August 21, 2014 | 1980 users online

Hair Treatments - FX Special Effects - Silk Milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

This is now called Tangle Out. I have to admit I really didn't think I even needed this product. My hair is not too tangly, but I am sensitive to 'yanking out' any more hair than I have to. At my local CVS they had FX products BOGO half off and I picked this up too. I love it!! I spray this on when I get out of the shower and before I comb with a large toothed comb, and my comb glides thru like butter. A little blown away, and it sorta helps make my hair feel silkier too. I use this with the Silk Drops and I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I am SO glad I bought this!! The product has been renamed and is now called TANGLE OUT. You can get it at any drugstore, it's so convenient to find. What an amazing detangler and for an amazing price. It really does what it says, it is a silk detangler. It doesn't leave your hair greasy and you can spray on as much as you want!! Smells good too! I spray it on my damp hair, as I love using this especially when I leave my hair curly and let it air dry. It really makes a difference in how my hair comes out. And it reduces breakage, since it's easier to comb through, and they say hair is most delicate when wet. This product makes my life so much easier and I will certainly repurchase. I'm totally shocked there are very few reviews about this product. Once again, FX has delivered a hidden gem!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

(Note: This product is now called "Tangle Out").

LOVE THIS. I used the No More Tears detangler for many years until I spotted this on a shelf. The scent is a much more grown-up "cashmere" scent (No More Tears is apple scented), and it has silk amino acids for an extra-silky finish. I was really upset when they renamed it earlier this year, because it went off the shelves everywhere and it was a few months before the renamed version showed up.

The positive thing about this story is that I did try some other detanglers, so I can do a little breakdown for you with two other widely-available drugstore brands: Pantene's Medium/Thick detangler, and the Johnson's No More Tears.

Tangle Out is definitely the best performance-wise. Price-wise, it's about twice as much as the Pantene by volume, which I think is an acceptable detangler, but not as good as Tangle Out. I would say Pantene is the best value, especially if your hair is not particularly coarse or damaged, but Tangle Out is absolutely worth the extra money if you would classify your hair as "self dreading", or if you really really don't want to smell like an apple. The Johnson's is OK. Inexpensive, but OK. I think it's designed specifically for extra-fine kids' hair, so it's basically better than nothing on my dry/medium-thick/coarse hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by xomissaudrey

FREAKING AMAZINGGG!
i bought this product on a whim.
normally, i waste my money on volumizing and thickening hair products because of my fine hair, but i had just quit straightening my hair (it's practically straight anyway - so stupid of me), and wanted my hair to recover.
it's definitely my holy grail hair product.
the first 3 days after i bought it, i knew i was in love...i had already used up half the bottle!
talk about obsessed.
it makes your hair move easily, detangle quickly&painlessly, super-soft, shiny, healthy looking and feeling, while actually repairing and protecting your hair instead of just masking the damage.
the price is good, and so is the size.
the spray nozzle never even got clogged! :D
doesn't weigh down my hairr!
dried quickly, which is a BIG bonus, since i usually spray a ton.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic! It smells amazing. It instantly smoothed and softened my coarse Asian hair without being greasy or too wet. Love it!