September 17, 2014 | 1866 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Emily988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this liquid eyeliner! It goes on nicely, and the thin brush is amazzzinnggg!! It's such a deep shade of black and looks beautiful on! I don't think I'll ever be buying a different kind of liquid eyeliner! I'm super impressed. Plus it's in a super cute bottle!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by ashleyford

PROS:
1. Only a buck so if you're on a ramen noodle budget like me, score! I get it for $1 from Target, although once in a blue moon I find it at Big Lots or Dollar Tree.
2. It has pretty good staying power as long as you don't accidentally rub it.
3. It comes in multiple colors and the black is a good, pigmented black. Not one of those eyeliners that comes out a weird off black.

CONs:
1. I've only found a few eyeliners not like this, but they do exist, so I'll list that if you rub your eyes later on accident, it will come off. Although for some reason this one gets more "dry" so when it comes off, it comes off in flecks, which I guess is better than streaking really easily. So, in reality, especially for a dollar it can get worse. However the times I find this difficult is doing winged eyeliner. It's so easy to forget you did winged eyeliner and if you rub by your eye it comes right off.
2. The shape of the brush is good for cat eyes for me, but depending on how you'd like your eyeliner to look, it can be wonky. I find it better for thick eyeliner than thin, but that's my personal opinion.

For a freakin' dollar, I cannot complain with this. It's my go-to eyeliner when I'm trying to save money, like now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive eyes and had no problem with this. Incredibly thin bristle brush which is great. It's much better then foam tip liners which are difficult to get a thin line and create a wing.

I have some beef with it. It contains parabens. The brush rubs off some of the line off when applying it over the same spot. Curling my lashes transfers the liner to the curler.

Oily lids won't do well with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupri

Love elf but this product barely worked for me :( really upsetting, wanted to love this for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cacti

This is my favorite eyeliner and it's only $1 at Target! The brush is so much better than any other I've ever tried. The actual formulation isn't amazing per se, but it's definitely great for only $1. It doesn't always look super smooth like some more expensive liners. But what I love is that if you mess up or get it on your cheek or something, just wait a few seconds and you can rub it right off. But somehow if I rub my eyes during the day, it doesn't budge! I definitely recommend this for everyday use, just maybe not for special occasions.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by mwjo09

This didn't work for me at all. I found it difficult to get enough of the product on. Maybe I was unlucky and got a liner where the lid wasn't put on properly or something, cause it felt a little dry. I would rather spend more money on a higher quality liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a pretty good eyeliner for $1! It works better than my maybelline one I got for 10 times that price. It takes a bit of time to dry though, and it goes on a bit watery. But you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sharonl501

I am in love with this product. It has a very good brush that applies easily and the formula isn't too runny. The only downside it has is that it does not last very long, but other than that, it is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first when I got this, I really hated it, but after working with it, it's now one of my favorites. Sometimes I have days where I'm short on time, & on days like that, I'll just do a simple winged liner, some mascara, & I'm out the door. The thing is, you can't do that with this liner, it doesn't work on bare skin. On bare skin, it doesn't seem to adhere properly, is watery, streaky, & not pigmented at all, & looks shiny and is that weird, peely formula. And when you try to go over it to either darken it or if you're like me & do your liner in several small strokes rather than one large one, it'll basically take off the previous layer & almost pull at your skin. But, then I discovered that so long as you don't use it on bare skin it's great-overtop of eyeshadow it's fantastic. It goes on smooth, is dark & pigmented, & doesn't do that thing where it takes off the previous layer if you go over it. Lasts all day & doesn't 'crack' like some liquid liners can. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's waterproof, but it's somewhat water resistant, which is perfect for the summertime when you sweat. I also love that the applicator is a brush & not a felt tip, you just get more control & ease of application. I just keep a different liner for days I don't wear eyeshadow, but since most days I do, I use this liner nearly every day. If you've previously tried this & disliked it for any reasons similar to the ones I described above, & it was applied on bare skin, I suggest definitely giving it another try over eyeshadow & seeing what you think-for the price, why not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by JeBeautyAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH MY GOSH! i got this - it's too much! every single time - it gets into my eyeball - literally! - damage n irrates n bad! :O - i dunno - should i toss it out or just leave around! :O - oh my god! - the worse! :( -