October 21, 2014 | 1885 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Harlow

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Because this color is so odd, I suspect that NARS will break my heart by discontinuing it. This looks like a color nobody should wear except for on Halloween. In fact, I got my first tube of it as part of a sampler set. I would not have chosen it for myself otherwise. But, this silvery beige gloss is a thing of beauty. I am always on the hunt for lip products that can do anything that comes close to helping me achieve a nude lip. My lips are quite dark. However, I love to wear this with MAC Myth to achieve a gorgeous, neutral lip perfect for cool-toned ladies. The only complaint I have about it (and it's not major) is that it is quite sticky. I wish I could have the color of this gloss with the texture of the Chanel Glossimers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This ghostly, frozen pigment would be the crux of the ice maiden effect. I am old enough to have participated in that twiggy-shrimpton white lips image, which looked confronting enough back then. (And gosh, looked terrible on me!!)
I got this in a discontinued set.
Whatever Nars did, they nailed an almost impossible yet wearable weird, queer, beautiful, pink beige white lip paint. A theatrical marvel...Harlow the movie queen was a white blonde, with tiny cupids bow lips, imaged for eternity on silver bromide photographic paper. And Nars has captured that essence...lucky you if you can wear this classic evocative cosmetic or even experiment with it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jagratti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This just made me look ill and dried my lips out! I got this as a GWP and thank god I didn't shell out anything for it as it didn't do anything flattering for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Harlow is one of my favorite shades of NARS gloss, but not because of its color! I completely agree with the previous reviewer -- Harlow is terrifying in the tube, and when used as a regular lip gloss, it would look like a silvery, metallic coating on the lips -- great for a robot / futuristic space costume, not so much for daily wear. However, I love Harlow for adding depth and dimension, not as a regular gloss. It is so pretty when dabbed over lipstick or another lip color -- it can add a luminous sheen and fullness, instead of color. For this reason, it takes ages to use, too. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by MrsHolcomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrifying in the tube---kind of a silver, light purply mess, but when applied sparingly this adds amazing depths to your lips. I'd never use it all over like an actual gloss, but I apply the tiniest dab on the center of my lower lip, and blend. Really unique and compliment-drawing!

Would re-purchase, but this would take forever to use up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cdputman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite lipgloss. I have been wearing this for 10 years. My highly pigmented lips love this, its sexy, nude, reflective sexy gloss. Sometimes I re-apply with Striptease so that I don't look too silvery, but this gloss is the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by LezleeBee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also like this lip gloss alot! I love the color it gives my pink lips, but I can understand why it doesn't work for some. My friend has this color as well, but it really washes her face out. I like wearing this best with a tan and a purple smokey eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by IrkaY

Well, it actually looks great on me!!!!, but I can imagine lots of people hate it. You have to be careful with this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by paperdollie

I actually did a lot of research about which NARS lipglosses I wanted to purchase as my first ever gloss and narrowed it down to the Harlow and the Striptease. When I got to the NARS counter the MUA actually suggested that the Harlow was a better suit for me and applied it on my lips. I'm not sure if it was the lighting, the way the MUA applied it or if it was my makeup that day but the Harlow looked great. Unfortunately they had none in stock so I bought the Striptease instead (which was fabulous! I wear it every day) and came back for the Harlow later. But after trying it on again at home I was sooooo put off, my face looked completely drained out, I looked like a corpse with shimmery lips and I avoided using it for a while. However I've recently decided to make it work and teamed the Harlow with some light pink/nude lipsticks and it wasn't half bad.

Apart from the colour the gloss is very high quality but a little on the expensive side (like all NARS products)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had every intention of rating this a big fat 1, but then I gave it another chance. When I first tried it, I just slathered it on like...well, lipgloss. The results were disastrous. I look like I died while drinking molten silver. I put it up for immediate swap, and it just sat there because, not surprisingly, no one else wanted it, either. If I'm going to have a lipgloss taking up space, I might as well find some kind of use for it. I put on Barbarella, and then dabbed the tiniest amount Harlow right in the center of my lips. Blend it out a bit, step back and...whoa. Are those my lips? I tried it again with Niagara and Dolce Vita, and the results were the same. No longer was I the silver monster - I had a kickass pout! This stuff is meant to highlight and add dimension, not gloss (thanks for the confusion, Francois). Would I repurchase? Probably not, but I don't think I'll have to, considering how little I'll use each time.