December 17, 2014 | 1715 users online

Treatments (Face) - CVS - Acne Treatment Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I picked this up while in the States on a trip. I noticed that in Canada, the "maximum strength without a prescription" is 5% BP, while in the USA it's 10% BP. Of course, this is much stronger and thus works faster to dry up a pimple. It can get a little drying because of this, but that's no big deal. Happy with this product and will continue to use it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Malted

This stuff is amazing. Just make sure to not put lotion over the product- it's effectivity wears off. Although this stuff does burn, I'm so satisfied with the results that this is a very minor problem. Also, the price is so cheap- way less than I've payed for other acne related problems. This one is the most effective! I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by natashahuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed with this product. I had very high hopes as the reviews were spectacular, I should have known it was going to be another waste of money. I used it for over a month with no change whatsoever. Sad really, my acne is just out of control since getting on birth control in 2010.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by SeekingFor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff works. i only get a pimple once in a while but if i see it coming i put a little dab on it and let it dry and the next day it's smaller and gone within a couple of days. good for big pimples too after you pop it. sometime the product leaks more than desired but try to squeeze the tube face up. thanks MU for leading me to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Aylapc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

THIS SAVED MY LIFE! After constantly breaking out with no luck getting rid of any pimples, I saw the reviews on this and thought "I'm desperate so ill try anything". Stopped by cvs, put a thin layer on my entire face, and then the next morning I almost gasped with relief. No new breakout and my face almost looks clear. I have never gotten such results from ANY product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by mwuah908

This product is pretty potent. I use a small amount on large pimples and they do dry up in a reasonable amount of time. I found that if I use this in conjunction with some Salicylic Acid, the pimples dry up even faster. Because this is 10% benzoyl peroxide, it does dry out my skin and leaves it flaky (which is why I use it as a spot treatment). Overall, I really do like this product and I use it often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this 2x a day since i bought it 4 days ago. Nearly all the pimples/semi-cystic acne on my chin that had errupted and re-erupted over the last few months is gone. Even some of the scarring/redness. HOWEVER - I was VERY liberal with it, smearing it about my entire chin in a thick layer - this was not necessary and resulted in a bunch of dry flaking of the entire area - however - pimples are gone! And that's what I wanted!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by missmaggie

Wow I bought this last night for about $4 and applied it to some rather nasty pimples that have been on my face for about a week and no joke they are almost gone this afternoon !!!!! I ve never had anything take care of pimples so well and amazing. I havent even had it 24hrs yet but I love it, I have the maximum strength one and no irritations yet. This is def an HG and I cant praise it enough

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by KLovesMac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This acne treatment gel has officially achieved holy grail status for me. I had about 3 red, ugly, painful blemishes on my face two days ago. I use Refissa (tretinoin), AHA, and BHA acids on my face a few times a week, and this past week these products brought to the surface the most painful pimples on the planet. I purchased the CVS acne treatment gel after reading stellar reviews. Let me tell you, after 1 day, the pimples have completely diminished. Within hours, they became smaller and no longer painful. 2 of the pimples are completely gone, and the third is about 50% smaller and no longer inflamed. I now swear by this gel...I have never seen such dramatic results in such short time. This gel does dry out the skin and did cause some slight irritation in one area...however applying Homeoplasmine (French product; American dupe would be Aquaphor) has helped with the irritation. I HIGHLY recommend this gel and will never, ever be without! Thank you, CVS!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by tropicofcancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW. I have suffered from acne since I was about 11 or 12 and I'm never without at least one or two pimples on my face - and that's when my face looks good. Usually I have at least five at a time, and usually at least one major one. Though my skin has gotten less oily as I've gotten older, it's still more oily than average. I started using this last Friday and by Monday my face looked so much better! It's Wednesday now and my face is finally almost clear (I just have a few leftover pimples from before). It is really drying, so I've been slathering on the moisturizer. First, I wash my face with Cetaphil, then I use this CVS gel, and then I use a Simple brand moisturizer (because it's noncomedogenic). I cannot emphasize enough how great this product is! My pores, which are huge on my nose and large around my nose and on my chin, have almost completely shrunk. My skin tone seems more even and bright now, and I like that it has dried my face out some and reduced the T-zone oiliness. All of this combined with the fact that it's so cheap has definitely made this my HG product!!! Go try it because it's cheap, and just remember to moisturize a ton and wear sunscreen!