LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.7

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Really lovely product drys out pimples. And assists them to clear up faster I don't get a lot of acne but when I do there often headless pimples and I find it's great for that not to harsh but soothing.. It also smells amazing :)

on 8/26/2015 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product because it is just right for my skin, which is combination. It dries out any oily place (my nose) but also because the brand is Lush, which means it's all natrual ingredients. The pump is easy to use, but it will take a few pumps to get some product out at first. The packaging is good and transportable, not big and clumpy, so useful to take travelling. It lasts for a few hours on face, and doesn't leave it feeling clogged or heavy. My skin loved it, and my spots dissapeared after just a few days! The smell is not disgusting, but nice. It's a gel, and slides over your skin in a good way! A whole pump covers your face. However, some may think it's a little pricey. I got mine for 6, but it lasts a long time. It will take a few days to have a real effect, but it's better and cheaper than the expensive 'this might get rid of some spots or just irritate your face' brands. It is also all natrual ingredients and against animal testing, and I can always trust the Lush Brand. I would reccoment this to everyone and I would definately repurchase.

on 8/19/2015 5:08:00 PM

I use it on breakouts/pimples. In the beginning it worked great, I could squeeze the pimple just a few hours after applying, but now it doesn't really help at all. It doesn't go away faster like it used too. It makes my skin kinda flakey. It's hard to get out the right amount of product. You usally get too much.

on 8/15/2015 8:25:00 AM

When I first started using this product, it did clear my skin after a month or so, and also helped reduce redness and oiliness. It's not as fast working as the name might suggest.
However, after a couple of months, it did seem to stop working on my skin and it would go kind of flaky which didn't happen before. I have to use this product on and off to get results as sometimes it just seems to make my skin worse.
It makes your skin feel very tight which doesn't really bother me, but others may not like the feeling.
I love the smell, texture and how fast it dries. But it can be a little drying on the skin, so I have to use a moisturiser with it or after it. The pump is good and not too much product is let out. One pump is good for the whole face, so sometimes I take the pump out and just use what's on the stick if I don't want to use it on my whole face.
I am a huge fan of Lush skincare and it has helped my skin a lot.

on 8/12/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is hands down the best spot treatment I've ever used!! Ive been using this for well over 8months now and when I have been breaking out i apply this and the next day my spots are majorly reduced and are usually gone within 2-3days. This really helps heal the too and leave minimal scarring. It feels so cool and refreshing on the skin. Never leaves my skin dry or irritated. Ive used so many other spot treatments such as quinoderm, freederm, La roche posay effaclar duo and A.I and thats just to name a few but this is hands down the best. The reason why Im writing this review is because i bought a skincare product from Harrods and it broke my skin out in the worst acne since i was 16. Literally had cystic acne all over my face and this was the only thing that helped. It did take longer as they were more acne spots and cyst like which i dong normally get but it still did the job and in less than a week of over night application my acne is almost gone. This stuff also helps with redness too! I literally apply loads of this stuff over my face as i love it. Probably a bit too much! The price isn't too steep either if you compare it to other spot treatments out there and I love the its all natural even though it does contain a Paraben which i don't like. But its so worth it as this really does work!!! HG for sure!!

on 7/16/2015 3:56:00 AM

This just may be my HG acne treatment. I only use this as a spot treatment, and do not recommend using it as a cleanser. I believe it needs time (leave on overnight) to do its magic. I will be trying this as a full face treatment soon.

I received a sample jar of this, and I honestly thought it wasn't going to do anything. I put it on a few volcanoes (aka huge, angry cysts) that covered my chin, after cleansing my face and moisturising, and went to bed. The huge cysts had shrunk in size by morning! Thinking it might be just coincidence, I put a few dabs again in the morning after cleansing and moisturising. I kept this up for about 2 days, and those cysts were gone.

The sample pot still has plenty of product (and I have been using it for over a week), so I think it'll last much longer if used as a spot treatment rather than rubbing it all over your face. The price isn't so bad, especially if it lasts a while. I will update how long the bottle lasts for, after purchasing and finishing it.

I definitely recommend getting a sample pot from LUSH. If you buy the bottle and don't see any results/don't like it, then I recommend returning it to LUSH before the bottle is half empty (they don't accept returns in my city if its past the half way mark).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This isn't cheap, but I am always willing to splash a little bit if it means improving my skin, and this hasn't disappointed me! I dab a bit on each individual spot on my face, and it does reduce their size and redness significantly. Best time to use this is definitely overnight - or if you wake up the morning before a night out or an important event and find you have a monster spot, a little bit of this can be a saviour. Also it smells like lavender which is one of my favourite scents, so that's a bonus!

on 6/27/2015 2:47:00 AM

This is my HG spot treatment, hands down, and I have tried all of the products under the sun (salicylic, benzol, etc). I purchased this when I worked at Lush a little over 2 years ago, and am just little under halfway through the bottle, if that. It lasts forever, seriously, and I use it almost every night and sometimes in the mornings after I wash my face! It dramatically reduces redness and swelling overnight, and takes 2-3 days for my acne to disappear, using it every night. It is truly an amazing product. A fraction of a pea-sized amount covers a large area, so a little really does go a long way. If you are hesitant to try it based upon the price, don't be! It is well worth it!!!

on 5/29/2015 1:42:00 PM

I Love it. It makes my acne go away and it really heels my acne scaring. I have oily and acne prone skin and this has made my skin way smoother and I have less acne now thanks to this product. It's just a little pricey but worth it. One pump is all I need so it last a very long time.

on 5/17/2015 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Saved my skin! Heals anything, so gentle too. I'm so bad at remembering to take off my makeup and this has fixed my skin from crisis many times. No other tea tree treatment is this mild, and this pleasant smelling too. It sinks straight in and you don't feel anything at all when it does. Perfect under and over moisturiser, and fine for use with makeup. It does exactly what it says it will, and works really impressively fast too. Only thing is, don't just dab the spot, I put it everywhere all over my face for best results.

Popular Treatments (Face)