LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.7

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Regular tea tree oil straight on the face used to burn my sensitive skin so the jelly consistency of this product is nice. It also doesn't smell like super strong tea tree oil. Works well for my sensitive skin, considering most of lush's products don't tend to agree with my skin, especially on my face. This is really the only Lush product I buy because it's actually good and moderately priced. I don't agree with some of Lush's ethics like the way their employees are treated but the against animal testing is a nice change. Overall a good product, not the very best on the market though.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I read good reviews of this product and decided to buy it. Didn't need it, not sure how it was going to work for me or how i would incorporate it into my routine but I knew I had to have it. I went to the mall 3x to pick up a bottle of Grease Lightning because they were sold out - which goes to show how popular this product is.

The label says it is a "Tea Tree Cleanser", some call it a "Spot Treatment", so there are many ways this can work for you. I don't think "cleanser" is the appropriate word for this product. I tried using it on a pimple and a whitehead, overnight and throughout the day as a "spot treatment". I had hopes the pimple would flatten and go away with minimal to no scarring. Instead, this product made the pimple come to a head. The next morning, the pimple turned into a huge whitehead that I ended up popping with my pimple/blackhead extractor tool. There was no way I was going to work with a white pus bump on the side of my face, or trying to cover it up with concealer. Once I popped it, I put more Grease Lightning on it to heal it. The spot is gone and I have no scarring. I would say the ingredients did a hell of a job at healing my skin. As far as the smaller whitehead that I had, using this product as a spot treatment did nothing to get rid of it.

For me, I would say this works best on pimples but I would rather a product flatten and decrease the size of the pimple, rather than making it come to a head.

I also used this all over my face AFTER I washed my face but BEFORE my face moisturizer. I squirt two pumps in my hand and rubbed it all over my face with the intent to mattify my face. The product dried clear, my face did not feel dry and tight at all. I noticed throughout the day, my face produced less oil and NO product has ever been able to do that for me.

Grease Lightning is definitely a staple and can be used many ways.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this one couse it does what it says! I bought it as an organitc option to other pharmaceutical/ chemical spot remedies i was prescribed by my derm and mainyl because my skin has become so sensitive, it sometimes wont bare the harsh benzoyl peroxides and burns or gets irritated.
I put it on acne right when it see it appearing and it helps fasten the pimple coming in the surface, and then it dries it out ( no magical vanishing here, if acne wants to come out it willand thers little/ nothing you can do)
I suggest this to all people with occasional pimple (if you have acne go to e dermatologist and get that checked out- says the 20something battling acne since 16)

I have had acne since I was 12 I got rid of it using proactive and had clear skin for 2 years than I broke out after trying a lot I tried proactive plus but it burned my skin unlike the original proactive and using basic things I just decided to go to lush because all the raves but grease lightening doesn't do anything it is just an extra product don't waste you money if anything it broke me out more

This product did absolutely nothing for my skin when I used it as a spot treatment. I was really surprised as when I've been into lush before it's been completely sold out so i was lead to think this would be holy grail. It's pretty much aloe vera gel with a few other added ingredients, so it's not bad to put on your skin, but I wouldn't say this is the best treatment for spots. My skin is more receptive to benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and AHA exfoliation in relation to my acne. It's my fault I should've read the ingredients before i bought it.

If this works for you then great, I think the value for money of this product is really good. Spot treatments are usually ridiculously expensive and this is 6 pounds for a pretty large bottle. Although if there was one thing I'd change about the packaging it would be how it dispenses, it all seems to come out too fast and all at once for me so I end up washing quite a bit of product off my hand which is wasteful.

I find this doesn't sit well under makeup, it made my skin look flaky but it in fact was just my foundation (mac face and body if you're interested) sticking to it! I put this down to the gel texture, which when layered on top of other products (serum moisturiser etc) feels quite tightening on the face. Like I've put a layer of glue on it. Gross I know. I don't know why I've talked about this product so much as it's not that impressive there's just a lot of things I find irritating with it.

In short: if you've been using prescription acne medication and chemical products on your skin it's most LIKELY not to respond well to this like mine did. I find my skin gets immune to certain things once I've been using them a while. And my acne has certainly become immune to gentle products like this. i tend to attack my acne with all the force I can via spot treatment then use gentle products on the rest of my face.

Really lovely product drys out pimples. And assists them to clear up faster I don't get a lot of acne but when I do there often headless pimples and I find it's great for that not to harsh but soothing.. It also smells amazing :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product because it is just right for my skin, which is combination. It dries out any oily place (my nose) but also because the brand is Lush, which means it's all natrual ingredients. The pump is easy to use, but it will take a few pumps to get some product out at first. The packaging is good and transportable, not big and clumpy, so useful to take travelling. It lasts for a few hours on face, and doesn't leave it feeling clogged or heavy. My skin loved it, and my spots dissapeared after just a few days! The smell is not disgusting, but nice. It's a gel, and slides over your skin in a good way! A whole pump covers your face. However, some may think it's a little pricey. I got mine for 6, but it lasts a long time. It will take a few days to have a real effect, but it's better and cheaper than the expensive 'this might get rid of some spots or just irritate your face' brands. It is also all natrual ingredients and against animal testing, and I can always trust the Lush Brand. I would reccoment this to everyone and I would definately repurchase.

I use it on breakouts/pimples. In the beginning it worked great, I could squeeze the pimple just a few hours after applying, but now it doesn't really help at all. It doesn't go away faster like it used too. It makes my skin kinda flakey. It's hard to get out the right amount of product. You usally get too much.

When I first started using this product, it did clear my skin after a month or so, and also helped reduce redness and oiliness. It's not as fast working as the name might suggest.
However, after a couple of months, it did seem to stop working on my skin and it would go kind of flaky which didn't happen before. I have to use this product on and off to get results as sometimes it just seems to make my skin worse.
It makes your skin feel very tight which doesn't really bother me, but others may not like the feeling.
I love the smell, texture and how fast it dries. But it can be a little drying on the skin, so I have to use a moisturiser with it or after it. The pump is good and not too much product is let out. One pump is good for the whole face, so sometimes I take the pump out and just use what's on the stick if I don't want to use it on my whole face.
I am a huge fan of Lush skincare and it has helped my skin a lot.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is hands down the best spot treatment I've ever used!! Ive been using this for well over 8months now and when I have been breaking out i apply this and the next day my spots are majorly reduced and are usually gone within 2-3days. This really helps heal the too and leave minimal scarring. It feels so cool and refreshing on the skin. Never leaves my skin dry or irritated. Ive used so many other spot treatments such as quinoderm, freederm, La roche posay effaclar duo and A.I and thats just to name a few but this is hands down the best. The reason why Im writing this review is because i bought a skincare product from Harrods and it broke my skin out in the worst acne since i was 16. Literally had cystic acne all over my face and this was the only thing that helped. It did take longer as they were more acne spots and cyst like which i dong normally get but it still did the job and in less than a week of over night application my acne is almost gone. This stuff also helps with redness too! I literally apply loads of this stuff over my face as i love it. Probably a bit too much! The price isn't too steep either if you compare it to other spot treatments out there and I love the its all natural even though it does contain a Paraben which i don't like. But its so worth it as this really does work!!! HG for sure!!