OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees

3.2

on 2/11/2014 6:13:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I wish I discovered this nail color when I was in my emo phase of high school. Looks like a high quality polish but still gives off the emo brooding look I was into at 16 years old.

on 2/11/2014 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

First of all, I find it interesting that this has gotten low reviews because of the color. By just looking at the bottle, it is obvious that it's a dark charcoal grey, and it's also obvious that the shimmer is extremely subtle. It's not a solid black, which makes it unique for me.
I generally love OPI, although the formulas are often hit or miss. This one takes at least three coats to be opaque. Dry time is extremely fast, and wear time is very long lasting.
I wouldn't buy it again simply because I don't use it enough to justify it. It's just.....ok. Not my favorite color, but I knew that when I got it.

on 10/13/2013 3:10:00 PM

I love OPI and have over 300 colors and this is the worst formula. Super runny and the color is like a dull black. Very disappointing for OPI. I gave it away. Don't waste your money on this one!!

on 4/11/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Suzi skis in the Pyrenees is one of the few Opi's that I own that I was disappointed with :( I received SSitP by mistake when I ordered online (I ordered black onyx but there was a mistake - luckily they refunded my money and let be keep the polish as a 'gift') I'm so happy I didn't pay for this polish cos it was a real let down. It's a very strange colour a charcoal grey crossed with the darkest of dark blues. It appears to be a creme at first, but on closer inspection there is subtle shimmer... The consistency of the polish is bad and it takes several gloopy uneven coats to become opaque. This polish was really hard to work with and I would not waste your time to be honest. There are much nicer colors out there!

on 4/7/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Love this in the bottle. A nice, inky charcoal. However, it takes at least three coats to not be streaky. The first two coats are so liquid and sheer that you can see bits of the pigment in it. By the third or fourth coat, it is nearly black (but not a nice, chic black - a weak black with no oomph) and takes forever to dry. I've had this for about a year and a half and tried many times, but cannot achieve the color in the bottle. Huge disappointment.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I loved this color, it was a Charcoal almost, and it was a great substitute for black. I'm amazed at the high reviews this polish got as it is awful for OPI. The formula is very thin and requires 3-4 quotes to achieve pure opacity. The problem is, this polish takes hours to dry. I had worn three coats of this polish, and let it dry for an hour or so, even still, it hadn't completely dried. I wouldn't recommend this polish, you must resist the color!

on 1/26/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Not black, but charcoal. There is a difference. The darkest gray. It's not flat or matte and it has the darkest possible purpleness to it. Very interesting color indeed. One can see in the bottle it has shimmer in, but not easily spotted on nails. Again, to my eye it looks like charcoal. I like it a lot! Inky like fountain pen ink.

on 11/6/2012 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

an amazing colour, very interesting - charcoal grey with super-tiny shimmer and hints of blue and green, very much depends on the lighting. I bought it spontaneously and was a little upset with the reviews but it turned out to be just as great as all other OPI polishes I own. yes, it needed 3 to 4 coats to look opaque but application was perfect and it dried really fast. I rarely repurchase but I guess this one may become an exception.

on 10/28/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

The pros: great colour - almost black/charcoal grey. I don't see even a hint of blue as others have stated, even in natural light. The cons: ridiculously thin consistency that I would expect from cheap crap polish, not OPI. I think from now on I'll put a coat of Revlon Blackest Black and then swipe this on top to dull it down. It also takes a million years to dry. This is why I'd never repurchase. This bottle will last me some time though since I don't wear the same shade over and over. Hey maybe it'll even thicken up over time.

on 8/15/2012 2:19:00 AM

I've been wearing a lot of "black but not black" shades lately, and this is a great example of that type of color. I've heard this shade described as an old, well-loved, comfy black t-shirt. The shimmer is almost imperceptible and the actual color is more of a charcoal-navy, softening the look & keeping it out of goth territory. My skintone is medium with yellow undertones, and the touch of blue really flatters it. Minus a lippie because the formula is annoying. It takes 3 medium coats to reach full opacity, and dry time is slow.

Popular Polishes