December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Self Tanners - St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by jkaclark123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used St Moriz for years it's a gem. I always use the lotion, as the mousse I found too drying especially on my face. The only slight problem I have is it does tend to go green in the bottle after a while so you probably need a new bottle every 3 months I'd say, but by this time I've basically finished the bottle anyway. For 3 quid a bottle not much to complain about.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by danibx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this tan! The medium shade is perfect as the first coat applied goes on a lovely colour however it's very easy to build up and darken the colour to exactly how you want it.
I've found the st tropez tan a little orange on my skin in the past so finding this product was heaven! A hell of a lot cheaper, easy to apply, smells lovely and comes out a fantastic colour on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have been using this for 3 years now and I find myself running back to this magic mousse over and over.

I have tried the regular one, the medium mousse and the dark mousse. They are all great, but if you're medium toned before the self tan - buy the dark version. Don't be afraid - you'll look green and weird when you apply it on. This is to helt defeat the orange tones. The trick is to just shower your body and moistruize the morning after (apply it at night for best results - won't stain even white sheets) and this will look amazing. The color will be even and glowy and BROWN - not orange!

Give this a try, it's so cheap it wont hurt the budget if you don't like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this. Much cheaper than the St Tropez - they are identical.
Have it in medium and gives a natural looking glow. Not one bit orange.
Also it is not greasy.
:) took me less than 60 seconds to apply to top half of my body.
Great for a first date ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Solero

St Moriz tanning mousses is great value for money. I have used St Tropez for years but a friend of mine had this St Moriz mousse, so I thought I'd try it. I must admit, I was a little sceptical to begin with as it is so cheap. I think I payed 3 for the mousse & 3 for the mitt but to my surprise it's been a great product.
I'd say it's easier to apply than St Tropez & it never marks your bedsheets either.
Great looking tan that is easy to apply & a great value price too ... What's not to like?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by xrini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This staff just rocks.And in that price?I will buy it again and again for sure!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kpage16

Hold the phone ladies, this is an HG product! I've recently rediscovered the magic of self tanning, which is basically life transforming because I am extremely pale all year round normally. I first fell in love with the St. Tropez products, but as some other really pale girls have reported, even I found the original color was too light! I had also seen online that many people were comparing St. Moritz to a great St. Tropez dupe, at a huge discount. So I bought St. Tropez in dark and tested it against St. Moritz dark and I liked the St. Moritz as much, if not better, than ST! The color was not quite as dark as ST, but I wore one product on each leg and no one could tell, but I did notice ST does have a more greeny/olive undertone which didn't suit my pale yellow undertones as much. So SM it is for me! I am just so thrilled that I can get this for 1/10 of the price and wear it all summer!

This is how I apply/wear it: I apply it at night with a mit (this is really important for mousses/self tanning in general) and make sure to exfoliate beforehand with gloves and a gentle exfoliating scrub or some baking soda added to body wash. Then I only moisturize on elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles/feet and let it sink in for about 5 minutes.

SM dries very very quickly, so I actually do small sections of my body at one time, like upper arms then lower arms, upper back, chest, etc. It dries so fast that working in small areas lets you distribute it evenly. The color guide lets you see where it's been applied so it's a good indicator of where things will be darker/patchy if at all. Although sometimes the color guide will look patchy on me and the color will not be patchy at all.

After I cover my whole body, I air dry for about 5 minutes then get dressed and go on about my evening. I don't know what it is, because I am very fair skinned, but I need to let both St. Tropez and St. Moritz develop waaaaay longer than 4-6 hours. I usually aim for about 10 hours! Maybe I'm not using enough product to make it darker (e.g. I used 4 pumps per leg) but waiting longer gives me better color payoff the next day and it never, ever looks orange or streaky.

Now I just need to decide what to do for face... I will be testing the Clarins golden glow booster serum and the St. Tropez for face lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lot of people compare this to St Tropez. I love St Tropez but this is a little better in my opinion. It is a mousse but it's a really creamy, moisturizing mousse where as ST is just a wet mousse and dries my skin out. I literally use 1/2 the amount of SM than I use with ST because it's so creamy. Like ST, there is absolutely no orange. SM looks like a milk chocolate going on, dries fast, no smell, as easy as ST is to blend, this is even easier. It's so easy to work with, lasts several days just like ST but I I like the color of SM better than ST... and the price is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sexycraftysocal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. I've been looking for a product that would give me that ultra-dark, borderline unnatural tan you see on WAGS or "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding." This product will give you that effect.

I used this in Dark. It goes on with a slightly greenish tone, as another reviewer mentioned, but it washes off. The product doesn't smell bad, and it hasn't given me an asthma attack like Ulta's spray tan, so we're winning thus far.

Make sure you follow the directions and exfoliate and moisturize before using -- i personallly slather my feet in baby oil, and wear old socks for an hour prior to applying. If it gets on your palms, make sure you wash it off right away.

The color this gives me wears evenly, and is really sexy. It's instantly slimming. This is the best product I've used, especially for the money, and I've been self-tanning since 2003 (St. Tropez). I noticed a few reviewers mentioned getting this shipped from the UK -- it is available Stateside at Ulta (at least in CA).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

love this stuff. I have all the same raves as the other reviews: great color pay off, inexpensive, easy to use, dries fast, no smell, etc. no cons, this stuff it's worth the trouble of needing to work quickly (the foam dries FAST. smear it on in long strokes then buff it out in circles) and you MUST absolutely wear a glove or mitt. I did mine with a latex glove and it worked like a charm. if you're into self tanners, you have to get this one. it's fool proof and works great!