April 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - White Chocolate 111

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mayzeemae1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is THE BEST BLONDE DYE AROUND! I totally screwed up my hair with Henna (trying to use "natural"), and have been trying to get it out. My hair was neon orange at a point...lol! This has made my hair look "normal". Like a "normal" blonde!!! YEAH!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by jembon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is naturally dark blonde and I constantly keep it in some state of dyed/highlighted light blonde. It pulls orange VERY easily so I am constantly fighting that (Shimmer Lights purple conditioner is my savior). This hair color was surprisingly great: good price, fine packaging (nothing special but easy to use), and was probably the best single-process home hair color I've ever used in terms of not turning orange. I followed the directions exactly (10 minutes on mid to ends before applying to roots and waiting another 20 minutes) and only got the slightest brassiness at the roots. The rest of the hair was beautifully cool and beige-blonde. I used my Shimmer Lights conditioner on the roots to tone down that bit of brassiness, and it looks great! My hair felt soft and well-conditioned afterwards. Will absolutely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to write this review in hopes of maybe helping someone else.

I have been getting expensive highlights for years. My hair is mostly blonde (from highlighting) but I have dark roots. My hair is naturally a med. to light brown.

so here is the important part. This dye comes with a 30 vol developer. This means it will only lift or lighten your hair 3 levels. Google a hair level chart and find what level you are. Count three shades down and this is what a 30 volume will do. my level is probably a 4 medium brown. So a 30 volume will only lighten me to a 7 medium blond. btw: I am not a hair professional. I just did some research after my hair turned a yucky color of gold using this hair dye. What I didn't understand was I probably needed a 40 vol and possibly should have checked Sally's beauty first. Box dyes are very misleading!

be careful and good luck!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by SupaMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I got the random impulse to bleach my red hair back to ash blonde, and only had this hair dye available, as I didn't have my trusty wells t18 toner on hand. I had a lot of underlying peach/ red tones close to my roots, so I had my doubts that they would be covered, as they where quite strong. However I was totally wrong! White chocolate turned them into a lovely dark ash blonde and the rest of my hair a light ash blonde. It's actually a shade close to the box, but it took two bleachings to get it this color. It's hard to find in my local drug stores so I might have to go back to Sally's, but if I ever stumble upon it again I will definitely purchase! You won't be disappointed if you use it. :)
EDIT: This color was a bit too light (almost white) for my tastes so I opted for something darker. However if thats your cup of tea go for it! lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Cookie1986

I love this hair color. My natural color is a dark blonde and always turns RED or strawberry when I lighten it at home. I loved getting highlights at the salon but they were getting expensive and I really wanted an all over blonde color! But no colorist would do an all over color on me, they said they would have to double process my hair and it would damage it too much. I didn't want to believe them and I kept trying different brands. I did several strand tests until I decided on this one!
I use the color and fruit oil included in the kit but throw out the developer and use 40 volume instead. 30 volume will lighten 3 shades while 40 lightens 4! I also add a packet of Ardell Unred (I get from Sally's)
The color has a lot of blue in it as it is, but since my hair has a lot of red in it I need to add even more blue and that is why I use the Ardell Unred. If you have dark blonde ashy hair and blue or gray eyes, you might not need to add the unred - do a strand test first.
I left the formula on for 40-45 min and rinsed (no shampoo) and applied the conditioner packet (smells so nice) I was so happy my hair did not turn strawberry or lemon colored.
My hair was dry and really golden the first day. Then I shampooed and conditioned and it toned down to a more natural golden blonde and the texture is as smooth as before I colored it. I've gotten so many compliments on this color. I love it and am so happy :) Remember to do a strand test.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I`ve been using this for years. Mostly the #111 White Chocolate, which is a cooler blonde, to minimize brassyness. I have light/medium brown hair and it is already colored blonde so I only do the roots. After L`Oreal dried my hair out multiple times, I will stick to the Garnier. I really like it, smells nice enough, the conditioner is excellent, and I especially like it when my scalp is irritated as this doesn`t burn the scalp, kinda gentle. It has a Vol 30 peroxide, that lightens 3 levels, so I got an Ion sensitive scalp Vol 40, and just pour the 30 out and swith for a 40. Perfect. I leave it on for 1 hr though! As I mentioned, I only do the roots as it on previously colored hair it might get grayish color (don`t panic if that happenes as after 3-4 washes it disappears!:-) ) Quick, easy to apply, smells nicer than most colors, doesn`t burn. My favorite drugstore brand. (For once in a while overall color I used the #100 Natural blonde shade, and it came out goldish on the roots but beautiful on the already colored lenghts. Just once in a while to refresh color, but after that for the roots I stick to the #111.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by silverose1209

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. I am truly impressed. I have been using home hair colors for about 5 or 6 years. Every single one has turned my hair an orangey color at least the first few days. Last product I used was Feria in Starlet. It was ok...
Today I was in a store to buy Starlet and they were out... This product caught my eye. I decided to give it a try.
My natural hair color is a dark ashy blonde. I used Starlet about 5 or 6 weeks ago so had some major roots.

I used this following the instructions. After washing and drying my hair I took a look in the mirror and was truly shocked. Not a hint of orange to be seen. My hair is not as light as the box.. but it is a light to medium natural looking blonde. Perfect! I just did it today so not sure how long it will last.. but I will be repurchasing.. and stocking up!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Catherinemj

I found some good reviews on this product for people with dark brown hair and thought I should give it a try since I couldn't remember the brand I used a few years ago that was alright. People with dark hair who used this product said that it was great and it worked wonderfully and didn't change their hair to a brassy color or orange like other products, but not for my hair. It did nothing in 30 minutes and two hours later, with the product still in my hair as we speak...a tint of a brassy color. The color finder thing on the box is definitely off and would not recommend this product for people with a darker brown hair color. I've tried rinsing and then applying again, but it did nothing. UGH! I should've just bleached my hair...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by aliciamaya

I bought this shade looking to achieve the exact color on the box after successfully getting rid of bright red with both Color Oops and Born Blonde. My hair was a pale yellow prior to applying this, and didn't come out much differently. My hair has responded very well to blonde shades in the past, so I was a little surprised that I didn't achieve the white-blonde I was looking for. I've been using Jhirmack Silver Plus shampoo and am still not able to get all the yellow out. That said, I'm still willing to try it again in the future as a maintenance shade AFTER I'm able to achieve the color I'm looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by TheLemonCat

Love this shade! I used it as a toner after lifting my already, dyed blonde hair with Revlon Colorsilk in shade 05, which has great lifting power but left my hair yellow after two weeks. I left on for 30 minutes, and though my hair turned a light,blue brown while processing, the color came out a beautiful, pale non- brassy blonde when blown out. Like Colorsilk though, the formula is thin and there is not alot in a single bottle. I have fine, barely shoulder length hair and I would reccomend two boxes for anyone with longer or thicker hair. Smell is quite stronger than that of Colosilk but the grapeseed oil packet does help to cut it down. This was by far, the least damaging box color that I have ever used! My hair was soft and incredibly shiny for, lasting up to a week afterwards. Very impressed! My hair has started to turn yellow, especially around my porous ends after two weeks, but I am going to start investing in purple shampoos and conditioners. Note: I used this on hair that was already lifted to a level ten. So while my result was lighter than that on the box, unless your hair is already that light, you should expect your color to be darker based on your current level. I would not use this dye to lift" any color, since I did not notice any lift on my roots. It did blend and tone my hair beautifully, and it looked to be a pale, 10.5,11 for about week before fading back to a yellow 10. If would suggest using the Colorsilk to lift your hair and then, depending on the condition of your hair, use this shade to tone, anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks afterwards. All in all, I will repurchase when in a pinch to tone or add pop to my hair. Edit: as several other reviewers have mentioned, I did notice a very slight, green undertone to my hair as it faded, around the two week mark. It was very faint and only around my porous, and mostly visible under artificial light, not natural. I had used several "ash" dyes and toners before trying out this shade so if you have been depositing mostly ash on your hair, I would suggest stripping with a bleach cap beforehand or trying out another dye.