Ecotools Bamboo Deluxe Concealer Brush

4.4

on 7/27/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this for a long time and I will definitely repurchase if something happens to it.

I use this only to buff in and blend my Clarins Instant Concealer (HG for me) after I apply it with my finger.
I've tried to apply it directly with the brush but it didn't perform as well. It may be due to the consistency of the product, and applying it with the finger first has the benefit of warming it up a little to 'loosen it up' to put it that way. So that's why I'm not 100% sure it would work well with ALL concealers. And I would only use it to blend, not to apply.

It washes very well - I wash mine very often (every 2-3 uses) - it hold up well, and the hairs don't fall out or go astray.

For the price, I'm happy with it.

on 7/26/2015 11:03:00 PM

I've had this brush for years and only recently discovered it's for concealer. I've loved it as a flat shader brush for years. The tapered point fits well in the inner corner. Love it for cream bases. Not sure of the performance as a concealer brush but totally love it for my eyes.

on 7/25/2015 5:30:00 PM

This brush is absolutely horrible! I have the ecotool brushes and they're generally good and very soft. I bought this because the shape of it seemed like what I was looking for. The bristles are like straw and really irritated my skin and I don't have sensitive skin. Even when I pushed through that aspect the brush left my concealer streaky and did nothing good at all.

on 1/3/2015 12:26:00 PM

I do not particularly like this brush for concealer application because I feel like it is a bit streaky. The bristles are not fluffy, but rather are more clustered. This provides for a thicker application, but I have to go over the application with my finger to blend it out. I do not have much use for this brush so I would not repurchase.

on 2/14/2014 2:33:00 AM

Although this brush is soft, washes well, and fits nicely under eyes, I found it to leave streaks, especially with liquid products. I thought it might do better with a creamier, denser product, but I found it still smudged the product off of the area you were trying to apply too. Best results found when patting product onto the skin with this brush. I suppose you could use it for getting a general even base but then I'd recommend buffing with another brush or going over with a sponge or fingers to smooth out.

on 7/3/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would have loved it, and should have loved it, but I don't :-/ It's too hard, too big and too dense, and it literally sucks up all the concealer I apply on it. It's okay for concealing spots on cheeks and such, but I focus on the under eye area, which this doesn't do very well with.

I need a smaller and softer one that moves more with my skin. This one is to harsh on the delicate under eye area.

Plus for the soft bristles and non shedding, though.

I love this concealer brush, the only time I have problems with it is through faults of my own like not moisurising properly. I find it easier to use by using a tiny amount of my mouisturiser with it and also to stop it soaking in as much of the product! Overall, a great brush that is worth the money you pay for it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This brush is horrible! It leaves streak marks and most of the product ends in the brush! Don't buy this!

on 3/25/2012 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Another great inexpensive basic brush from EcoTools. I use it to get liquid foundation into tricky spots, such as next to my nostrils, and to use stick foundation as concealer. It could be a little bit smaller, but it certainly gets the job done and it's definitely a bargain - decent quality and inexpensive.

on 3/22/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is a little too big for concealing spots but it's perfect for under eye circles. I prefer to use my fingers for that so honestly this brush doesn't get used much, I am trying to think of new jobs for it because I just like it that much. It doesn't shed, it's so incredibly soft (but firm) and it has stayed the same after many washes. Amazing quality for the price. And although I like that one as well I think it's better than the concealer brush you get in the RT set.

Top Rated Ecotools Products