December 20, 2014 | 1136 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont know why I havent reviewed vaseline before so here it is haha. Anyways, love this stuff! I use this more in the winter than summer. I use this on my face after cleansing, I rub a pea size amount on my fingers and gently pat over MOISTURIZED skin, when I wake up I have zero dry patches and glowy skin!

Use this on my lips every night and my eyelashes. Use this on my cuticles when they are dry/cracked. Use this on my cracked heels. Use this over razor burn to ease the pain (especially in the lady parts area haha). Use this to remove access eye makeup residue. There are just endless uses for this honestly!

This stuff is awesome and super cheap.

Also, just adding that vaseline doesnt clog pores or cause acne, its molecules are too large to penetrate the skin, vaseline acts as a BARRIER and therefore PROTECTS the skin from the outside/harsh environments and traps in the moisture. If you are complaining of the greasyness, you are probably using too much, and if you are breaking out its probably something else in your skin care routine.

Also, you can buy petroleum jelly in the tube form if you dont like the tub (sometimes its in the baby isle if you cant find it with the other vaseline items) I have had several tube forms of this, doesnt matter the brand either as long as its 100% petroleum jelly in the ingredients and nothing else : )

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Truly disgusting to use on skin, especially on facial skin!! I can't stand it even on my hands or feet!
The first time I applied it on my face, few years back, it clogged my pores in hours and gave me pimples and deep cysts in places I would never have them. Also made my skin feel very uncomfortable as in red and dry patches on my cheek bones and a greasy shiny look! Bleah.
It was the only time I used it on my face. When I used on my lips, they ended up being dry and they were peeling.
I then used it on my hands and feet but I just couldn't get over the disgusting feeling even if I applied it at night.
I now use it to give my shoes a nice shine and protect them from the water or snow. I also use it for the squeeky hinges.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyForTheRestOfUs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best things i have found for my psoriasis! In the winter I have flare ups that are only helped minimally by medocated creams/ointments, or even coconut oil and pure shea butter. As petroleum jelly is an occlusive and not a moisturizer, I put a little bit of water on my skin then slather the jelly on over top. Lasts houts longer than any other moisturizer and the itch stays away. All of the other uses people have mentioned (eye cream, foot treatment, etc.) are wonderful and true too, but I feel like this is especially worth noting! I use the store brands only because of the minimal price difference. If you're the type who can make a tub last for years, then splurge on the name brand. For someone who goes through a lot though (I get flare ups on most of my body) the price break is worth it because I go through a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Use it on almost anything and it helps! Chapped lips and dry skin especially.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a great product for lips that I've given up the fancy expenive lip balms. This is so moisturising that I sometimes forget to apply additonal vasline to my lips during the day. I also have started exepriencing a sort of eczema on my right hand. I was using fancy lotions and creams to keep my hand moisturised and comfortable after i started experiencing dry cracked skin and flaking. Vaseline has worked wonders. I apply it to my hands immediately after I wash them and they stay nice and comfy. Also use it over my hands once I've applied my cortisone ointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is the only thing that will cure a severe case of chapped lips, chapped skin, wind burn, and overly dry skin for me. I always have some on hand and my prefered one is their cocoa butter one.

This is what I use for my rosacea in winter when its so bad nothing is working. This will instantly calm it down and restore the skin in a day to levels I can deal with. When my under eye area becomes overly dry in winter and begins getting raw I use this over some eye cream and the next morning it's fixed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by alexiseptember

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd like to preface this review by saying petroleum jelly is a ZERO ON THE COMEDOGENIC SCALE, as is MINERAL OIL. It is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY you will experience a breakout from it. The only thing that poses a concern for the acne prone with Vaseline is that it's packaged in a jar, which is unhygienic and my only problem with the product.

Additionally, it is an OCCLUSIVE, not a HUMECTANT. This means it prevents water loss through the skin- it TRAPS HYDRATION, but DOESN'T ADD HYDRATION.

On to the review: best thing ever. I apply the tiniest bit post-cleansing to dry skin and bear the greasiness. It's worth the super smooth face in the morning. If my skin is extra dry, I dab it on OVER moisturizer.

I apply it nightly to my lips and haven't seen them chapped in years.

Rub some on your legs after a shave and wake up with awesome soft skin.

Open toed shoes? Vaseline + fuzzy socks + a good night's sleep = great feet.

Hard to remove makeup? A little Vaseline on a cotton pad and you're ready to cleanse. Nothing else gets off lipstain so well.

Vaseline is a huge part of my beauty routine. I always have a tub on standby!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by imminentfate

I have really dry and acne-prone skin and I'm currently treating it with a BHA, benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin. My skin gets extremely dry and flaky and I was really really hoping that this would be my magic bullet. I tried it over a few days and nights and here are my pros/cons:

Pros:
- Reduced the flaking quite a bit. Didn't totally eliminate the flakiness but I did notice a considerable reduction.
- Very cheap and easily accessible

Cons:
- Jar packaging is very unhygenic, I had to use cotton bues to get the product out.
- Majorly clogged my pores! Obviously this a big deal. I got a pimple in a part of my face where i NEVER broke out and not-so-coincidentally it was the part where I'd slathered on the most vaseline. Pores were also super cloggy. In addition, I put this around my eyes to use as an eye cream and it also clogged my pores there smh. So yeah, hell no.

In sum, I don't think this is necessarily a bad product. Many people need a strong occlusive and so do I. This really isn't just the product for me. Going to try mineral oil next, wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Nice all purpose skin protectant and moisturizer.
I like to use this on my feet during summer time or anything actually. I put it on my elbows or any dry patches I get, and it also works as a lip balm. I have since stopped buying the smiths rosebud salve and replaced it with the new scented versions of this. Works better I think and I get a TON more for my money not to mention I have tin to fight with to get the product out

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by olives5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

even though apparently this isn't the healthiest or most environmentally friendly product (it is a petroleum oil derivative) it really is useful. I use it around my ankles, knees and elbows before self tanning so those areas don't get too dark, and if you knick yourself shaving you can dab it on to stop the bleeding. I wouldn't use this as a lip balm long term however because it can cause collagen deteroration but its definitely something to have on hand.