April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lip Gloss - 100 Percent Pure - Sorbet Lipgloss

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been a long-time fan of 100 Percent Pure. Just recently tried these lovely lip sorbets. Better consistency (less tacky) than the lip glosses and more moisturizing. I like that the color is highly saturated and gives off a high shine. I have the one in cherry (a true juicy deep red) and hope to purchase the other colors in the future. Tastes deliciously fruity, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by martagreen

I got this lip gloss in watermelon as a free gift with purchase. The ingredients are beyond impressive, as with all the 100 Percent Pure products. So far everything I've tried from this brand has been amazing, but this was my first letdown.

Cons:
-very, very watery texture
-glossiness wears off fast
-tastes bad

Pros:
-100% natural ingredients
-colour stays on your lips like a lipstain when it sinks in

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since this is the first review on this product, I'll add that according to QVC.com reviews, most people are not happy with this product. Okay, so on to my review: do not confuse this with the 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lipglosses as they are very different. The Fruit Pigmented glosses have a traditional gloss texture, whereas the Sorbet Lipgloss is commonly described as "watery." In fact, these glosses have vitamin E as the primary ingredient (90% of the product is vitamin E). Thus, the texture is much more like a thick oil than gloss. This also has the effect that the Sorbet gloss sinks into your lips over the first 15 minutes or so. In other words, the "watery" quality diminishes greatly in the first 15 minutes. The color is much stronger than that of the Fruit Pigmented glosses, but only at first. As the gloss sinks into the lips, the color becomes more sheer. The shininess also diminishes as it sinks into the lips. The colors are nice (I have all four colors currently available - watermelon, cherry, acai, and raspberry). Finally, the Sorbet lipglosses will NOT protect your lips from cold or wind since they do not have that thick texture of traditional gloss. Overall, I think the Sorbet glosses are okay - not great, but not bad, either. Although I appreciate the stronger color (still rather natural looking, but more than a your-lips-but-better color), I still prefer 100%'s Fruit Pigmented glosses more.