October 21, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Ocean Potion - Xtreme Tanning Xcelerator Spray Gel with Instant Bronzer

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First things first, I am in no way interested in tanning. I'm ridiculously pale and I have no interest in trying to change that. So I can't really speak to whether or not this product helps you tan more easily. What I can say is that this is a fantastic light summer time moisturizer. I like the spray bottle packaging and the fact that aloe is the second ingredient. When I use this after my shower my skin just drinks it up. It is not a fine mist of a spray, so you do need to either spray it into your hands and apply that way or just rub it into your skin if you spray it directly on. The typical Ocean Potion 'creamsicle on steriods' scent is there, but it fades much more quickly than any other Ocean Potion product I've used. Ten minutes later and I can barely smell it any more.
The gel itself is a kind of unappealing muddy brown color when you spray it on, but when I rub it in I don't notice any color deposit despite the label's claims of instant bronzing. And if I can't see anything on my lily-white legs, chances are no one else will either. But I didn't buy it for a bronzer, so that is more than okay with me. It's a fantastic summer weight skin hydrator that sinks in immeadiately, leaves no sticky or greasy residue and leaves my skin soft and smooth. I'll definitely pick up another bottle when I finish this one up.