August 27, 2014 | 1796 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Luscious Pink #23

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by pritha

I love this lipstick - I've reviewed and done a demo on what to pair with this lipstick on my YouTube channel, go check it out for more details:

Enjoy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by christineypo0

My skin tone is light-medium and I have a yellow undertone for reference. NC30.

Staying power: I applied it several hours ago and went out to the mall and came back and it is STILL on. Granted, I didn't eat anything since I applied it and I also had lipbalm + lipliner before the lipstick and I topped it off with a YSL gloss.

Texture: The lipstick itself is smooth, creamy, and literally glides right on. Fortunately for me it didn't dry my lips out at all. It actually locked moisture in.

Color: On Sephora's website it claims it's a "muted rose", but personally I think it's a pinky nude color. It doesn't look "flesh" color so you don't look like you just slapped some concealer on your lips, but it delivers a beautiful pinked nude.

Price: $34 for a lipstick. Expensive, but this is actually my first lipstick purchase. No lipstick has ever enticed me enough to spend money on it, but I could not stop thinking about this YSL lipstick after I saw it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely color. I bought this because it seemed similar to Clinique's Shy which I also like. This is a great shade for me, wearable for day or with dramatic eye makeup in the evening. It's not very dark at all on my fairly pigmented lips. There's no shimmer, but the texture is very creamy and lasts for several hours without bleeding. I can't ask for much more. This is a slightly brown tinted mauve shade that looks warmer on my lips than it does in the tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Considering the price, I expected a lot more from this lipstick, but I get the feeling the added cost is mostly for the substantial-feeling and glamorous packaging.

The name Luscious Pink is a bit misleading, because on me it's more of a deep rose than a pink. Definitely darker than I expected - I was hoping for a medium MLBB pink but this is too dark and makes my teeth look yellow. It feels like a lipstain almost, and has a slick and thin feeling consistency. Not very creamy or plush feeling. The mango scent is pretty strong. I like that it contains SPF, but I won't repurchase this lipstick in Luscious Pink. If only the RV line had a true medium pink for a natural everyday look! I find the current shades to either be too nude or too dark. For reference, I consider NARS Chihuahua lipgloss and MAC Subculture lipliner to be MLBB shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by WishDreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product so far.This was the first ysl lipstick i have purchased i was a little skeptical about the price but hey i heard a lot of good reviews on this product so i decided to purchase it.since i have uneven lip color i usually apply it to the top to even the color.one thing i think is a con to this lipstick is the scent but i payed $37.23 for this so im going to just let it slide.overall i'm very impressed with this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

Oh, how I wanted to love this. For $34 I should have! The price tag is just ridiculous, but I wanted to pamper myself, so I went ahead and bought it. What a mistake. The color was gorgeous (a muted rose shade) and perfect for day and night wear. However, the color faded in about 10 minutes! I'm not even kidding. I applied to right before I walked out the door to go to work, and when I checked it in the mirror a couple blocks later, it had almost all worn off! The other terrible thing about it, is that while it goes on completely creamy and luxurious, it dried my lips out so bad, I had to wear my chapstick for the rest of the day (and my lips are always fully hydrated)! I know I'm probably the only one who doesn't like this lipstick - I can't figure out why it didn't deliver as promised. The packaging is phenomenal (I'll give it that) however.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mlim74

This luxurious lipstick provides excellent pigmentation. This is definitely a full coverage lipstick. It glides on like a dream, even though the $34 price tag is a nightmare!

The color is a mauve pink and an enhanced version of my natural color (very pigmented lips). It is a very "natural" color for me and suites me well for a day time color.

The packaging is gorgeous! Itís so elegant and the little mirror on the top is a very thoughtful design that I hope other companies will start integrating into their lipstick packaging as well. Who wants to pull out a compact and a lipstick to touch up?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by VaticanCameos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this during YSL's Friends and Family sale. I normally don't buy $34 lipsticks for myself, but I decided to splurge for once.

PACKAGING: Very luxurious golden tube with a little mirror on the cap.

TEXTURE: Smooth and creamy. Best lipstick texture that I've tried. ( from MAC, Chanel, Giorgio Armani, Lancome... etc) In terms of staying power, I didn't expect this lipstick to last long (about 2 hours max), and I frequently apply lip products anyway.

COLOR: I wanted a MLBB pink shade. My lips are very pigmented, and other shades (#1, #2) seemed too light and garish. #23 deepened my natural lip color a bit and looked so sophisticated. I'm NC 30, olive skintone for reference.

REPURCHASE: When I save up enough again, haha