September 2, 2014 | 1947 users online

Lipstick - MAC - High Def

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my first MAC lipsticks.
Even though this lipstick goes on very creamy, I still feel it's drying.
However, I'd forego that negative point just for the color. I'm an NC40 for reference. I feel like this is a safe nude - does not wash me out and isn't too out there (other shades of lipstick have caused me to resemble an alien). Looks pretty with a gloss, but looks even better without since it has only a slight shimmer to it.
I go up to an NC42 in the summer and I can still rock this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Described as a "mid-tone neutral coral" on the MAC website, this lipstick came out with the High Def Collection and it's appropriately named. The finish is an amplified creme, which I absolutely love. It has the opacity and lasting power of matte lipsticks and the moisturizing qualities of a cream one. Although the color in the tube does indeed resemble a neutral coral shade, on my lips it was more like a neutral browned-mauve and a bit too dark to be used as a "nude" on my nc 37-40 skin. Instead I use this on days when I want a neutral lip look rather than a nude one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sweet color -- nude with peachy/mild neutral pink but mostly it is beige.

I love the coverage and I love the color on my lips which are not too pigmented and on pale skin.

love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Because my natural lip color is fairly dim but still somewhat pigmented (kind like the color of NARS Sin, plummy if you know what I'm talking about), so if I have nothing on my lip the I'll look sick/unhealthy. Therefore, lipstick is a must for me.

High Def from MAC is a very nice neutral pink-coral, when you put it on, its just natural, which is perfect for me at times when Chanel Flirt RA is too much. However if you're natural lip color is rosy to begin with, this might not do much for you.

Texture is great as always with amplified cream, coverage is perfect as well. Just a little gloss on top it can go with everything!

Shame its LE, I'm getting a backup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by svetlana89

From the High Def collection, color is described as a "midtone neutral coral" The best part is that it's amplified creme, the texture is heavenly!! It's creamy and has a pink-tone to it. If you must purchase a lipstick from this collection, get this one, as the rest are all lustres. It isn't a very unique color as it looks like normally pigmented lips, but if you're looking for a lipstick to just finish your look with a slight gloss like finish, this is it!