July 22, 2014 | 2255 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatfix

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by LenaPena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that this product is fresh and I keep it in my fridge. The fragrance is lovely and I can apply it close to my eyes which is great. I didn't give it five lippies simply because my skin didn't feel deeply moisturized and the pieces of oats that fell down from my face annoyed me. I wish this produkt could work for me but it doesn't

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Right ... This is only the second product i ever bought from LUSH ( as well as the dream cream i hated ) and this is another disappointment !!
I order this because i read on the board that this is really good for very dry skin and people use to say that how only this help to them. And being on RetinA especially in winter i always fight with very dry skin. I do every ones or twice x week moisturising masks after exfoliating my skin.
First i don't mind the pot as i always use brush to apply masks so the pot is ok.
Then the smell is really nice too even i m not mad about porridge ...i like it is nice and yummy.
The worst part ever is how do you apply this ???? I couldn't manage !!! Is extremely thick , very hard to apply and while on - keep dropping pieces around the house. I tried everything and no luck. The only way is to apply ( clean after that as there is no chance you can apply without making mess - is everywhere ) and then sit in the bathroom without moving to much till you have to wash it out . And to be honest i was going to make all this effort if this was some kind of miracle product for my dry skin. BUT IS NOT !!! There is some moisture added after i wash it out and my skin is kind of softer but nothing that makes a good real difference to my skin. Also i broke out from it twice ( had a big spot coming on next day ) and i normally never broke out. Very rare now at my age lol.

I have tried tons of masks , i love them and using masks from when i was 15yo - now 36.
And till this day i have not find anything that is REALLY GOOD but one that i m quite happy with and keep ordering is Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask . And then the dr.Hauschka moisturising mask which is way to $$ and not that much better than the PC one. Also another good one is Avene Soothing Moisture Mask is quite gentle and really soothing especially if you have red irritated skin.
So i m glad some people like this and help them but for me ...NO.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product smells good enough to eat!
but as a face mask it suits skin types that are sensitive and DRY, not sensitive and oily/ combination skin.
during my teens my face was incredibly sensitive and red due to spots (bloody hormones!), but it was also oily, especially in the Tzone and still is although much better now. when i tried this mask i applied it over cleansed skin and it felt cool and fresh on the skin. when i washed it off it left my skin feeling soft but slightly oily all over too! it didn't do much for my skin in terms of clearing up spots and reducing redness, in fact it made them worse.
lush do other ranges of face masks and i found them much better, such as catastrophe cosmetic that are much more suited to my combination skin type.
also, lush give you a free fresh face mask when you give them back a certain amount of lush pots (i think its 5!), which is handy if you are a regular shopper in lush.
i used to be a lushaholic but lately, im finding them very pricey and i've noticed just how much the prices are going up and up!
i wouldn't use this particular mask again, however, i would certainly recommend it to those who suffer with dry skin.

A TIP: freeze your lush mask if you don't use it in time of the use by date.. still works a treat for next time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I was looking for a moisturizing mask for my dry combo skin tends to be more dry during the winter to the point where i get dry scally patches on my cheeks and the burn anyway I had tried everything from Mac -Origins moisturizers and nothing seemed to work well i went into Lush and i picked this and Love lettuce and Cupcake and i have to say this is my fav the only thing is that it has a very short lifspan since its made natural and in small quantities but i will buy again over and over oh btw i love the smell, the texture reminds me off soaked cereal lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this because my skin is sensitive and dry during winter and I was looking for a natural product/mask that would help reduce my dryness and redness.

First of all what I like about this product is that it is freshly made, using natural ingredients. It also smells great and leaves my skin feeling soft. But the downside is that because it is a freshly made product you should ideally use it within 10 days after opening and it needs to be kept in the fridge. It wouldn't be a big deal keeping it in the fridge but I feel that applying a cold mask on my face isn't as effective because my pores instantly close up and therefore not absorbing the nutrients as much (maybe it's just my perception). It also hasn't really helped to reduce the redness of my skin.

I'm not too sure if I would buy this product again but I will keep the packaging because if I collect 5 empty containers (and I intent to buy their other masks) I can get a free mask from Lush, which I think is a brilliant idea.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by KatrinaEntwistleDean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the best face masks. Absolutely saves your skin from being dry in this Winter weather! I used Clarins 'Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream' & followed by this mask & it made my skin feel & look amazing! This is a perfect face mask for someone with normal/dry skin that wants to keep the moisture in their skin. Smells that good you could practically eat it (banana & oats!)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I went to get my free face mask and told the associate I wanted my skin be glowly in this dull winter weather, but that I didn't want my skin to break out. I think she thought my skin was highly sensitive or dry...when it's oily all year round. Anyways I used this a couple times on my face and my skin didn't look any clearer after, but it didn't make it red (bananas and oatmeal)...however I got tiny little whiteheads all over my face in places where I don't breakout...sides of face (jaw area) and forehead. The only thing I added to my regimen was this and Angels on Bare Skin. I believe it would be good for older, dry skin but not young, hormonal skin. But it smells divine and I wanted to lick it off myself when I was bathing. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by jdav203

I don't have a problematic skin, it's generally clear of blemishes and naturally quite soft. The only problem is my skin's quite oily. Anyway, this is my very first face mask as I don't think I need one at all. I chose this to be on the safer side as my skin can be sensitive. I LOVE this mask! It made my skin appear clearer and smoother. And it was definitely smoother :) It's gentle enough for my skin and I've never been this happy about a face product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by bloodpony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to beauty treatment for cold weather. Every winter my face breaks out into awful dry patches and just itches all over. I use this mask twice a week and it just corrects everything and makes everything look better.
If you have oily or combination skin I'd steer clear of this product as it can sometimes feel heavy after your rinse it off (it's very soothing for dry patches though)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really appreciate that everything in this mask is completely natural, however, I think its results are average at best. I have skin prone to being dry, so in winter, I need nourishing masks. This did make my face softer, but it wasn't a lasting effect, therefore no better than putting on a facial lotion that slowly loses its moisture throughout the day. It's also a pain in the butt to apply because of the messy oats. You'd have to use a lot of product to cover your face entirely, and there's not much product to begin with. Also, because of the natural ingredients, the expiration date is short, leaving you to finish it quickly and buy again. Having to buy over and over starts to cost a bit.