April 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mgrafer

I thought i would love this product. It had everything i wanted, salicylic acid, redness reduction, treating my acne before it even happened, etc.
I HATE this product. Its horrible. It causes me to break out with the most terrible cystic acne ever, and thats after two washes with this stuff!! I have never had cystic acne naturally.
Dont buy this, its just not worth the risk.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lalalalara17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this product for about 5 years now, and it's the best acne cleanser I've come across so far. I still get breakouts, but less severely and more infrequently than before I used this product. I also have incredibly oily and acne-prone skin, so I can't be too harsh about an over-the-counter face wash not clearing my skin completely.

The tingly cool is refreshing, but if you have sensitive skin, it might be more of an unpleasant burning sensation. If my face is exposed to harsh elements like bitter winter gusts during the day, washing my face with this will burn at night. It can also be a little drying, so be sure to use a moisturizer afterward. But apart from that, the product is great for making me feel as if I've gotten all the oil off of the surface of my skin. Not a deep pore-clean, but then again it's not a facial scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by erikaarivass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG face wash! I have oily skin with some minor pimples here and there. I have tried almost everything for my skin and didn't find anything that actually worked well enough for my taste until I came upon this! This is seriously great. Although it doesn't prevent acne altogether, it does reduce the size of the pimple. I also have less and less pimples each time I use it. It feels great, although the smell isn't very pleasant... Overall, this is amazing and I looooooove it! I just dislike the packaging... But for the price, who cares!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by harrisonfjord

This is the only face wash that I regularly purchase. I am a product junkie and have struggled with mild acne for years. I have tried everything from high end products: chanel, clinique, origins to proactive to basic drugstore regimens. I keep purchasing this cleanser because I find that it is really great for treating acne without stripping my skin. I have combination skin, but my T Zone is an oil slick. This cleanser helps to control the oil on my face without drying out other areas of my face. My only recommendation is that you use a separate cleanser or method to remove makeup. This cleanser tends to leave makeup residue behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Izzymakeupx

PROS:
Really helped clear up acne
Didn't dry out my skin (i always moisturize after using it, though)
Gentle, didn't irritate my skin
Noticeably reduced the stubborn blackheads on my nose
My skin feels soft after use

CONS:
None specifically that i can think of, although for me personally i haven't noticed that it has reduced the redness in my skin to any great degree.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is very creamy, but kinda waxy. Plus, it's ineffective and drying anyway. I see no purpose in it being green and it smells strong. Meh. There are much better acne face washes out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by alieislove

I bought this product when Neutrogena discontinued the cleanser that I used for years (Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask). During the first week, it felt refreshing and non-drying. My skin felt so smooth! However, during the second week, I began to break out in acne all over my face, not just in the T-zone where I typically had acne problems. I figured that I would keep using it, thinking that I'd just have to give my skin some time to get used to it. During weeks three and four, cystic acne developed on my cheeks, nose, and chin that I'd never experienced before in my life, not even as a teenager. I finally threw it in the trash after about six weeks, and I tried everything to get the cystic acne off my face. The ONLY thing that finally got rid of it? My tried-and-true Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask! I finally found one on the shelf in a less-frequented grocery store. Never again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by torijanus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second tube and I love it! It gets rid of existing acne and acne that hasn't formed yet, which is great for freshman year of college. The cream keeps my skin from getting dry like it does with foaming cleansers. It may dry you out if you don't use a moisturizer. Just like with perfumes and cosmetic, use with caution. If you break out more or peel or get red, you may have an allergy so don't jump to it being the cleansers fault. It smells wonderful and leaves my skin tingly and clean feeling. I will use this for as long as it works and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by katyaberk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for 7 days now twice a day. I found this cream wash to be very effective against under-skin acne and blocked pores. It's second ingredient is Glycolic Acid which has noticeably decreased pimples under my skin. I also use Clinique Lotion 3 with Salicylic acid afterwards and let me tell you my skin was never happier since I arrived to humid Australia (18 months ago). I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by donnaperez7

This along with Mary Kay's cleanser are the only cleansers that actually work for my skin! I don't have severe acne problems but I can DEFINITELY see a difference in my skin if I stop using this. This helps reduce any redness of an oncoming pimple I may get and it leaves my skin feeling nice and fresh after I wash it off. When putting it on it doesn't feel like much is happening but i can see the improvement of my skin in the morning :) for curiosity's sake I tried out a few other cleansers but none of them did anything for my skin like this one did.