November 28, 2014 | 2024 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Use it on almost anything and it helps! Chapped lips and dry skin especially.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a great product for lips that I've given up the fancy expenive lip balms. This is so moisturising that I sometimes forget to apply additonal vasline to my lips during the day. I also have started exepriencing a sort of eczema on my right hand. I was using fancy lotions and creams to keep my hand moisturised and comfortable after i started experiencing dry cracked skin and flaking. Vaseline has worked wonders. I apply it to my hands immediately after I wash them and they stay nice and comfy. Also use it over my hands once I've applied my cortisone ointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is the only thing that will cure a severe case of chapped lips, chapped skin, wind burn, and overly dry skin for me. I always have some on hand and my prefered one is their cocoa butter one.

This is what I use for my rosacea in winter when its so bad nothing is working. This will instantly calm it down and restore the skin in a day to levels I can deal with. When my under eye area becomes overly dry in winter and begins getting raw I use this over some eye cream and the next morning it's fixed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by alexiseptember

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd like to preface this review by saying petroleum jelly is a ZERO ON THE COMEDOGENIC SCALE, as is MINERAL OIL. It is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY you will experience a breakout from it. The only thing that poses a concern for the acne prone with Vaseline is that it's packaged in a jar, which is unhygienic and my only problem with the product.

Additionally, it is an OCCLUSIVE, not a HUMECTANT. This means it prevents water loss through the skin- it TRAPS HYDRATION, but DOESN'T ADD HYDRATION.

On to the review: best thing ever. I apply the tiniest bit post-cleansing to dry skin and bear the greasiness. It's worth the super smooth face in the morning. If my skin is extra dry, I dab it on OVER moisturizer.

I apply it nightly to my lips and haven't seen them chapped in years.

Rub some on your legs after a shave and wake up with awesome soft skin.

Open toed shoes? Vaseline + fuzzy socks + a good night's sleep = great feet.

Hard to remove makeup? A little Vaseline on a cotton pad and you're ready to cleanse. Nothing else gets off lipstain so well.

Vaseline is a huge part of my beauty routine. I always have a tub on standby!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by imminentfate

I have really dry and acne-prone skin and I'm currently treating it with a BHA, benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin. My skin gets extremely dry and flaky and I was really really hoping that this would be my magic bullet. I tried it over a few days and nights and here are my pros/cons:

Pros:
- Reduced the flaking quite a bit. Didn't totally eliminate the flakiness but I did notice a considerable reduction.
- Very cheap and easily accessible

Cons:
- Jar packaging is very unhygenic, I had to use cotton bues to get the product out.
- Majorly clogged my pores! Obviously this a big deal. I got a pimple in a part of my face where i NEVER broke out and not-so-coincidentally it was the part where I'd slathered on the most vaseline. Pores were also super cloggy. In addition, I put this around my eyes to use as an eye cream and it also clogged my pores there smh. So yeah, hell no.

In sum, I don't think this is necessarily a bad product. Many people need a strong occlusive and so do I. This really isn't just the product for me. Going to try mineral oil next, wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Nice all purpose skin protectant and moisturizer.
I like to use this on my feet during summer time or anything actually. I put it on my elbows or any dry patches I get, and it also works as a lip balm. I have since stopped buying the smiths rosebud salve and replaced it with the new scented versions of this. Works better I think and I get a TON more for my money not to mention I have tin to fight with to get the product out

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by olives5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

even though apparently this isn't the healthiest or most environmentally friendly product (it is a petroleum oil derivative) it really is useful. I use it around my ankles, knees and elbows before self tanning so those areas don't get too dark, and if you knick yourself shaving you can dab it on to stop the bleeding. I wouldn't use this as a lip balm long term however because it can cause collagen deteroration but its definitely something to have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by heyimsabrinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A W E S O M E
I've been religiously using this for around 2 years now and will probably never stop using
Only product that works on my lips! I've tried all too many lip balms just to be disappointed but vaseline always does the job.
Packaging kinda sucks but im used to it by now, only semi-bad thing about this is all the weird looks I get when people see me casually take out a tub of vaseline from my purse for my lips haha but its all good. Definitely worth it! Recommend x10

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

Vaseline petroleumn jelly is the cheapest solution to most skin worries. It can be used to cure cracked heels and chapped lips. Also, sometimes I use it to remove makeup. I have also heard that people use it to treat mature skin as well. You can check more details here: Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Review continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried a myriad of lip balms but always come back to this! It's the only product that soothes my dry lips! I apply it every night before bed and have smooth lips in the morning. Love!