July 25, 2014 | 1842 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by heyimsabrinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A W E S O M E
I've been religiously using this for around 2 years now and will probably never stop using
Only product that works on my lips! I've tried all too many lip balms just to be disappointed but vaseline always does the job.
Packaging kinda sucks but im used to it by now, only semi-bad thing about this is all the weird looks I get when people see me casually take out a tub of vaseline from my purse for my lips haha but its all good. Definitely worth it! Recommend x10

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

Vaseline petroleumn jelly is the cheapest solution to most skin worries. It can be used to cure cracked heels and chapped lips. Also, sometimes I use it to remove makeup. I have also heard that people use it to treat mature skin as well. You can check more details here: Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Review continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried a myriad of lip balms but always come back to this! It's the only product that soothes my dry lips! I apply it every night before bed and have smooth lips in the morning. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a staple product for me. I've used it for everything for a few years now and it's great!

-i use this to remove my eye makeup, it takes off eyeshadow, liner, mascara and all! I have noticed since I started using this to remove eyemakeup that my eyelashes have been in much better condition! they've gotten a bit longer and fuller. with some makeup wipes i have to rub at my eye too much and sometimes a few lashes come out, vaseline is so much easier. i asked my doctor if it's safe to use on the eyes and he said yes!
-i also use this on my lips before bed on really cold nights. prevents them from getting chapped and dried.
-i use this on my feet and then put socks on them for bed and my feet are so soft!
-great to use right out of the shower as well, it locks in so much moisture!
-you can get vaseline literally anywhere! CVS, Target, Walmart, Rite Aid, Walgreens ect.
-no breakouts, no irritation, and no reactions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Recently I moved from the rainy Pacific Northwest to the crazy cold East Coast. My skin has been going haywire with the cold weather, dry indoor heat and the well water we have to use in the shower and sink. In the past few months my skin has become so dry and I've been getting more fine lines which is scary to me. Because of this I've been slapping more moisturizers on my skin and it seems what worked on the West Coast is not working as well out here. I've tried coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, sesame oil, macadamia oil , etc. and none seem to be helping. My usual shea butter works ok but it's not enough to seal moisture into my skin. So because of this I started eyeballing the tub of Vaseline I've had laying around in my first aid supplies. I grew up with this stuff since my mother worked in the medical field and I remember going to school as a child with a little tub of this in my backpack. I dare say it was my first shiny lipgloss! After much reading I decided to use this on my face a few weeks ago. Washed my face really well, applied a toner with antibacterial ingredients (due to my skin breaking out easily) and then a thin layer of Vaseline that had be been mixed with a little water. I woke up the next morning with my skin looking plump and my fine lines GREATLY reduced and my lips looking amazing! I've been having problems with constant chapped lips since December and nothing I've applied has been working. Argan oil, my HG Sundog Naked lip balm, Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild moisturizer in the tin, shea butter , etc. The Vaseline healed my lips up in TWO DAYS!!! I went from crocodile skin to baby butt smooth, and healed, skin in two days! AMAZING!
Here is my gripe though. I used petroleum jelly, Walgreen's brand, for this. Doesn't taste or smell funny. Then this weekend I bought a back up tub of Vaseline brand petroleum jelly and it was problematic. Firstly , the smell. I could detect immediately that the Vaseline had an odor and since I know petroleum jelly comes from oil refining the fact that the Vaseline had a distinct odor was a red flag. After I applied a bit to my lips I noticed immediately it had a chemical TASTE that was not pleasant. Thirdly after 10 - 15 minutes I started feeling nauseous from the smell and the taste of the Vaseline. My stomach started to flip flop a bit and I had to remove it from my lips. I find this odd and a bit freaky. I am not 100% against products that are mineral oil based cause honestly the stuff works and when you need something that works, and don't have money to toss around, then you need something that is reliable. I DO though have an issue with a product , in this case the Vaseline brand petroleum jelly, that smells and tastes funny and makes me feel unwell. So I'm a fan of Walgreens petroleum jelly/vaseline but not the Vaseline brand petroleum jelly. I call Walgreen's petroleum jelly Vaseline also cause the brand is iconic and everyone knows what you mean when you say it. So five lippies for Walgreens brand petroleum jelly/Vaseline but not Vaseline brand. Sad cause I've read that Vaseline brand is the best and the safest if you're going to buy petroleum jelly. Will stick to Walgreen's brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Vanderkoush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I apply petroleum jelly immediately after a nightly shower. It works well to lock in moisture and the next morning my skin as a sot as a baby's bum. I mean in, bring me any baby and my skin will emerge victorious.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl7996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! It has helped my lashes grow longer by just putting a little on each night. It has also made my lips feel beautiful and soft! The price is so cheap for such a versatile product ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by KimMonroe

Vaseline is one of those products that you use for multiple reasons and I love that about it. I personally use this on dry lips and to remove eye makeup. This gently removes all traces of mascara, including waterproof and leaves my lashes feeling so soft. If I have dry lips I put some of this on and this quickly become soft and plump. Iím sure there are many other uses for this product but as of right now I am only using it for those two. Itís also cheap which another big plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my everyday HG product because I can use it anywhere and it's super moisturizing. Plus it's cheap and I have never finished an entire tub (I tend to lose them) because it lasts forever! It's amazing on the lips and anywhere that needs to be moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

This stuff is amazing, and it's so versatile too. And it's cheap. A little goes a long way.
I mainly use it as an overnight lipbalm, and when I wake up, my lips is dry and flaky free. I also use it on my feet, and it's great too.
I melt a tiny bit of vaseline and mix it with my foundation, and it gives me a nice glow. Such a versatile product, love love love it.