November 20, 2014 | 1957 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely swear by Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. It does wonders for my eye makeup, so I was excited to find out that they had the same type of product for all over the face. I really really wanted to love this product, but unfortunately it did nothing but bad things to my face :( I specifically told the girl working at the Urban Decay counter at Macy's that I have extremely oily skin. She recommended this product as it would help keep me matte throughout the day and minimize the look of my pores. This product did neither. If anything, it made me more oily.The main reason I had to return this product was that it broke me out in places where I normally wouldn't break out. One thing I can say though is that it helped apply my makeup evenly and smoothly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a primer junkie. I adore UD eye primers so I gave this one a try. Did not work well for me at all. I ended up with midday shine in the t-zone with mild makeup melt down. It also caused breakouts on my cheeks.

The pros: loved the texture, good slip and applied easily to face.

Wanted to love it, just didn't pan out for summer use. If it didn't break me out I'd try it again in the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Steph1715

I never used primer being that I use minimal makeup and never really saw the need. My face has always been annoyingly oily, but recently I noticed my face was getting ridiculously oily, especially because the weather has been really hot. After putting on makeup (and even when not wearing makeup) within the hour my face would already be extremely oily and greasy looking. I have suffered from mild acne since high school and have a few scars and large pores on my cheeks under my eyes. So I was not liking how my face was looking due to the oiliness which was causing my pores and scares to be very visible. So I started looking up products to help with large pores/oiliness. I found that witch hazel is good for my concerns. I also started using a different cleanser and moisturizer. And then I came upon some reviews for Benefit Porefessional primer. I immediately decided I wanted to try it and went to Ulta to check it out. Long story short I left with a sample of Urban Decay pore perfecting primer. I left the store regretting not asking for a sample of Benefit Porefessional. None the less I tried the Urban Decay sample and immediately noticed how smooth it felt on my skin. It also instantly gave me a matte look and improved my complexion. I put my mineral powder foundation on and went about my day. I noticed my face did not get oily for a very long time and even when it did start to it was very minimal and didn't look bad, more like a glow. I was happy with it. But I had convinced myself from seeing reviews that Benefit Porefessional was going to be a life changer (for my face). So I went to Sephora and got a sample, tried it and to my disappointment did not like it at all. It flaked when smoothed onto my skin and did not help control oil at all. I went back to using the Urban Decay primer sample and after a week decided I really love this product! When I ran out I had no question I wanted to go buy the full size. I love it. I don't know why it doesn't have a lot of good reviews, but for me it's a must now in my makeup routine or even when not wearing makeup. I love how it smooths out my complexion, controls oil (my biggest concern) and gives me a matte look. It doesn't completely reduce the visibility of my pores (but hey what does) but it gives my face such a smooth look that they are not really noticeable. I just love this product and so glad I accidentally discovered it. :) (side note - I never write reviews for ANYTHING so being that I took the time to write one for this shows how much I love this product. lol)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ShakiraShakira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Urban Decay products and was really hoping that this primer would work for me. Sadly it didn't. The primer was absolutely useless at keeping my make up on, I got shiny very quickly after applying it and it also gave my brown skin a weird white/peach pasty tinge which made me look washed out and strange. The texture of the primer is weird, like toothpaste and it doesn't blend in easily. The only good thing about this product is the packaging. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in my T Zone to combat oil, its perfect. It does leave a bit of a white cast when you first put it on, but its hardly noticeable. Holds my makeup all day, erases my pores, and does a great job of keeping oil at bay.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by batchelo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not see any noticeable difference in the staying power of my foundation after using this. If anything, the foundation rubbed off more quickly on my T zone. It smells nice and goes on easily though. Most importantly, the skin under my eyes and along my cheekbones felt like fine grit sandpaper after I put it on, and they're still clearing up two days later. It didn 't burn or itch, it just changed the texture of my skin from smooth to sand paper. I am returning this; I believe I am allergic to something in the makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really don't know what to think of this.

Like a previous reviewer, I bought this thinking it was going to be like reviews and pictures have told me - but it's not. It's almost identical to the Porefessional I bought from Benefit - just a peachy coloured silicone primer!

I don't hate it, but I'm really annoyed to be honest. I used a gift voucher to buy this and it does nothing for my pores. I'm not even sure it makes my make up stay on any better than without.

It's just....meh. Not worth the £20-odd I spent on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by AAtcha

Gave my flawless face spots little tiny ones everywhere #flawless no more

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I have a couple samples of this. I am really not sure what to make of it. It does have the consistency of Elmer's Glue & gives my face a whitish cast. However, my foundation does go on really smoothly with a beauty blender, so go figure. The whiteness it adds to my face really throws me off though. As an earlier reviewer stated; applying this after you give your skincare routine a few minutes to soak in, is a must. Bonus tip: I always keep a sprayer full of distilled water handy, so if I have issues with any moisturizers or primers...not blending, balling up, & etc., I just spritz the water & the extra moisture fixes it. This is also a great trick for using less moisturizer/skin oils. Ladies; a spray bottle is only $1 @ WalMart, & distilled water is @ most $1 a gallon. Hey, you can even use Evian if you're feeling fancy, but really?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by AutumnGMurray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never used a primer before but I LOVE Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, so when I went hunting for a primer, naturally I gravitated to this. I have large pores on my nose, and my foundation always seems to get super shiny and oily on my nose, so this seemed like the perfect product. Boy, was I wrong! I have combination skin, and really only get oily on my t-zone, but this made my whole face disgustingly oily. The texture of this primer is soft and light and goes on smoothly. But I noticed as soon as I put it on, my face felt too soft. Later that day, I rubbed my hand against my cheek, and all my foundation and blush came off with it. I went to the bathroom to check my face, and I looked like I had ran a marathon! Even my eyeshadow was fading and looked oily. I ended up taking a tissue and wiping off my eyeshadow and foundation because I look so gross. And this wasn't during the summer, it was in fact this winter and I hadn't broke a sweat all day. I gave this another chance the next day, and still the same awful results. This stuff is a waste of money, I'll just do without!