July 25, 2014 | 1275 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ShakiraShakira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Urban Decay products and was really hoping that this primer would work for me. Sadly it didn't. The primer was absolutely useless at keeping my make up on, I got shiny very quickly after applying it and it also gave my brown skin a weird white/peach pasty tinge which made me look washed out and strange. The texture of the primer is weird, like toothpaste and it doesn't blend in easily. The only good thing about this product is the packaging. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in my T Zone to combat oil, its perfect. It does leave a bit of a white cast when you first put it on, but its hardly noticeable. Holds my makeup all day, erases my pores, and does a great job of keeping oil at bay.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by batchelo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not see any noticeable difference in the staying power of my foundation after using this. If anything, the foundation rubbed off more quickly on my T zone. It smells nice and goes on easily though. Most importantly, the skin under my eyes and along my cheekbones felt like fine grit sandpaper after I put it on, and they're still clearing up two days later. It didn 't burn or itch, it just changed the texture of my skin from smooth to sand paper. I am returning this; I believe I am allergic to something in the makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really don't know what to think of this.

Like a previous reviewer, I bought this thinking it was going to be like reviews and pictures have told me - but it's not. It's almost identical to the Porefessional I bought from Benefit - just a peachy coloured silicone primer!

I don't hate it, but I'm really annoyed to be honest. I used a gift voucher to buy this and it does nothing for my pores. I'm not even sure it makes my make up stay on any better than without.

It's just....meh. Not worth the £20-odd I spent on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by AAtcha

Gave my flawless face spots little tiny ones everywhere #flawless no more

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I have a couple samples of this. I am really not sure what to make of it. It does have the consistency of Elmer's Glue & gives my face a whitish cast. However, my foundation does go on really smoothly with a beauty blender, so go figure. The whiteness it adds to my face really throws me off though. As an earlier reviewer stated; applying this after you give your skincare routine a few minutes to soak in, is a must. Bonus tip: I always keep a sprayer full of distilled water handy, so if I have issues with any moisturizers or primers...not blending, balling up, & etc., I just spritz the water & the extra moisture fixes it. This is also a great trick for using less moisturizer/skin oils. Ladies; a spray bottle is only $1 @ WalMart, & distilled water is @ most $1 a gallon. Hey, you can even use Evian if you're feeling fancy, but really?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by AutumnGMurray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never used a primer before but I LOVE Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, so when I went hunting for a primer, naturally I gravitated to this. I have large pores on my nose, and my foundation always seems to get super shiny and oily on my nose, so this seemed like the perfect product. Boy, was I wrong! I have combination skin, and really only get oily on my t-zone, but this made my whole face disgustingly oily. The texture of this primer is soft and light and goes on smoothly. But I noticed as soon as I put it on, my face felt too soft. Later that day, I rubbed my hand against my cheek, and all my foundation and blush came off with it. I went to the bathroom to check my face, and I looked like I had ran a marathon! Even my eyeshadow was fading and looked oily. I ended up taking a tissue and wiping off my eyeshadow and foundation because I look so gross. And this wasn't during the summer, it was in fact this winter and I hadn't broke a sweat all day. I gave this another chance the next day, and still the same awful results. This stuff is a waste of money, I'll just do without!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Moynehan

I had a free sample of this in a tiny foil pack from the US and loved it - it made my nose less shiny & my pores less noticeable. So I thought a full size tube from Debenhams in the UK. Can it be a different product? Have they changed the formulation? The sample was white and had a dryish texture, the tube is more skin coloured and slipperier - and more importantly really does very little for me. I've given up and switched to the Clnique version.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by kkbabygirl89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer at Macy's along with a few other UD products. I really like primers and I feel like they do make a difference in how makeup looks and feels. The first time I used the primer at home, I was turned off by the texture. It is super thick, and reminded me of Elmers glue, except a peachy color. I still applied it to my face, and rubbed it in well, especially on my cheeks where my pores are a little more noticeable. I always let primer sit for about five minutes before applying foundation. The foundation did seem to go on very nice and smooth over the primer. About four hours after applying my makeup, I felt oily and shiny. The weird thing was, that it made my skin look oily, shiny, yet dry at the same time. My skin looks like it was flaking on my cheeks, the same exact spot where I made sure to rub the primer in especially well. My foundation looked like it had almost melted off of my face. Primer is supposed to help foundation go on smoother, and last longer, and I can tell you that it does not make it last longer. The product does not smell bad, and it did not make me break out. I really love UD products so I was sad that this one did not work out for me. I have read mixed reviews on this product, so I guess it is really just a matter of preference. I returned this product and would definitely not repurchase or recommend it to anyone. You can get better primers for cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by shellXbelle7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In terms of cosmetics, primer has to be one of my absolute favourite steps in creating a nice, long-lasting makeup look. I've tried both drugstore and high-end primers, and through my primer journey I came across Urban Decay Pore Perfecting primer. I must say, Urban Decay is one of my absolute favourite makeup brands, they have such amazing products, but this primer is not one of them.
I have combination skin that is acne-prone, but I hardly have issues with primer, so I wasn't afraid to try this. I have large pores on my cheek area, and the pore perfecting part of the primer really drew me in. It goes on smoothly with a semi-matte finish, and it doesn't feel too heavy, or too caky on the skin. However, it doesn't do anything in terms of making pores appear smaller, or filling them in with additives, which is the most disappointing part of the product considering that is what it claims to do.
Also, I don't think this primer does anything in terms of helping your foundation stay in place, which is also another function of primer. It doesn't help prevent my natural oils from coming through and breaking down my foundation, and a $31 a pop, I feel this is just a mediocre high-end primer.
Once pro of this foundation is the packaging, it's in a squeeze tube (much like a toothpaste), which makes it much, much easier to get all of the product out. However, this is not a product that I will purchase again.