September 2, 2014 | 1977 users online

Treatments (Face) - Triple Antibiotic Ointment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by EmilyTheBeautyGuru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I have combination skin, along with it being VERY sensitive to alot of creams, makeup, cleansers, moisturizers, ointments.. you name it.
So when my face started drying up lately, and absolutely HATED every single makeup i applied to it, i just winged it and bought the antibiotic. Because my face couldnt get any worse, right?
SO, i applied it on my face at night and slept with it on. In the morning, my face was alot more moisturized then before. But still not great. I kept using it for about a week and a half, applying it once at night and in the morning before i put on my makeup. It was back to normal!!
My problem areas were on my cheeks and under my eyes, and around my mouth. If you absolutely NEED to wear makeup or foundation, but your face is still dry, apply a THIN layer of the antibiotic to the problem area and then apply a CREAM or LIQUID foundation over. Set it with a TINYYYY layer of powder. Not too much!

Much luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

love this stuff!

i have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin, and i like to use this post TCA peel. it keeps bacterial at bay and moisturizes REALLY well without sliding all over the place. i never gret any breakjouts from it either, which is awesome.

i also use it on any cuts/ scrapes/burns, etc-- anything thats in the healing process, as it helps heal with less scarring, and provides a protective barrier.

we ALWAYS have some of this in the house :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by NadiaV

This thing is great for the original purposes, treating scraped knees and cuts, etc. I use it for that and for treating blemishes that just won't seem to go away with anything else. It doesn't cure them in 8 hours but it does bring the head up by the next day and when it's gone, no scars!!! which is more than I can say for other treatments. Everyone should have this in their first aid kit for the obvious and if you have a pimple that just won't go away, give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by centerfuse

Me: Mild rosecea, older acne/clog prone in addition to stress-related cystic/adult acne, clogged pores, using Retin-A Micro .01, Retin-A .-1 gel, Renove .025 and Renova .05

Other products: Sage Hydrating Emulation (www. sageadvice.com) to buffer retinoids; Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil often mixed with a bit of organic Saffflower Oil; MD Forte and MD Formuations 12% Glycolic cleanser on dry skin after oil cleanse, gauze cotton fabric to gently exfoliate.remove cleansers.

Also use generic triple antibiotic oinitment or Vaseline day after application of RAM .1 to soothe skin and keep flakes/irritation at bay.

I will say that RAM .1 is strong and will tend to leave sensitive skin red, irritated, and cause flakes and irritation. I am on upkeep and use 2x/week.

However, I 've found a way around the bad stuff: the day after applying my RAM .1*buffered skin*, after the morning cleanse with either MD Forte or MD Formulations Glycolic Cleanser, I use my Sage Hydrating Emulsion mixed with a very small amount of generic triple antibiotic ointment to soothe redness and keep the skin supple. It soothes and makes the skin calm. Once the skin is calmed, I switch to Vaseline--but only the tiniest dab so that my skin does not look slick. I love my Majolica Majorca 24 H Pressed Fantantasia powder of Besame loose to lightly remove shine without caking.

I have found that Make Up For Ever is an excellent foundation for problem skin that flakes. I smooth it on almost like a moisturizer. A little extra on the red areas (for me, my nose and cheeks). A light dusting of the above mentioned powders, and I am good to go. Btw, if the powder looks gross, just dampen skin with a cool cloth and go with what you've got. Some days are better than others.

All I can say is that the triple antibiotic ointiment works wonders to quickly heal any irritation, keeps you from going the "over exfoliating" route, and calms. You just have to get used to a day or two of "not so great skin."

Sure, some folks have all the luck. My mother had "perfect skin." Not me. It's been years of trial and error. I have found, though, as I evolved into my 30s, that the Retinoid plus a petroleum-based ointment is the best for irritated skin.