July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Nearly There

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by artemis9109

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw that this was listed as a great nude lipstick for African American women so I decided to give it a go. Sooo glad I did. It looks great with my skin and is a perfect nude (I'm Golden Tan in BE & NC42 for ref). My husband actually told me this is his fave lipstick on me. Who'd have guessed. lol I will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by amwatson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty color. Could do without the frosty factor.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: shimmery beige nude

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- drying
- frosty

Comments: Nice color, but it does have a lot of shimmer in it. The finish is too frosty for my liking.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say, i am super impressed with this color. I have quite a few of the Color Sensational Lipsticks in a verity of finishes and colors. I really love On the Mauve and that was my "go to" lip color for over a year. I got this a week ago and it has blown that and everything else out of the water.
The finish it so beautiful and the color is a PERFECT nude. Not too orange, not too beige, not to peach, not to pink...etc. it also wears off so evenly and leaves almost a glow on the lips after the color is gone. (But in the best possible way.)
i already bought a back up.
I highly recommend giving this a try. Especially now when everyone is so overwhelmed and overloaded with lip butters and sheer lip gloss sticks. This is a wonderful everyday staple to have.
*NOTE* This color is extremely similar to Rimmel Airy Fairy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This color has a plumping, kiss me look on top of mauvy, plummy, pink-brown lipsticks as well as matte burgundies. I think women of olive skin or darker will really enjoy this. This fantastic cheapie lipstick is a great sort of layering piece for me as well. I have enjoyed playing this color up and down with lipliners from *nude* to brick reds on its own- always over a lip primer or- a foundation you no longer like, etc. Just wanted to give this some love since I do so often dab some of this on top of my dark matte colors to make my lips look bigger - and less harsh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't care for this color on it's own at all, but I think it has to do with my natural lip color, which is beigish grey. The only thing that shows up is the frost. I tried layering it over MAC's Dervish lip pencil and the combination was beautiful. I rated it 2, because I don't care for the way it looks on my lips on it's own and I think it's a bit too frosty.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this lipstick when I was just starting out with lipstick. I guess there must have been something wrong with my product, because it had a really unpleasant scent. That next month I bought a different neutral color from the same line, but it didn't have the same burning-rubber smell. Oh well. Other than the sent and texture (hard to get on, but that was probably just my product), I totally love the color!!! It is something I can wear to anyplace everyday and it's excellent for my skin tone! The color is a nude-bronzey color, so I do recommend it if you are new to lipsticks and looking with something with a not-so dramatic change.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by itskattack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a total whim because I was in serious need of a nude lip color, something slightly more that my natural lips, but not super colorful. I bought my first one more than a year ago and to this day it is my most reached for lipstick.

I have yet to meet a color that I don't like, and that doesn't work for me. I have a color in almost every shade and I am surprisingly impressed.

MAC lipsticks really dry me out, which is a total bummer, but these Color Sensation Lipsticks are awesome, and I swear some of them are better quality than MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I wasn't too sure about this color when I first got it, (my mom picked it out for me). But, when I got home & put it on I actually liked it. This color actually looks better on, than in the bottle. It has some shimmer to it, but not over the top to where it's overdone (which is perfect). This almost matches my natural lips, this color is a little bit darker though. Gives a nice shine & is very moisturizing. Doesn't accentuate on dry lips, which is a plus. Lasting power is average, usually I have to reapply every 1-2 hours. Overall, this is a great quality lipstick & a very pretty color. I guess my mom is right...sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Milenka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Didn't think I'd use this as much as I do, but I do use it and I do like it - lots. And I've nutted out why - because it's so close to my natural lip colour, the shimmer (and it's not full-on if you don't overdo it) gives the illusion of larger lips. Which is great for me because I've no time for lip gloss. Got this on eBay for a song - I refuse to pay stupid markups just because I'm Australian.