July 22, 2014 | 1697 users online

Treatments (Face) - B.liv by Cellniq Off With Those Heads Pro Sebum Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Jossychen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Used this more than a year ago and then the blackheads on my nose were almost totally gone just after finishing a 30ml bottle and using pore strips! LIKE MAGIC! Decided to stop using it cos I thought it was ok and the price was a bit steep for such a small bottle.
Sadly the blackheads started forming again..
Just got a 45ml bottle today cos I couldn't stand the sight of my bumpy strawberry nose ;p
Cannot wait for my nose to be smoothly smooth again ^^

Highly recommended for strawberry noses!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This (and the original Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel, which I prefer as this version is slightly watered down) has been a staple in my skincare routine for the last 7 years as it is the ONLY thing that eliminates/prevents the little bumps (whiteheads?) I get all over my face. I tried Differin in the past, but that dried my skin out. This is gentle enough for everyday use and is non-irritating. An additional bonus for me is that it also minimizes the size of the pores on my cheeks and nips pimples in the bud.

However it is expensive, has no effect on blackheads, causes my skin to become incredibly oily (which I hate but a small price to pay for clear smooth skin) and contains the formaldehyde releasing preservative Diazolidinyl Urea.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by wenderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have to give some love to this underrated product. It's the only thing that works for my stubborn blackheads.

I used it 3 years ago or so, and my nose which looked like a strawberry, almost completely cleared up (maybe 15% remaining blackheads). It was a miracle... and my nose remained clear for the 1 year or so I was using it. I went through 2 bottles.

However, I guess I got a bit conceited and somehow thought that the product wasn't really that effective anymore, since I was not seeing any further reduction in my blackheads. So I stopped.

3 years later. Now my nose is so rough and dull, and looks really bad again. I couldn't for my life figure out what I needed to do. I even went for a chemical peel at the aesthetic clinic which helped only a little (yes my blackheads are that stubborn).

Then I somehow came across this product while I was surfing the net, and had an OHHHHHH moment.

I'm ordering it again right away and this time I will be faithful!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

I don't have a huge problem with black heads, only around my nose, and I can get rid of those easily with a deep cleanse mask, I got this product mainly to try it out, without expecting much from it.

I've been using this product for nearly a month, for the first week I've noticed that my skin was oilier than usual, but since this was mentioned in the packaging I kept on using it.

On the second week I've noticed some serious clogged pores that I was unable to squeeze out, and I was ready to toss it, but since these clogged pores didn't turn into acnes, I've started to deep cleanse my skin more frequently (about 3 times per week), and that seems to diminish the problems.

I'm on the fourth week now, and I'm still having issues with clog pores, but the problem seems to be less dramatic than before, I'll try to finish off my tube but I don't think it did much for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Veyvii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for 2 months now, only to help with eliminating blackheads on my nose. No effect seen so was a definite waste of money for this purpose :( It does control the amount of blackheads appearing now I use it after I use SCINIC blackhead removing masks and seems like there are no new ones forming...yet. It's also good with helping whiteheads.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by claireoliphant

I bought this sebum gel as it had received many good reviews.
However I do not see any improvement in my skin or that my blackheads have disappeared. I was really hoping this would work, as I have had blackheads since I was a teenager and have yet to find any miracle cure!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by hya0512

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

use it for a week, nothing happen but new blackheads pump up on my nose!! don't buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Dowagr

I loveeeee this product. This is the first time I used a skincare product and actually like it so much that I wanna repurchase it. FYI, I am a skincare flirt, I hop from brands to brands and hardly finish any products. So for me to finish it and wanna re-purchase it, it's really says something about the effectiveness of it.

I've been using it for 1 year and it has been really effective in reducing blackhead and clogged pores on my face. The bottle is a clean and sleek design, with a snap on cap. The pump disperse just enough gel to cover my entire face.
The consistency of the gel is neither too watery nor gluey. It smells and feels like mint on your face and it absorb really quickly.
After just using it consistently for 2 weeks (mostly during the evening after cleansing and toning), i noticed my blackheads were diminished and the clogged pores on my chins are lesser. My nose used to be really clogged due to the tropical weather in Singapore, but now there are hardly any visible blackheads.

I am really icky about those raised bumps of sebums on my face so I like to do this home facial: first, I steam my face, and then i apply pore pack or peel off mask which helps to remove a lot of blackheads. after which, I will rinse my face clean and apply this gel. It has really helped a lot for my acne-prone skin. I only wish it was cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite its price ($49/30mL), I am enjoying this product a lot. I have a lot of tiny bumps on top of my head and I've tried a lot of conventional products to get ride of them (salicylic acid, AHA, exfoliation, tea tree oil) but none of them has worked. When I tried this product, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular but after about 2 weeks of use, I noticed that the number of bumps on top of my forehead has dramatically reduced.

I recommend this product to those who have oily/acne-prone skin. Those with dry skin, you would definitely need a moisturizer over this serum.

*Update: I have been using this over a year and used up 2 bottles. Each 30mL for me takes about 1/2 year to finish. This is still my favorite serum to use to control my acne-prone skin. If you choose to use this, you will have to use it for at least two weeks to see an effect.

*update: I have stopped using it after I finished my 3rd bottle. I felt the effectiveness of the serum diminished, not sure if my skin had grown tolerant of the effects or if my skin changed. I may go back to this product again after some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by carolyne44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks to this product, I don't have blackheads or whiteheads anymore. It took me over a month to achieve but it's now part of my daily routine. Shame this product doesn't get more publicity.