September 1, 2014 | 1883 users online

Self Tanners - St. Moriz Self Tanner Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Solero

St Moriz tanning mousses is great value for money. I have used St Tropez for years but a friend of mine had this St Moriz mousse, so I thought I'd try it. I must admit, I was a little sceptical to begin with as it is so cheap. I think I payed 3 for the mousse & 3 for the mitt but to my surprise it's been a great product.
I'd say it's easier to apply than St Tropez & it never marks your bedsheets either.
Great looking tan that is easy to apply & a great value price too ... What's not to like?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by xrini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This staff just rocks.And in that price?I will buy it again and again for sure!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kpage16

Hold the phone ladies, this is an HG product! I've recently rediscovered the magic of self tanning, which is basically life transforming because I am extremely pale all year round normally. I first fell in love with the St. Tropez products, but as some other really pale girls have reported, even I found the original color was too light! I had also seen online that many people were comparing St. Moritz to a great St. Tropez dupe, at a huge discount. So I bought St. Tropez in dark and tested it against St. Moritz dark and I liked the St. Moritz as much, if not better, than ST! The color was not quite as dark as ST, but I wore one product on each leg and no one could tell, but I did notice ST does have a more greeny/olive undertone which didn't suit my pale yellow undertones as much. So SM it is for me! I am just so thrilled that I can get this for 1/10 of the price and wear it all summer!

This is how I apply/wear it: I apply it at night with a mit (this is really important for mousses/self tanning in general) and make sure to exfoliate beforehand with gloves and a gentle exfoliating scrub or some baking soda added to body wash. Then I only moisturize on elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles/feet and let it sink in for about 5 minutes.

SM dries very very quickly, so I actually do small sections of my body at one time, like upper arms then lower arms, upper back, chest, etc. It dries so fast that working in small areas lets you distribute it evenly. The color guide lets you see where it's been applied so it's a good indicator of where things will be darker/patchy if at all. Although sometimes the color guide will look patchy on me and the color will not be patchy at all.

After I cover my whole body, I air dry for about 5 minutes then get dressed and go on about my evening. I don't know what it is, because I am very fair skinned, but I need to let both St. Tropez and St. Moritz develop waaaaay longer than 4-6 hours. I usually aim for about 10 hours! Maybe I'm not using enough product to make it darker (e.g. I used 4 pumps per leg) but waiting longer gives me better color payoff the next day and it never, ever looks orange or streaky.

Now I just need to decide what to do for face... I will be testing the Clarins golden glow booster serum and the St. Tropez for face lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lot of people compare this to St Tropez. I love St Tropez but this is a little better in my opinion. It is a mousse but it's a really creamy, moisturizing mousse where as ST is just a wet mousse and dries my skin out. I literally use 1/2 the amount of SM than I use with ST because it's so creamy. Like ST, there is absolutely no orange. SM looks like a milk chocolate going on, dries fast, no smell, as easy as ST is to blend, this is even easier. It's so easy to work with, lasts several days just like ST but I I like the color of SM better than ST... and the price is fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sexycraftysocal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. I've been looking for a product that would give me that ultra-dark, borderline unnatural tan you see on WAGS or "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding." This product will give you that effect.

I used this in Dark. It goes on with a slightly greenish tone, as another reviewer mentioned, but it washes off. The product doesn't smell bad, and it hasn't given me an asthma attack like Ulta's spray tan, so we're winning thus far.

Make sure you follow the directions and exfoliate and moisturize before using -- i personallly slather my feet in baby oil, and wear old socks for an hour prior to applying. If it gets on your palms, make sure you wash it off right away.

The color this gives me wears evenly, and is really sexy. It's instantly slimming. This is the best product I've used, especially for the money, and I've been self-tanning since 2003 (St. Tropez). I noticed a few reviewers mentioned getting this shipped from the UK -- it is available Stateside at Ulta (at least in CA).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

love this stuff. I have all the same raves as the other reviews: great color pay off, inexpensive, easy to use, dries fast, no smell, etc. no cons, this stuff it's worth the trouble of needing to work quickly (the foam dries FAST. smear it on in long strokes then buff it out in circles) and you MUST absolutely wear a glove or mitt. I did mine with a latex glove and it worked like a charm. if you're into self tanners, you have to get this one. it's fool proof and works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by olee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you read nothing else, BUY THIS! I have tried numerous self tanners this one beats them all by a long shot. I bought the mousse in dark (I want a noticeable tan) and I was super surprised, in a good way! I've tried numerous mousse tanners (including St. Tropez) and none of them provided anywhere near as dark of a tan as St. Moriz. It has a green base but develops into a nice golden tan. The 'guide' color is pretty close in color to the actual tan you will have after it washes off but it looks a little softer and less splotchy. If I ever end up with a splotchy area (peeling sunburn anyone?), I'll just go over it with lightly an exfoliator brush and it takes care of it instantly. The best way to provide an even color is to use the mitt and go lightly with almost no product over the areas prone to weird staining (wrists, fingers, ankles). It didn't stain my sheets either, which was a plus! After the tan develops, it does have that typical 'self-tan' smell but that is more-so from the chemical reaction rather than the product and it doesn't bother me because it goes away after I wash the guide color off. Also, the price is unbeatable!

I really don't have a single negative thing to say about this product. If applied properly, you will have a deep golden tan in no time!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought both the Medium and the Dark, ultimately deciding to go with dark because I wanted more noticeable color. Upon receiving my bottles I found that the dark had leaked slightly - you must be careful with packaging, and keep a towel handy to swipe up any drips that might fall on your floor (needless to say, but avoid applying near carpet and rugs).

Okay anyways, here is my impression.

Pros:
- CHEAP. Payed shipping from UK to the states and still got both bottles and the mitt for under $20 before tax.
- Application was smooth, dried quickly enough that it wasn't inconvenient but stayed wet long enough that I had no trouble blending
- No streaks! I would pump out the foam onto the mitt one pump at a time, pat it out along an area and buff out in circular motions (most tutorials I've found say to apply in long strokes but I'm used to buffing and it turned out okay so whatever)
- Color payoff was really nice. Not too orange, just a nice even brown, somewhat darker than what BareMinerals Faux Tan Body leaves me with after showering.
- Lasted a good 5 days before being noticeably faded color.
- Faded evenly with no patching or flaking (I avoided exfoliating for most of the week).

Cons:
- Sticky. The product must have dried enough to take well to my skin because I had no streaks or lines (as can happen when I sleep in Faux Tan). But it consistently felt sticky like it still wasn't dry. Very disconcerting to me being the first time I'd ever used it, but next time I know not to worry too much :)
- You have to work quickly, the mousse becomes harder to blend the longer it sits. Good or bad depending on your preference I guess.
- Went a little dodgy on my feet and too heavy on my hands, but I always tend to have issues with those areas. Just be careful with the product around your finger webs and knuckles, and ankles. After a couple of showers and light scrubbing it was fine.
- Drippy bottle, watch out.

Overall my experience with this one was nice, I'd definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

Here is my full in-depth review (with application demo, and before and after clips) of the St Moriz DARK Self Tan Mousse.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Mylojack

I like it, I'm very pale so I bought the medium one, I use the mitt to apply, I suppose if you know what you're doing it's easy but it's easy enough for beginners, apply at night, wait til it's dry, sleep with it on and then take a shower in the morning to wash off all the residue. I never used soap on my body when rinsing, I only used soap on my underarms and you know.. I think it looks not bad of you have it on for a few days but depending on how dark you like it you may need to re-apply.