Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/2/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

They make this in a tube so I recommend that for sanitary purposes. I've used this over moisturizer on my face at night to trap moisture and people always think I look 10+ years younger than I am. I use it for eyes too (again over my eye cream)but because it is so thick you need to dab it on carefully and not drag it. keep a light hand and you'll look great.

on 2/27/2015 9:54:00 PM

I didn't notice there was two different sections for Vaseline on MUA, so I copy pasted my review:

I used to use vaseline for almost everything. As a moisturiser for my lips, dry skin (elbows, knees, etc), my feet, and even under my eyes. I replaced it now with other things such as home made body butter, and oils.

There are a few reasons I stopped using this and the number one reason is the ingredients. Its petroleum jelly. Although it goes through processes to remove any impurities, I'm not comfortable with the thought.

Another problem I had was something similar to what another reviewer mentioned. My skin would feel moisturised temporarily. After a while, it felt more dry than prior to using it.

Other reasons include wanting to feed my skin better products. Vaseline may moisturise your skin, but that is it. No antioxidants, nothing.

Now, I'm not a health nut nor do I claim that I don't use any chemicals on my skin. I do, and I don't think I'll be stopping any time soon. I just believe there are much better options for moisturisers out there that will not only provide you with moisture, but with other benefits, without emptying your wallet.

If you have really dry skin, and are not looking for anything other than moisturising, then I think you'll love this. Other than that, I'd suggest trying other products.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

One jar can last forever. Useful towards dry crack lips, cracks on heels on my feet. NOT GOOD on face though, way too oily

I don't use this on my face because it's so thick and greasy and I don't wanna dirty my pillow case.But I do use this on my lips and eyebrows and eyelids every night and it's very moisturizing.Especially my lips i love it gets dry so I apply this on and it feels awesome.I also use it dry rough spots on my body and fingers :D.

I have sensitive skin and so far this hasn't irritated me :D.One tub lasts you a lifetime haha!

on 2/1/2015 8:54:00 PM

Good for lips.
Helps damaged face keep it's moisture in. Does not irritate.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I absolutely LOVE this on my face at night after moisturizer! I was scared at first because I thought it'd make me break out but it actually makes my dry skin very soft and smooth. Nothing has worked as well as this. The only downside is that its very sticky and takes forever to sink in, I'm talking hours. That's why I sleep in it, I don't think it's good for daytime.

on 1/13/2015 11:45:00 AM

Vaseline, the pure stuff, is amazing! I use it for:
* my lips, to keep them moisturized and I apply it before I slightly scrub my lips with a toothbrush
* my hands. I have extremely dry skin, very very dry and I slatter some on my hands before I go to sleep and top it of with Vaseline Intensive care advanced repair hands and when my hands are covered with dry patch (from eczema) I apply a very thick layer of the vaseline, top it off with the VICARH and put some old socks over my hands to let it "soak" in during the night (looks ridiculous, works like a charm),
* dry patches on my skin
* as a cuticle lotion
* my elbows

I have several tins laying around in our house and I have a couple in my bag, never leave home without it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is something that you have to have. Always. The reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because petrolatum is a sketchy ingredient, and it's kind of sticky, which is good and bad. I swear you can use on everything. Would not repurchase, the coco butter one is better.

on 12/30/2014 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Everyone needs this product in their homes or handbags LOL. I use it on my lips to moisturise and soften them especially in winter and on the rest of my body for a soft and smooth finish. To me Vaseline is perfect.......

on 12/21/2014 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is something everybody needs to keep in their beauty bag. It's probably the most versatile product out there. I use this several ways:
1. On my lips at night to soften them.
2. On my elbows and knees after I shower/exfoliate.
3. On my eyelashes to help them soften and grow longer.

And for other things on occasion. This is a product everybody should have in their beauty bag.