later on in day - had to shower again to get rid of the smell.
VERY DISAPPOINTED! I should have checked MakeupAlley first - as I see this is a common complaint - won't make that mistake again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by McCartney

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the Jason line and am tired of petrochemicals in my body lotion. I won't stand for that any longer. This is the main reason I buy Jason. This "Pure and Natural Hand & Body Lotion" does the job. I am not too happy about the scent; a bit too shea buttery (which makes me sick to my stomach), but just read those ingredients! Organic, natural, and it does the job! I tend to use this in fall/winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lotusgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is soooo close to being the perfect lotion! It is thick and creamy but absorbs like a dream with absolutely no greasiness or that gross slick goopy feeling. It leaves your skin soft, hydrated and with just a slight glow. Its not so rich that it causes body breakouts but definitely nourishing enough even for dry hands and feet. Its cheap, natural and easy to find. The ONLY bad thing I have to say about it is that it reeks. The cocoa butter scent is not my favorite and it seems to last. my husband loathes the smell of this :( If this smelled better or not at all it would be my HG for life! As it is, I will repurchase untill I stumble on something better (or DH says he cant handle it). I got it for $7.99 CAD at London Drugs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this lotion very moisturizing and keeps my skin soft all day, and never dry or ashy. It absorbs quickly and doesn't irritate my skin, even the eczema on my hands can tolerate this. I like that it's a natural product, and contains some good ingredients. However, I can't give it full marks because it is way too fragranced. I think it's in poor taste when a company that is supposed to be "natural" adds artificial/chemical fragrance to their product. The smell is too strong, and lasts a long time. Fortunately I don't find the smell bad, so I don't mind it. Really, my boyfriend loves it for his skin so that's why I will repurchase. And it doesn't rank bad on the Skin Deep site for toxicity etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by absolut_blonde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am loving this! It's fairly light, sinks in quickly, and leaves my skin super soft. The texture is WAY nicer than Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion, which I find doesn't sink in well (and takes a long time before you can get dressed). And unlike the Palmers, it's paraben-free. I know that logically, topicals can't help prevent pregnancy stretch marks but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by berkeleybear95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I was uising the jason 5000 iu vitamin e cream alpong the same time I was using this. This lotion made my dry,cracked hands soft,moisturized and glowing. Ilove the smell-nice,natural,and comforting.it might take some getting used too. I would definately get this again. I love it!!! If you want soft skin,this produt delivers.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 8:23:00 AM More reviews by cup_cakes

I was very disappointed with this lotion!! The smell was very gross. After applying my whole body with this, I wanted to take a shower again! The smell also stays for awhile before it dissipates. It is average as a moisturizer but I would not purchase again simply because of the scent.

There are a lot of good natural/ organic beauty products out there nowadays that are effective, pure AND a pleasure to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by bdurkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smelled more like coffee cake than cocoa butter and lasted on my skin for a very long time, something I did not expect or enjoy. The texture was creamy and made my skin very smooth. I always liked Palmer's, but I prefer this to Palmer's. It's lest thick and greasy. It's not that expensive and worth a try if you like foody scents.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2005 7:27:00 AM More reviews by hannah4him

this is the only cocoa butter lotion that sickened me to the gut. this thing stinks!!! the first time you apply it smells yummy and delicious, but after a while, it starts to smell gross!