October 25, 2014 | 1610 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Sport Performance SPF 30 AvoTriplex

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

**UPDATED REVIEW** I have just read a review by Paula Begoun who said that this sunscreen contains the preservatives methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone which are not recommended for products that are left on the skin, such as this sunscreen, as they are sensitizing. I won't be buying this again. I don't often have such a reaction to products after reading Paula's bad reviews but I wear a lot of sunscreen and need adequate protection that will not cause any issues.

**ORIGINAL REVIEW** I bought two travel sized tubes of this for convenience when I was going away for a weekend. I had no sunscreen and I wanted something small to go in my hand luggage. I picked this up purely because it was SPF 30 and it was convenient. I was pleasantly surprised with this sunscreen. I normally hate regular sunscreen for the body, it is sticky and often stings my sensitive skin as well as staining my clothes. The travel sizes are actually really good to use as handcream, I keep them at work so i can reapply throughout the day. I am very prone to freckles and I have moles all over my hands and arms, so I have to wear sunscreen to protect my hands (and it prevents skin ageing also, which is a great benefit!) This sunscreen actually doesn't feel sticky and dries on my skin quickly. It goes on as a thick cream but feels weightless and non-greasy once absorbed. I would buy this again but only in travel sizes so I can keep this on my desk without having a huge bottle of sunscreen on view. I wash my hands a lot so this is easy to apply straight afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This just goes to show that what works for some doesn't work for others. I brought this as I couldn't find the Dri-Blok Advanced AvoTriplex formula, and I really like it. I use it under my make up with no problem. Yes, it needs to "set" but I just use a tissue to blot my face prior to applying any make up. For the winter, its moisturizing enough to use over a light cream, in the summertime, I use this on its own. I appreciate this as I use a retinol at night, so I get the flakeys on occasion. This makes my skin feel soft and smooth.

I can't vouch for a day in intensive sun, but for every day running around, it works a treat. My only concern is that at 8oz, it takes forever to use up if you use it on your face only so I don't know if the one I have from last year is still stable.... But if you prefer to use one product instead of layering multiple products, try this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I accidentally bought this when I was looking for the Dri Block Spf 30. Unlike the Dri-Block which contains silica, this does not contain any. I applied this over a vitamin C serum and lotion on my face, it is a thick white lotion which does not leave a white cast. I waited half an hour for it to set or dry, but it never did, it remained shiny and moist, so I took 3 blotting sheets and blotted until it was not shiny anymore. It felt very moisturizing. I applied my liquid foundation over it and powdered and it looked good. A slight sheen underneath from the sunblock which gave me a glow, but not bad.
After an hour I checked myself in a mirror and holy moly was I super shiny and greasy looking! My foundation was just sitting on top of the sunblock and had shifted some. Ewww. Blotted and powdered again to get it to look good, but had to repeat pretty much every hour, which is too much of a pain to get this stuff to work. This is going back to the store. Not recommended for oily skin.