Lancome Color Design Sheen - The New Pink

4.8

on 11/18/2013 3:55:00 PM

I got this as a GWP a while ago and didn't really think anything of it. In the tube it just looks like a basic medium pink lipstick with some shimmer. But now that I got around to trying it out, it's slowly becoming my everyday lipstick! The color is gorgeous -- it's a medium bright pink with a slight shimmer that isn't frosty or gritty feeling. As I said, the color is on the brighter side, but it's definitely still daytime appropriate and it looks nice with just about anything. I find some Lancome lipsticks to be a little drying, but I have no problems with this one. It glides on easily, is well pigmented, has no scent or taste, and lasts 5-6 hours on the lips as long as you don't eat anything greasy. I've been wearing this so often and I'm in love with it. Even though I think $22 is a little high for a lipstick, I'll definitely purchase this again when I run out.

on 10/23/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is more than I would normally like to pay for a lipstick (I'm more in the NYX price range these days), but I'd gladly buy this again if I ran out. Someone gave me two of these that they got in GWPs and I was not expecting much, because I usually don't like Lancome products anyhow. But this color is GENIUS. I'm pale and cool. Look at how the other reviewers describe their coloring. We're all pretty different and yet this color works for all of us. When I can't figure out what to do, when I needed to leave five minutes ago and just need to swatch something on that I am sure will look good, when I need a color I am positive will work with whatever else I'm wearing, I reach for "New Pink" and it's always rock solid. Staying power is also fairly good too, with the usual provisos (don't expect it to stay on through pizza), and I also like that it doesn't dry my lips out the way many lipsticks do. My big rave here is the color, though. This right here is that "go-to" medium pink/mauve that many of us have spent a lot of time looking for.

on 5/23/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite pink lipstick of all time. LOVE this stuff! I got it in a GWP a few years back, and discovered it again recently. I've been wearing it almost every single day and am almost out of it. I'll definitely be repurchasing and will never be without it. Lancome better not discontinue this or I'll be very upset. Highly recommend to everyone as I feel it would look good on all skin tones.

on 3/9/2012 11:16:00 PM

The color is exactly what I've been looking for: a slightly shimmery medium pink-mauve with a faint hint of violet. In my eyes it's slightly on the cooler side of neutral and very wearable for most skin tones. Youthful yet classy looking and not your cookie cutter pink lipstick either. The shade is perfectly pigmented and is noticeable but doesn't overwhelm the rest of your face. To quote the Lancome website, the color is "perfect not-too-bright medium pink". For reference, I have fair, untanned yellow based skin and medium pigmented lips. I'm always searching for a non-glossy pink based lipstick that isn't too bright or too dull and this just nails it. Lancome classifies the finish as a "sheen" as opposed to matte, cream, shimmer or metallic. It has fine shimmer to add dimension but it's nowhere near frosted. The formula is non-drying and fairly long lasting. HG material.

on 3/19/2010 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a nice sheerish shimmery pink-mauve, medium toned and it looks good with a lot of colors. Sheers out to be more neutral than mauve/cool. Very pretty on and wearable on my olive-medium skin (NC30). Lasts decently but not as long as their creme formula in the Color Design lipstick. This was also in the recent GWP as was All Done Up. They are both nice, but this doesn't have quite as strong of a cool tone to it, thus rendering it more wearable with more things, for me.

Popular Lipsticks