LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.6

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 6/27/2015 2:47:00 AM

This is my HG spot treatment, hands down, and I have tried all of the products under the sun (salicylic, benzol, etc). I purchased this when I worked at Lush a little over 2 years ago, and am just little under halfway through the bottle, if that. It lasts forever, seriously, and I use it almost every night and sometimes in the mornings after I wash my face! It dramatically reduces redness and swelling overnight, and takes 2-3 days for my acne to disappear, using it every night. It is truly an amazing product. A fraction of a pea-sized amount covers a large area, so a little really does go a long way. If you are hesitant to try it based upon the price, don't be! It is well worth it!!!

on 5/29/2015 1:42:00 PM

I Love it. It makes my acne go away and it really heels my acne scaring. I have oily and acne prone skin and this has made my skin way smoother and I have less acne now thanks to this product. It's just a little pricey but worth it. One pump is all I need so it last a very long time.

on 5/17/2015 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Saved my skin! Heals anything, so gentle too. I'm so bad at remembering to take off my makeup and this has fixed my skin from crisis many times. No other tea tree treatment is this mild, and this pleasant smelling too. It sinks straight in and you don't feel anything at all when it does. Perfect under and over moisturiser, and fine for use with makeup. It does exactly what it says it will, and works really impressively fast too. Only thing is, don't just dab the spot, I put it everywhere all over my face for best results.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

All I can say is, this works very well for me. I didn't think it would because I'm so used to things packed with chemicals...but this was so simple, natural and effective.

I cleanse my face, dry then apply this all over - focusing on any spots I feel under my the skin waiting to emerge and YES it does stop them in their tracks. I'm so happy because every time I get a spot, even if I don't pick it, I leaves a hyper pigmentation mark which takes months to fade.

I'm really developing a great love for LUSH products, and this is definitely the No.1 so far, alongside Brazened Honey mask, Mask of Magnanimity, UltraBland Cleanser and others!

on 12/27/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

One pump of this stuff covers my entire face, so it definitely lasts awhile! It's a gel, and it has a stronger smell, not necessarily unpleasant but very different. I put this stuff on once a day after washing my face, but before applying my moisturizer. My face feels "tight" after I put this on, but the feeling goes away after I apply the moisturizer. The name might be a bit misleading, because it doesn't necessarily rid you of individual zits quickly. It seems to me that it just improves overall skin texture and pore size. Overall though, I love this product and how bright it makes my skin look!

on 10/21/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this product and have repurchased it twice, however I think the name is somewhat deceiving. It is not a cleanser, but rather a face serum. It is supposed to prevent break outs and pimples from coming up. When I first tried this product I only put a dab onto impurities and noticed that it completely dried out the area. I now use only one pump for my whole face and it is not drying and prevents breakouts so far. It helped me clear up my face and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have overly dry skin, because my skin still does feel "tight" after application and I need a moisturizer after using this.

HOLY GRAIL product! I will never be without it. I believe this to be one of the most effective products that I have ever used. I suffer from very clogged pores, combination skin, occasional pimples. I usually use Dr.Hauschka products if I am having better skin days, otherwise a glycolic cleanser, thayers toner, aztec mask which helps of course but not as much as I would like. Recently I had a very stressful wknd and broke out with 5 or so pimples. I used my usually reliable Mario Badescu Drying Spot Treatment to no avail. I did some research and it looked like Grease Lightning was the next best thing, after using it 5 hours later my pimples began drying up, the redness was disappearing..I could not believe my eyes and would never have expected it to work so quickly. I have been using Coalface, Thayers witch hazel toner, Enzymion, Grease Lightning on spots during the day and apply it on larger areas of my face at night and wake up with clearer and clearer skin everyday, tight pores and all pimples have dried up (Have also been using Cosmetic Warrior or Mask of Magnaminty every other day, which has definitely helped). It is quite drying, but I believe the Ocean Salt (have been using the self-preserving one) exfoliates any dry bits and moisturizes them . I have previously used other lush skin products, but now see that I wasn't using the right ones. This is the clearest my skin has ever been and I will only be using these products from now on. I have spent thousands on products and not to mention hours researching products to get the clearest skin ever and my search is definitely over. As far as parabens used in a few of these products, read the many scientific studies that have been done on them from official websites and do not always trust public opinion, parabens have been sensationalized/hyped up to such an extreme point. Science over speculation. Do your own research.

Update: It seems like my skin became immune to the product, as I find it often does with products that contain tea tree oil. I know find that using medimix soap (indian herbal soap for acne) and cutting back on dairy and sugar makes my skin stay pimple free. After a year of using Lush products, I did not see that much of an improvement in my skin.

on 9/23/2014 6:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Even though I am a Lush devote, I was dubious about grease lightening. However, after my flatmate accidently smashed my glass bottle of straight tea tree oil, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. I have fairly oily skin, with occasional spots, but keep in mind that I definitely do not have acne or any really serious skin problems. Overnight, my spots dried up and over the next day or so they disappeared. My patches of skin I had applied was so much less dry afterwards compared to it is when I use benzoyl peroxide which is also a bonus. Definitely will continue to buy.

unfortunately, this is the first skin product at LUSH to not work for me. It is a gel like constancy with beneficial ingredients that target acne. This is actually my second time buying this product because I really wanted to give it a try, my sister and I shared a bottle & both of us saw no results. We were confused as what it was supposed to do because our pimples continued to come & this product was not improving the existing ones. It really did nothing to my skin, it didn't dry it out, make it better nor did it worsen it. My skin care routine is also all LUSH products so it is upsetting that it did not work out. I do actually like the smell of this, very natural & i think the pump gives out more product than you need but you get a decent size bottle for the amount you pay. It does last forever! so that's an up. Because I did not get any type of reaction to my skin, it's hard to say who i'd recommend this for. I am not sure which skin type it best suits but i'm guessing all. I say, ask for a sample first before purchasing!

on 8/6/2014 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I liked this product a lot! Of course, it will not magically remove all of your pimples, but it does a great job. I noticed a big change in the "redness" of my pimples. It dries them out and after a few days they will disappear. The smell is amazing! I use it a few times throughout a day if I'm at home and apply it on my pimples only.
However, if you put too much it would leave a film and make your face feel dry and tight. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging because you simply cannot press it gently enough to get a small amount of this gel. Also, it is a bit pricey (14$ in Croatia)
So, I would definitely buy this product again because it really does give you results. You should also try it with a Cupcake mask.

Popular Treatments (Face)