August 30, 2014 | 968 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Redness Soothing Facial Wash gel

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by virginblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser basically does the job, but I wouldn't buy it again. It doesn't reduce any redness as far as I can tell. It makes my dry and peel some and I have really oily skin. I'm usually a big fan of Neutrogena products, but this cleanser is just meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I actually use this wash with those exfoliating gloves since my skin has been flakey and had comedones. It works super well and I'm sure the salicylic acid will eventually fade my acne marks. Definitely use the Redness Soothing wash and NOT the Grapefruit!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by OliveGreenSpring

This product literally made my face hurt. I developed a rash after one use. I bought it because I usually have very good results from neutrogena products, but this redness reducing facewash made my face wash more red than it's ever been.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product removes makeup SO easily. It contains the cleansing agent Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate which is VERY drying and potentially irritating for most skin types. I happen to love it though, it's very deep cleansing and keeps my pores clearer than any other face wash I've tried. I have oily-acne prone skin BTW.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by riaorion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What drew me to this product: the fact that it says redness relief, and is oil-free. I have light/very fair skin, that is sensitive, moreso dry but I do have an oily-ish T-zone.

The use:
This may not be very important, but I've never had a problem operating the turn-pump action (I have a couple times with other products) and I do appreciate that. The gel is a light, translucent green, and smells nice. It appears just like an aloe vera gel, and smells very muchso like one. It foams quite easily and cleans my face very well. I have no problem using just this to remove any BB creams or makeup on my face. My face, after using, is very refreshed, with a cooling sensation. The best part is that I don't feel dried out, or irritated. This foaming cleanser not only has a little acne-fighting power, but redness relief, that leaves my face fresh and clean. It's that type of clean that's not ... soap squeaky clean; it's that rare cooled-off and soft clean.

The pros:
It has some salcylic acid (<3%)in it to aid acne.
The aloe vera relieves redness and irritation quite well for me.
Oil-free, which means I know I'm not clogging my face.
My face feels soft and cooled after using.

The cons:
None that I can think of.

Overall: I use this product daily, and I really like it. I would be VERY sad if they stopped making it, but hopefully not. I put all my trust in a cleanser in this product for my sensitive face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Imablondemoment

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this since i am now a freshman in high school wanting to get rid of my moderate acne with a break out here and there. I really like this face wash it gets rid of my redness and most of my acne. It doesn't break me out like most face washes, however i was scared to try this because the original one (orange one) cleared my skin for a week then broke me out. So i tried this one it keeps my skin clear, but i will get a pimple here and there, but since I'm a teen i figure its do to the hormones. Overall this product is very good, but your face feels a little tight after wards. I love the smell of this. I've tried many different things and i ALWAYS come back to this, because it does the job so I can't complain.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by karaduquette

Basically anything with salycylic is just a no, at least for me and everyone I know. As soon as me and my family/friends started washing our faces we resorted to salicylic acid and our breakouts just got so, so much worse. so i stopped using it, as soon as i stopped the breakouts started to fade away it was crazy so just use a regular cleanser with no acne treatments and its much more healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mayvalentine100

Product works fine, does what it says it does for me. Keeps my acne under control but doesn't do anything special like soften skin, etc. And when I use it, it really does keep my skin from turning red which is cool when I need to leave the house really fast and don't have time to scrub. I would buy it again, only because I know I can trust it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by arw155

I've been using this product for about two weeks now. So far I've not had any break outs and really feel this product helped stop that. Whenever school started back in august I was having terrible breakouts! They stopped showing up on my forehead after a while but I still had some on my cheeks and sometimes on my neck. Luckily when I bought this product it helped control them. My skin gets very red and irritated but again I feel the chamomile and aloe are the obvious reasons why this is no longer a problem. This product is also great for oily skin because it doesn't over dry your skin but also doesn't make it feel like someone poured oil on you face. I will be repurchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ariraven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Worst face wash I have ever used broke me out like crazy. It also containd menthol, which if i had read the ingredients better I would have known. Menthol tears my skin up every time.

Active Ingredients:
Salicylic Acid 2%

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Menthyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Betaine, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Benzalkonium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Yellow 5, Blue 1,