April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Highlighters - Maybelline - Mineral Power Illuminating Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rediscoverme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in the Nude and Pink colors and as much as I've tried to love them, I just can't.

The product swatched is pretty, but that's about it. The powder has glitter that is not finely milled enough to be considered illuminating or at all natural looking when applied. It is very obvious and chunky on the cheekbones and the color that is in the container doesn't translate onto the skin af all. There is not much staying power to this item at all, either. It's messy when applied to the areas which need to jr highlighter and because it's so glittery, it's very easy to start looking like Christmas ornament.

The packaging and the brush are both awful. There is no way to close up the holes/softer(?) which allow the product to come up to the top so both of the ones I have, contain more product on the top than where it's supposed to be stored, making it a huge mess to use.

This was an overall disappointment for me, and I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Annacuevash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thin it's a nice product. It has a beautiful color and the sheen that it gives is so pretty. It has a good amount of product, even with daily use, it'll take you a long time to run out of it. THE BAD THING: it has really big chunks of glitter, even when applied carefully they fall out all over my face, it's really hard to work with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This is a nice highlighter. Glittery, and gives your cheeks a glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by the low reviews. I am a makeup junkie and love a good shine on my cheekbones. It is perfect for that. If you are using it all over the face then you are not using it properly. Use common sense! It is obviously too shimmery for all over the face. I do like that it is shimmery, not glittery. It also stays put all day. I just apply it to the highlight areas of my face and a little under my eyes. It's beautiful! The only thing I disliked was the brush. I just tossed it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a relatively good highlighter. I especially love the effect that it gives. It has both a light powder to actually highlight the skin, and small shimmery sparkles for a mystic effect. When it hits the sun, the result is beautiful. When it comes to the amount of product you should use, do not use a lot! Treat it as you would any other loose-powder product- less is more. It comes in several shades, I have the one in Nude. In color, it seems like a very light pink, but it is really an off-white with shimmer. The shimmer is not so noticeable that you would look like Edward Cullen, thank god. However, the problem I have with it is that it is not very good in terms of staying power. It is a powder product, though, so it's expected. Plus, it may not be super noticeable on darker skin tones. The kabuki brush it comes with I would not recommend- it is rather rough, so use your own. The price is suitable, around $6. It is a great highlighter if you want a nice, subtle hint of luminosity!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by 417vsj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a big drugstore mistake. Like other reviewers have mentioned, it's way to glittery to be even considered.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by MMDLS

This is too sparkly. The brush feels like wires on my face! it looks alright with the tiniest amount but it will look BUTT UGLY if u put a decent amount. Im using a mark highlighter now thats pretty good with the right amount of shimmer. I wouldnt recommend this highlighter way too sparkly!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MichiLiebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried it today for the first time, and after a few hours of wearing it it looks like fairy dust all over my cheeks. The brush is terrible, even though they say it's made from natural hairs. It's just too rough, I used my ecotools kabuki one and just lightly brushed under my eyes, forehead, bridge of my nose, cheekbones and chin. It looked nice during the day, but after a long while you'll look very shiny, but the effect can be reduced by blotting half a kleenex on your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by valom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

so this was like my first "illuminator". from the get go it was to glittery.it looked like i got fairy dust poured on my face and i used a small amount.i got it in nude.The brush is like pubes, really rough. i was disappointed and now its still fairly new and full and i dont use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jaimemakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think less in more with this product. Be scant with it and you can achieve a nice glowly look, but I think that requires far more time and attention than it should need with this product. It can appear a bit like glitter over your face.

I wish it highlighted a bit more and illuminated my face, not just add sparkles. Because why the heck was the powder pink if it wasn't going to give me a tint whatsoever?

For reference I am around NC35.