October 25, 2014 | 1529 users online

Hair Treatments - Avon - Advance Techniques Smooth and Shine Anti-Frizz Capsules

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have semi frizzy hair and I use a lot of products like this to control the frizz. I find that many of the products out there are too heavy for my hair, as I have naturally oily hair. With these caps I find that it adds the moisture to the ends, leaves my hair soft and smooth and doesn't add the unwanted oils. I find the little caps wasteful though, since I don't need much, just enough for the ends and mid sections of my hair, because they are in caps you aren't able to reseal them, or just use as much as you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by puggy1234

I have fine, curly/frizzy hair. These capsules are the only I have tried that works. (I have even used Redken, Joico, and other salon lines). Like other posters have said it helps refine hair, but does not weigh it down. My hair looks SO much better when I use this. I will buy this for as long as Avon makes this.
I don't mind the capsules, although I understand other posters wanting it in a pump. I travel quite a bit, so find these EXCELLENT in that it is a small enough container that I can trow it in my suit case and not worry about spills.
As with all AVon products, if you can wait for a sale you can get this
product for a bargain! For the price, I think it is definately worth a try!
Another Avon product that works well with this product is the shine spray. I'm also a big consumer of that product as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I use these when my hair ends are looking dry or I have straightened my hair. This is a silky serum that smooths right in. It has a pleasant scent and I actually find myself sniffing my hair after using this. The only downside is the packaging. The little capsules I thought would be convenient. They are defintely not. They are a pain to open. I usually use a pair of small scissors so I get a straight cut and do not have to work so hard to open it and the serum be all over the place. I should know - that is how I opened the capsules the first few times. I am not sure why there was a previous reviewer saying she had to use two or three of these for her short hair. I have long hair and only need half of the capsule for my hair. I actually have noticed that if I use more then half a capsule that my hair is left greasy. I have found the best thing is to keep a tiny plastic container in my bathroom. After I use half the capsule I put it in the tub and leave it for the next time. It would be great for them to make this in a pump. Nonetheless this is still a great product and I will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff on my fine hair! And I have a feeling it would be great on ANY type of hair. I have a difficult time finding anti-frizz products that don't weigh down my hair and make it look greasy. This stuff is fabulous. I only have to use one capsule for my below shoulder-length, very fine hair. I use it right out of the shower after towel-drying my hair. Not only does this product take care of dryness and frizz, I've noticed on my hair it actually adds some volume too! My only complaint is I wish it came in a pump bottle instead of little capsules. You only get 18 capsules per container. I buy it on sale (it's on sale a lot), and pay $2.99 per container of 18.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by valeriana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

As compared with L' Oreal Elseve Anti-Frizz Serum and Zero Frizz Corrective Serum, this worked best for me. All three gave almost same results when used for straightening with a flat iron - glossy, shiny, straight hair. The difference is, with Avon you get a more natural and smoother effect. I get the most compliments with this one. Even more importantly, this has been the only one who could keep my hair straight even through extreme heat and humidity (I live in a tropical country). Truly amazing!

Now for it's big downfall. It comes in capsule form. The capsules are really small and opening them (twist off end) usually ends up in a bit of a mess. If you're not careful, you could easily end up with more of the stuff on your dresser/vanity than on your hair. A jar (with 18 capsules) can be bought for $5-7 on eBay. Seems cheap at first but actually, it can add up pretty quickly. Even with short, jaw-length hair, I have to use 2-3 capsules everytime. If you use it everyday, you'd have to buy a lot/often.

So I've decided not to buy this again. There's so many products out there, I'm sure there's one just as good or better than this one that comes in better packaging and at a better price/value. Still, if Avon ever thinks of putting this in a bottle, I'd be the first one falling in line to buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by olivia208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i put 1 of these in my curly hair after it dried and it made my curls really frizz-free and shiny and then i straightened my hair it was still a lil shiny but not much so i put a few more of the capsules in actually it took 3 but it did make my hair soft,shiny and frizz free but its nothing that any other shine serum hasnt done for me , so i might repurchase and also like the reviewer below me it is quite impractical for avon to put 18 capsules especially when i just got mine yesterday and ive already used 4 so at this rate i'll have to repurcase at the end of the week so while its not initially expensive when u add it all up i think its a better deal to go buy a bottle of frizz-serum IMO !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

These are the most perfect frizz-busting things I've ever used. However, WHY are there 18 in a jar? If I'm using it daily (or up to 2 daily, as the label says), I need AT LEAST 30 for the month. For the love of god, put enough in for the entire month! Oh, wait, I know why. This way, we have to buy at least 2 at time. Gee, thanks Avon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by mel2

Best serum I've used. Only use one capsule on wet hair as my hair is fine, and have noticed my hair is rly shiny after it's been straightened and hasn't made my hair greasy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mermaidsmiled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these capsules! My hair is naturally wavy and frizzy. Other anti-frizz serums do work for me as long as the weather is cold and dry, and I've blown my hair dry. But when it's humid, no product works for me except this. I use one capsule when I'm using these in the winter, and then I blow-dry. In the summer, I use two before blow-drying. The capsules are a bit awkward when your hands are wet, but I can deal with it. I like the scent, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cvergara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Never thought I would like an Avon product but this stuff does a really good job. Used it today and my hair looks very smooth, not frizzy at all and feels soft. I have wavy colored hair that is really hard to blow dry and control. It is just as good as L'Oreal Anti-Frizz serum that is my standard.