September 30, 2014 | 1590 users online

Powder - Lancome - skin-transforming mineral powder

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by adama3

I have tried numerous mineral powders. Of the ones I've tried before this (BE- too cakey on nose, Everyday Minerals- muddy colors that made me itch, Prescriptives- accentuated lines, CD- no coverage) Colorescience used to be my favorite. However, I always felt the color was a bit dark and the cool applicator-brush it comes in clogs very quickly and therefore it is hard to control coverage. I was excited when I saw some new minerals available advertised in the recent Nordstrom catalogue. I went there to try the new Christian Dior minerals (nudeskin.) This caked on my nose pretty quickly. I then head to the Lancome counter. The SA rec the ivory 20. She suggested that these minerals really need to be applied over their makeup primer. It is beautiful! The powders are extremely fine milled. Finer that all the others. The container has a nice shaker top that twists open and is not as messy as others. On top, you apply a little of the perfecting and setting mineral powder. One color for all. I got a great deal that included the softest foundation brush, ivory 20 and 30 and a small amount of the setting powder. I think the setting powder gives the luminosity. I have been thrilled with these minerals. It does not feel heavy (even with the primer.) It lasts beautifully throughout the day. It never cakes on me. Never accentuates any fine lines. Makes your skin look fantastic! I was surprised that the ivory 20 was light enough but is great for me. I consider myself very fair, so it is nice to know there is even a fairer one. I do think it is hard to find minerals that are for very fair skins. The coverage is also very buildable! If you are looking for a great minerale powder, check this out! It is fab! I'm in LOVE!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No