Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

2.8

Ingredients: Medicinal ingredients % w/w: octinoxate 7.5%, octocrylene 7%, oxybenzone 6%, titanium dioxide 5.7%, octisalate 5% Non-medicinal ingredients: purified water, glycerin, propylene glycol, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, vinylpirolidone/eicosene copolymer, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate (and / et) PEG-100 stearate, potassium cetyl phosphate, phenoxyethanol, aluminum hydroxide, triethanolamine, dimethiconol, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, cetyl alcohol, ethylparaben, carbomer copolymer, disodium EDTA, tocopherol/soya oil, xanthan gum

on 5/19/2015 10:29:00 PM

Slightly disappointed at this sunscreen ... It's sticky, clogged my pores, made my face oily in 2 hours (I have dry skin ...) and leaves a white cast .... Hmmmm .. Is there anything good about this ?

on 2/17/2015 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is SO not worth buying. I only plan to use it on days when I plan to be out in the sun for a longer period than usual. As, I wouldn't dare use this stuff on a daily basis. It leaves my face feeling and looking shiny, runs into my eyes and makes them blurry, and it just feels heavy on the skin. Plus, I am not a fan of it's sunscreen smell either, but I do make myself tolerate it, while I'm wearing it.

The only reason why I bought it was because I received a coupon for it, within my dermatologist's office. Because I can't get a refund for it, I do plan to get my money's worth and use it up. But, I do not plan to re-purchase this stuff ever again.

on 1/19/2015 9:26:00 PM

"Gross. Gross. Ugh. What have I done?"

That's how I felt almost immediately after putting this stuff on. Like I had made a big mistake putting this on my skin... like I had just put on a full facial mistake mask. I wished that I could go back in time and undo my decision. I felt like I had unintentionally poisoned myself... a feeling that was only intensified after I read the ingredients... and I was compelled to read the ingredients by the feeling of this stuff on my face and hands... it just felt WRONG.

This product was recommended to me, and I took that recommendation too lightly. I am chiding myself for having not read the ingredients first.

octinoxate
cetyl alcohol
ethylparaben
carbomer copolymer
disodium EDTA

If I had read that list before I would have never asked my skin to absorb this into my body.
If you wouldn't feel comfortable swallowing this compound, then why would you put it into your skin? If you read these ingredients on a food product and would have no qualms ingesting this chemical cocktail orally, then maybe this lotion is for you. In which case I have an almost full container for you, because there is absolutely no way I am using this again.

on 8/15/2014 10:29:00 PM

My boyfriend suggested this per his dermatologist. It does moisturize well although a bit sticky. The white tint is impossible to blend. Would not buy again.

on 7/27/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This stuff is good nicely moisturizes, but can look greasy and leave a white-ish tint.. Because of all the sunscreen in it. I do like that it has SPF 50 in it to protect you from the sun.

on 2/24/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I feel like this is getting crappy reviews because This product definitely should be advertised for DRY skin. It's far too emollient for oily skin. That being said, I enjoy it for what it is. It moisturizers and provides sun protection. I have combo skin, so it is a bit shiny, but I always powder before leaving the house anyway, and that solves the issue for me. Packaging is great and sanitary, and best of all, it doesn't break me out. In conjunction with the cleansing bar my skin has actually become more clear!

on 12/20/2013 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this sunscreen, it is light and not too greasy. It doesn't feel too heavy on your face and it is a really good moisturiser. It's only downside is that it makes your face look a but greasy/shiny. I only wear this sunscreen when I go running, as people can tell that you are wearing sunscreen even though it doesn't leave a white cast.

on 8/22/2013 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love love this product first time sunscreen don't break me out, also love the packaging easy clean and on the go, also I'm on accutane and my skin very dry this also work as moisturizer form my skin , love it

on 8/20/2013 4:09:00 PM

I have spent 25 yrs, thousands of dollars and numerous doctors / dermatologists looking for a moisturiser which I could use on my very sensitive (face) skin. Up until my latest dermatologist suggested Cetaphil the only product which did not 'burn' my skin was Vaseline petroleum jelly (ugh!). Now that I live in Oz having found one with an SPF feels like a godsend. I broke out in spots for the first few weeks (not a usual reaction for me) but persevered and am now extremely happy with the product. I use the moisturising cream at night and have no complaints. I also suffer from poikiloderma on my neck which has been treated with lasers, Cetaphil has not exacerbated the condition in any way.

on 7/28/2013 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm afraid this was not a good product for me. I do have dry skin and I sunburn like crazy. This product seemed like it would work for me, but it did not. I never thought that I would say this about a moisturizer, but this was too much moisture. The cream itself was thick and heavy, and never really completely sank in. It also had a heavy 'sunscreen' smell from the '80's - the kind where you knew if you went to the beach, sand was going to stick all over you.

Top Rated Cetaphil Products