October 22, 2014 | 2021 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - HiP Metallic Duo - Electrified

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This duo looks like something out of Urban Decay Vice 2- a shimmery silver shade paired with a deep plum shade. I find it hard to find a purple eyeshadow that is as pigmented as it is in the package and was expecting another dud, but this is wonderfully pigmented. The silver pops really nicely- it looks great with a tan but also works well for a holiday look or for going to a party. I was inspired to buy this after seeing all of the glam looks that use silver eyeshadow, and this is perfect without it being too out there or being only for special occassion use. I usually hate L'Oreal E/S because they are never pigmented, but this could easily dupe for Urban Decay.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by linwild

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an interesting set of colors. I wasn't into it at first because the lighter color is super shiny metallic, and the darker color is really quite dark. I generally prefer warmer purples and plums. But this combination has grown on me. It gives a dramatic silvery-purple effect that will take some practice to keep from overdoing (the lighter color is super, super metallic), but serves well for really played-up eyes. The darker color can double up as an eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Love this combination of the taupe & dark plum ? shade,reminds of MAC's Sketch/Satin Taupe.You can create many looks with this pair.The shadow(s) are very pigmented.I've only tried this without eye primer,maybe more gorgeous with primer,definitely will try that also =)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by dcaf_01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The light metallic shimmery taupe color makes my eyes itch like crazy every single time I use it. The matte plum color is nice enough. I will definitely not repurchase due to my personal allergy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Out of all my NARS, MAC, Chanel, Bobbi brown, UD and Trisha McEvoy eyeshadows THIS is the one that my boyfriend loves on me. This is one of the only eyeshadows he's ever complimented me on. That probably doesn't mean much to some, but my SO despises that I wear makeup Everday so it's crazy to me that he loves this e/s on my brown eyes. I actually owned this a few years ago, but purged it because I thought the taupe/silvery shade was too frosty. I purged it, but decided to give it another try and bought it on sale for $7.99 at Walgreens. It is worth every penny for the taupe shade alone. It's Metallic-y but not overly so and it is everything that I wanted MAC wonderwinked to be. It looks Great alone but I love it with some MAC sketch in the outer v and crease and lots of black liner and lashes, it's great for day time and easy to play up for going out. I don't mess with the dark purple color much because I don't think the pigmentation is great, but the taupe color is perfection. I've been such a HE/ME makeup snob for so long that I have neglected DS gems like these. The quality of this e/s is better than most of the eyeshadows I own. Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I can't believe I waited so long to try this.

I always stalk L'Oreal's HIP shadows when I'm doing some Target shopping, and though I love the Crystal ones, they are just to shiny for day-to-day workwear. However, I ran out of my beloved L'Oreal Bronze Star duo and needed something new to try - so I picked this up.

I love the silvery taupe color - thankfully it's not too silver - instead it's a lovely neutral with some clout, which I love. The purple shade is a lovely brownish purple with some shimmer - looks great on its own or layered over dark brown liner.

The quality of this shadow line is amazing - easily the best bang for your buck when it comes to drugstore shadows. They have a elastic quality when applied - soft, velvety, and no drag on the eyelid. The pigment is amazing.

I always use primer with all my shadows, but I don't notice these transferring, fading, or anything else.

For my heavily green-toned hazel eyes, this is a great look. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by gerbothree

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

L'Oreal hits a home run.

Mid range price, lame but adequate packaging.

But inside, wow!

Pigment rich light silvery beige and shimmery plum. Beautiful!

Other than price and packaging, can't tell the difference in quality between this and their Lancome eye shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

This is the prettiest, most flattering eyeshadow duo ever. As a fair (NC20-25) Asian, I thought I'd give it a try since it looked so damned good on Jen (frmheadtotoe) in one of her tutorials. I of course thought I'd totally mess it up on myself, but it's just great! I don't really go through all the blending and drama that she does, but I do love the look I get, even when I keep it really simple. I use the NYX Vanilla Sky like Jen for the browbone highlighter. If I was limited to only one eyeshadow product for some reason for the rest of my life, I would pick this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

This is my first HIP duo. I have ignored this line in the drugstore for years because I was sure it was just a waste of money. This is around $8 and beats many brands in quality. The shimmer shades from HIP seem to be the best. The left side is an icy taupe, almost champagne, and it has no grey, brown, or purple tones. The right side is a satin finish purple. Just enough purple pigment, but dark enough for the crease or as a liner. They're both soft and buttery smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this eyeshadow duo. I first learned about this duo last fall through a youtuber, and I loved it so much on her I felt I needed it :). It's stunning and very pigmented. I feel that the texture is comparable to Urban Decay, it's very buttery, very shimmery, very beautiful! Great for a light smokey eye look. The eyeshadow is extremely easy to blend, and the silvery taupe shadow goes perfect with the dark purple eyeshadow!