November 24, 2014 | 964 users online

Hair - Redken - Blown Away 09

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice product. Makes my fine hair hair smooth and straight.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by doriem2009

I'm a cosmetology student who has recently fallen in love with Redken, and I actually really love this! I have very thick yet fine hair and it really helps my hair stay straight, smooth, and protected from the blow dryer. I only use a dollop the size of a dime plus a pea-sized amount more. I cocktail it with about a large quarter-sized amount of Align 12. Don't concentrate it on your roots, but work it from the midsection down to the ends and use what is left near the roots to avoid any stickiness. It's also really important when using this to dry your hair in smaller sections, which I've found also helps it to straighten better. I would definitely recommend this to people with thicker hair, but it might be a bit too heavy for very fine hair. Less is definitely more with Blown Away!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by beachytabbyanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a sample of this product that came with another hair product, and I'm skeptical at trying new things when I blow-dry my hair (what I find the most effective way to style it), for fear of my hair not feeling as smooth as I expect, but I love this stuff! Even though it's a gel, it works like a smoothing serum. I've color-treated my hair a lot and for the past few months I've just been letting it grow out, and I've been trying to get it as healthy as possible, and with the help of products like this, I've succeeded!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by futuremodel44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZING!!!1 i put it in my hair after the shower and finger comb it in my hair, focusing on the ends. I then just use a normal paddle brush and my hair dryer on the hottest setting and blow it out. This makes my hair soooooooooo incredibally smooth and glossy and people complement me on my "new haircut". GET THIS!!! worth every single penny

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by meybol102685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well,I put it on after I finished washing my hair. I got out of the shower and flipped my hair over and I rubbed it bw my hands and started at d roots. I didn't make my hair sof or anything so I put quite a lot one hoping that it would. Since it still left my hair stiff I put argan oil on my roots. I used a round brush to blow dry each section of my hair. It left my hair ssleek and kinda shiny. It didn't weight my hair down and it did look really good and blown out. The only thing is that I don't think it conditioned my hair but it made it look nice. I have bleached blond highlights, coarse thick frizzy hair. It was okay but will prob not repurchased but finishe it off and look for somthing better.the tresemme heat tamer leaves my hair softer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by dany06

I cant believe that this product has such bad reviews. I've been using this product on my half texlaxed/half 4a new growth hair for 2 weeks. It provides a lot of shine without the weight of a serum. My hair is uber shiney straight from the blowdry. I just flat iron without putting on any more product and the results are blow-in-the-wind hair. Also the shine it produces is way more intense than any shine serum I've ever used. I only used a nickle to a quarter sized amount on my collar-bone length hair. I have a feeling that this product works well only for those with thick, textured, or coarse hair.

The texture of this product is weird and can feel a bit sticky when putting it on. Once on the hair it just soaks in, but my fingers feel a little tacky and coated. Just simply wash your hands and you are good. Im also surprised that this product doesnt leave any smell on the hair. I know other Redken stuff has left my hair smelling like I left from a high end salon.

There are some cons to this product. I cant really say that it provided frizz control. It does make my hair smooth but it is not as smooth as result from aquage ultragel. The Ultragel gives bkt smooth result but lack in the shine department. It doesnt dull my hair, but after trying Blown Away it is not up to par. So I use either a little dab of Ultragel or serum on my ends for smoothing purposes. there is one other problem I had that I've never experienced before. My hair had a lot of stactic and fly aways after using this product. It might just be that time of the year, but I've never had this problem with my hair before ever. so fly away and a llittle static may be an issue. The biggest issue with this product is that it has no slip. I mean none. You have to add a little bit of serum or something to easily work with it. It is not a wet product so putting it in slightly dampened hair will cause a disaster. So this must be cocktailed inorder to work excellently unless you are styling pretty damp hair.

Overall, I really like this product. Its provides heat protection without weighing hair down like a serum and give lots of shine. It also provides smoother blowdrys and comes in travel size.You dont need much product to do past shoulder length hair and the product will last for some time. Im seriously falling in love with it for the shine and its lightt enough to give blow-in-wind results. Im definitely buying a big bottle of this.

EDIT:
I would like to tell you guys how this product compared to the other Redken blowdry gels/lotions/balms/creams.

Now mind you, I have very curly kinky hair. My strands are medium to fine and soft but not naturally slick and silky. I usually wash my hair every 5 to 7 days if Im wearing it straight. I also clarify at each wash if Im wearing it straight so that the product may perform without interference from buildup.

Ok first up is Power Tame 16. It is meant to work for coarse hair. Since Im African American I would assume that this product is geared towards me although my hair likes really light products. I figured the worst it could do was weigh my hair down. To be honest this product did not perform as well as simple leave-in and serum. It left my hair looking dull and not very sleek. I've tried it on my hair and my bf's. His hair is like 3c/3b/2c. This did the same exact thing to his hair except for the 2c hairs in the front. Plus both his and mine blew up and got puffy shortly afterwards. I tried using a little and a lot and it does not even compare to the Blown Away.

I also tried Align 12. It makes my hair have a nice sleek feeling and the shine is very natural. I would call it sheen more than shine. Its not as glossy as the Blown Away but it does make the hair feel smooth. The smell is nice also. I would use if I had nothing else.

The Satinwear 02 has as a similar effect just like the Blown Away; however, its a serumy feeling liquidy lotion. It leaves my hair with lots of shine. and also makes it very smooth. I dont have to add any serums for this high gloss. I think the Blown Away produces a bit more shine, but this stuff is still really good. This product is what made me want to try the redken blowdry products in the first place.

I believe that the Redken hair straightening product under the Heat Styling category work better than those under the Straight category for my hair. They give very light bouncy hair with lots of shine. So if you have hair similar to mines you may want to look into these products before looking at the straight category products.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by candass23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this product to be very sticky. It does not blend into your hair when blow drying. My hair felt sticky, heavy and full of product after using. I found it did not help in blow drying nor did help with frizz

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by CoCoTee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just used it in a blow out. I knew as soon as I squeezed the gel out of the tube that it was going to be all wrong. I'm a risk taker so I went forward with it. It doesn't melt in the dampness of hair. My hair is still quite soft but now I have the invisible buildup feeling and my ends feel straw-y. My hair can be classified as 3c/4a and is past my shoulders when flat-ironed. I'm not a fan. I'm glad I bought the travel/sample size and did not fully commit to a full tube of this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have long hair that is color treated, and when I blow dry or use hot rollers I always use a heat protectant. I bought this on a whim one day and I have to say it is not easy to work with. It's a really thick, clear, heavy gel, so when you spread it through your hair it's not evenly distributed. I also find that it makes my hair feel really heavy with lots of buildup. The only thing I can say is that it might be a good idea if you are putting your hair in an updo or something along those lines because your hair will not move after using this. I didn't notice any fragrance or smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from my local professional beauty supply store. I have rather thick/coarse/dry hair. I used this product thinking I would get silky/smooth results. The texture is sort of a mix between a gel and a paste. It's sticky and very hard to work with when blow-drying. I would not recommend this product.