September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - HD Microfinish Cream Blush - #13 Smooth Talker

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought this would be the perfect shade that I have been looking for! The good news is that it is, the bad news is that itís too light for my skin tone. Even when I pack the product on, itís still too light. Although, itís not a total waste of a product since it does make a really nice base for my powder blushes. I may repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE it! perfect under Illamasqua's Katie blush. I love cool pinks and this stays true to the cool pale colour that it is without morphing into some disappointingly peachy muddy pink. I have the number 4 shade, but I much prefer this one, though sometimes I'll mix a little teeny bit of the number 4 with this one if I'm in the mood for a warmer blush shade. Overall, love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The concept for these blushes is really cool, and it's true that this color is *quite* unique in a good way. A lavender-ish pink that appeared when I tested it on my hand to have good payoff for such a light color. The problem is that when I actually put it on my face, I couldn't see it at all. I'm not saying this is a problem with the blush itself, it sort of amazed me in the store and then Pinkishbrown's review, which I found helpful (and checked from my phone in the mall, thank you MUA!) said that while the color was really light, it had great payoff. This is *exactly* what I was looking for in a cream blush, and a 'hole' in my makeup wardrobe that I've been wanting to fill for a long time. I think the problem might be that I'm such a PPP that it was basically the same color as my face. She lists her skintone as dark, and I'm quite sure it looks amazing on someone whose skin would contrast quite a lot with this color, but on me it basically didn't show up at all no matter how much I tried. So, PPPs, beware a bit, I had to take this one back to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product, just the thing for people who are prone to feeling the heaviness of most liquid or cream blushes.
I would more accurately describe this blush as a water-based or somehow "gel"-esque blush. It's definitely in a thick liquid form when it's emitted from the container, but it dries to a very soft powdery finish, almost a bit chalky but not in a bad way. It's not at all like a Stila Convertible Color blush, or a MAC blushcreme; those tend to feel far more sticky or weighted. Some women may need that extra moisture, so if you are seeking a creamy/ very nourishing type of blush, this may be leaving you a little dry (literally).
However, that's easily remedied using a moisturizer first.
This blush is amazing. Colorwise, the payoff is really unlike any other blush i've tried recently.
This color in particular is unique. I have not seen anything like it lately, especially in a cream/gel/liquid form. This might be similar to a Bobbi Brown blush, though i'm not entirely familiar with her line. I think a few of her powder blushes are blue-based cool pinks, and that's what this is, though VERY pale.
I would accurately describe the color as a blush form of OPI nail polish in "Mod about you". It's almost a lavender-pink, but so pale and fresh.
If you are more traditional and think of blushes as pinks and reds and corals, this may be too mod for you.
I'm dark-skinned and though it sounds scary, i love this blush on me. I am going to use it with a very light hand. What i love most? The fact that it doesn't oxidize and turn orange or ruddy...there's absolutely NO yellow in this blush.
Cost: $25
Product name: is actually #13, but i think Sephora has attached the "cutesy" (heh) names to this line of blush. I do not approve of the names, especially the more trashy ones...there's just no need for that. It's so condescending actually, but I'll save my rants for the Cafe board, LOL.
Packaging: i love it and love the sleek look, plus it stays so neat and clean. My only tiny rant is that a lot comes out, no matter how lightly you press on the pump. It's okay, this will not finish anytime soon imo.

Overall...an A+!