January 30, 2015 | 1956 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 2:20:00 AM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this on my face at night after moisturizer! I was scared at first because I thought it'd make me break out but it actually makes my dry skin very soft and smooth. Nothing has worked as well as this. The only downside is that its very sticky and takes forever to sink in, I'm talking hours. That's why I sleep in it, I don't think it's good for daytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:45:00 AM More reviews by DutchMaartje

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Vaseline, the pure stuff, is amazing! I use it for:
* my lips, to keep them moisturized and I apply it before I slightly scrub my lips with a toothbrush
* my hands. I have extremely dry skin, very very dry and I slatter some on my hands before I go to sleep and top it of with Vaseline Intensive care advanced repair hands and when my hands are covered with dry patch (from eczema) I apply a very thick layer of the vaseline, top it off with the VICARH and put some old socks over my hands to let it "soak" in during the night (looks ridiculous, works like a charm),
* dry patches on my skin
* as a cuticle lotion
* my elbows

I have several tins laying around in our house and I have a couple in my bag, never leave home without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 8:00:00 PM More reviews by cutieblakcat

This stuff is something that you have to have. Always. The reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because petrolatum is a sketchy ingredient, and it's kind of sticky, which is good and bad. I swear you can use on everything. Would not repurchase, the coco butter one is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by MaxStarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone needs this product in their homes or handbags LOL. I use it on my lips to moisturise and soften them especially in winter and on the rest of my body for a soft and smooth finish. To me Vaseline is perfect.......

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is something everybody needs to keep in their beauty bag. It's probably the most versatile product out there. I use this several ways:
1. On my lips at night to soften them.
2. On my elbows and knees after I shower/exfoliate.
3. On my eyelashes to help them soften and grow longer.

And for other things on occasion. This is a product everybody should have in their beauty bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont know why I havent reviewed vaseline before so here it is haha. Anyways, love this stuff! I use this more in the winter than summer. I use this on my face after cleansing, I rub a pea size amount on my fingers and gently pat over MOISTURIZED skin, when I wake up I have zero dry patches and glowy skin!

Use this on my lips every night and my eyelashes. Use this on my cuticles when they are dry/cracked. Use this on my cracked heels. Use this over razor burn to ease the pain (especially in the lady parts area haha). Use this to remove access eye makeup residue. There are just endless uses for this honestly!

This stuff is awesome and super cheap.

Also, just adding that vaseline doesnt clog pores or cause acne, its molecules are too large to penetrate the skin, vaseline acts as a BARRIER and therefore PROTECTS the skin from the outside/harsh environments and traps in the moisture. If you are complaining of the greasyness, you are probably using too much, and if you are breaking out its probably something else in your skin care routine.

Also, you can buy petroleum jelly in the tube form if you dont like the tub (sometimes its in the baby isle if you cant find it with the other vaseline items) I have had several tube forms of this, doesnt matter the brand either as long as its 100% petroleum jelly in the ingredients and nothing else : )

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Truly disgusting to use on skin, especially on facial skin!! I can't stand it even on my hands or feet!
The first time I applied it on my face, few years back, it clogged my pores in hours and gave me pimples and deep cysts in places I would never have them. Also made my skin feel very uncomfortable as in red and dry patches on my cheek bones and a greasy shiny look! Bleah.
It was the only time I used it on my face. When I used on my lips, they ended up being dry and they were peeling.
I then used it on my hands and feet but I just couldn't get over the disgusting feeling even if I applied it at night.
I now use it to give my shoes a nice shine and protect them from the water or snow. I also use it for the squeeky hinges.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyForTheRestOfUs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the best things i have found for my psoriasis! In the winter I have flare ups that are only helped minimally by medocated creams/ointments, or even coconut oil and pure shea butter. As petroleum jelly is an occlusive and not a moisturizer, I put a little bit of water on my skin then slather the jelly on over top. Lasts houts longer than any other moisturizer and the itch stays away. All of the other uses people have mentioned (eye cream, foot treatment, etc.) are wonderful and true too, but I feel like this is especially worth noting! I use the store brands only because of the minimal price difference. If you're the type who can make a tub last for years, then splurge on the name brand. For someone who goes through a lot though (I get flare ups on most of my body) the price break is worth it because I go through a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Use it on almost anything and it helps! Chapped lips and dry skin especially.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a great product for lips that I've given up the fancy expenive lip balms. This is so moisturising that I sometimes forget to apply additonal vasline to my lips during the day. I also have started exepriencing a sort of eczema on my right hand. I was using fancy lotions and creams to keep my hand moisturised and comfortable after i started experiencing dry cracked skin and flaking. Vaseline has worked wonders. I apply it to my hands immediately after I wash them and they stay nice and comfy. Also use it over my hands once I've applied my cortisone ointment.