100 Percent Pure Sorbet Lipgloss

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought one, loved it and went back to the 100% Pure store and bought another within a week. I own Acai and Rasberry.

Acai is a deep berry (think sort of Clinique Black Honey - but not loaded with chemicals).
Rasberry is a MLBB color, a pinkish nude, more on the pink.

Here's why I gave them 5 lippies:
Texture - they spread smoothly on my lips. granted, my lips aren't dry. I think if you had dry patches, even in the slightest, these would not 'grab' evenly on the lips and may seem patchy.

Color - color payoff is nice and not overtly shiny. I love the idea of lipgloss but I do not love the idea of looking like I have 'chicken grease' on my lips or having my hair stick to my lips. This keeps them smooth and only slightly shiny.

Smell - nothing overt. I detect the smallest 'ripe fruit' smell in both of them. I kind of like it, but don't let it stop you from trying it because you have to stick your nose right in the tube to smell it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been a long-time fan of 100 Percent Pure. Just recently tried these lovely lip sorbets. Better consistency (less tacky) than the lip glosses and more moisturizing. I like that the color is highly saturated and gives off a high shine. I have the one in cherry (a true juicy deep red) and hope to purchase the other colors in the future. Tastes deliciously fruity, too!

I got this lip gloss in watermelon as a free gift with purchase. The ingredients are beyond impressive, as with all the 100 Percent Pure products. So far everything I've tried from this brand has been amazing, but this was my first letdown.

-very, very watery texture
-glossiness wears off fast
-tastes bad

-100% natural ingredients
-colour stays on your lips like a lipstain when it sinks in

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Since this is the first review on this product, I'll add that according to QVC.com reviews, most people are not happy with this product. Okay, so on to my review: do not confuse this with the 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lipglosses as they are very different. The Fruit Pigmented glosses have a traditional gloss texture, whereas the Sorbet Lipgloss is commonly described as "watery." In fact, these glosses have vitamin E as the primary ingredient (90% of the product is vitamin E). Thus, the texture is much more like a thick oil than gloss. This also has the effect that the Sorbet gloss sinks into your lips over the first 15 minutes or so. In other words, the "watery" quality diminishes greatly in the first 15 minutes. The color is much stronger than that of the Fruit Pigmented glosses, but only at first. As the gloss sinks into the lips, the color becomes more sheer. The shininess also diminishes as it sinks into the lips. The colors are nice (I have all four colors currently available - watermelon, cherry, acai, and raspberry). Finally, the Sorbet lipglosses will NOT protect your lips from cold or wind since they do not have that thick texture of traditional gloss. Overall, I think the Sorbet glosses are okay - not great, but not bad, either. Although I appreciate the stronger color (still rather natural looking, but more than a your-lips-but-better color), I still prefer 100%'s Fruit Pigmented glosses more.

Recommended for Medium Skin