April 16, 2014 | 1532 users online

Self Tanners - Clinique - Quick Bronze self-tanner self-sun body

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by bini85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this. It absorbed way too fast, before I even had time to spread it around. The face version of this is much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Vex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying several other brands I felt I needed to change my review on this! At first I wasn't too keen as this product is VERY sticky feeling and takes a long time to dry and it has a very strong metallic smell to it. HOWEVER if you can deal with that I think the staying power of this product is amazing. You don't have to reapply it for ages and when you apply it, its non streaky and easy to use and wont stain hands. I rate it better than St Tropez sans the smell/texture! ALSO I am very fair and find even the deep version is natural on my skin. :0)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the tinted mousse version of this too. I was really nervous about using it as fake tans often go very wrong on my skin! I exfoliated well and applied the mousse. I found it easy to apply and the tint showed up well. It dried quite quickly. I only used it on my upper body. I was delighted with the results. I'm quite pale so it was nice and subtle. would definitely use it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After using Estee Lauder's self-tanner for a few years, I got talked into buying this one instead when my EL ran out. I'm grateful, because this is the product that made me realize....I just don't have time for self-tanner!!! It takes too long. I waited twice as long as suggested on the package, and I was still sticky. Sorry, but I don't have time to stand around naked for an hour!

I threw this out (which I rarely do after spending $25 on something) and have since switched to one of those gradual-tan body lotions...way easier....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been a fan of fake tans for a very long time and this one is one of the better ones.
I bought it in medium-dark, since light-medium often is VERY fair.
Its tinted so you see where you have applied. The consistency is perfect, easy to get even. But i really would say this color is for pro only, not amateurs, since the result is a really dark color (for me, i love it)
A perfect goldenbrown shade that looks very natural.
One more thing thats so lovely about it (that is rare) is thats oil free and non acnegenic, how many self tanners has that? Not only that it dries pretty quickly as well.
The only thing i dont like is thats shimmer in it, WHO wants that?

it looses one point cause of the shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by aprilshowers1205

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had already bought this when I read the reviews. Needless to say, I was apprehensive......ready to take it back. But, I tried it anyway, and was pleasantly suprised. It wasn't nasty smelling until I woke up, but I've become used to that smell. The color was even, no streaking or patchy spots and was a believable color. It was relatively easy to apply (I use gloves) and when mixed with a bit of moisturizer, was able to get my hands without all the orangy stuff. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. I would repurchse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by annos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the tinted mousse version of this. It's a slightly tinted creamy mousse that glides over skin easily. I like the fact that it's tinted so that you can see where you apply it. You also get an instant bronzing effect (no shimmer). Some self-tanners I've tried have been quite sticky but this one dries quickly.

It has the same nasty smell as all other self-tanners I've tried and it's quite difficult to get rid of. A few hours after applying I develop a very light but even and natural looking tan. I am very light skinned so I don't know how much effect someone with a darker skin tone would get from this. The reason I give this such a low score, despite the natural looking effect, is the fact that although you wash your hands instantly after applying this you get orange palms. I've tried just about everything including really scrubbing my hands after applying . There are a lot of other self tanners I've tried that gives just as good results without the nasty hand tan.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by hseastarr03

This review is about CLINIQUE SELF SUN BODY BRONZE GEL,

I was excited to try this product, being a good brand but after more then one use, it all washes off! After the first use, it leaves a very satisfying glowing bronzed look, however I have pale skin, So I wanted an actual tan, I used this product the next day, even waited another day another time, and then after I showered it washed off! I defintely waited TWENTY FOUR hours, until I showered, so I have followed all the rules. I am not sure if I am one of the few that has this problem, but This is not the best tanner out there for me. I also think it's a little too orangey after a few uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by wilsonj3

*I usually put this on 15 min before my mineral makeup, and I find it gives me a nice healthy glow.
*I apply all over my face and neck.
*It is not extremely dark.
*It is a nice consistency and smoothes out well.
*Is rather pricey, but seems to last well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by mixed_chick

I have tried other self-tanners (Aveeno, Olay, Fusion, Jergens), and I found this to be one of the worst. I think it's probably because it does have a bronzer, which is nice when applying, but definitely not so nice when it stains clothing or sheets, even though u've allowed it to dry before putting them on. I must say the colour was decent, but the smell was kinda bad.