July 26, 2014 | 985 users online

Lip Gloss - Fyrinnae - Lip Lustre in Lace Gloves

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Kotone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lace Gloves is my favourite Lip Lustre out of the three I ordered. On me it is a peachy pink sheer with a subtle gorgeous red shimmer. It is really wearable and a great everyday shade. The formula on all the lip lustres I've tried is great. They are smooth, fairly long lasting, non sticky, and don't feel drying at all. The scents are all delicious but they don't linger on your lips, you only smell them during application. (Which is a good thing if you are scent sensitive) The price on these is extremely inexpensive and reasonable. I have heard that some people received gritty lustres, if you send Fyrinnae an email they will replace yours. They are normally a very smooth product. This shade isn't a stain and since its sheer it doesn't last as long. This one fades on me within an hour or so, depending on what I'm doing. (Its really hot where I live so if I'm taking a walk it fades faster than when I'm at school.) All in all I love these lip lustres and plan on purchasing more in the future.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

nice color, little too oily for my tastes and kinda shimmery. uneven coverage. just really not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 7:15:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lace Gloves is one of my favorite lip lustres because it's something I can wear to work (I don't know that Fanservice would go over well 9-5) and flattering. Lace Gloves is medium warm pink shimmer with some red shimmer. The whole effect is sheer coral-y pink. Lip Lustres are generally more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss, but Lace Gloves is so sheer that the effect looks more like a regular gloss.
The scent fades really quickly and isn't super strong. I believe you also smell quite a bit of the oils and butters that make up the lustre.
Lip Lustre texture is really interesting and not for everyone. I've gotten so used to waxy or heavy lip colors that at first it felt weird to wear something that had less slip. I almost wonder if some of the people who feel grittiness are actually sensitive to the shimmer in the product and it may not always be a formula issue, because the shimmer is in a base that is so thin. Now, I'm more used to the buttery feel. They last, but not through eating or drinking on me. I like the color a lot, so I'd repurchase, and I'd try more lip lustre shades, but almost more as a novelty, in some cases.