Cellex-C Advanced-C Serum

2.9

Water (Aqua), Ascorbic Acid, Acetyl Tyrosine, Zinc Sulfate, Glycine, Grape Skin (Vitis Vinifera) Extract, Grape Seed (Vitis Vinifera) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bioflavanoids.

on 12/23/2014 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My all time Favorite vit-c serum.

believe me i did them ALL...i did the Whooole trip from high-end ultra "lux" brands (such as La-prairie,La-mer,Natura Bisse,Revive,cle de peau) and all the way "down" to the "Physician Strength" brands (Skinmedica,Skinceuticals,Obagi-Nu Derm program,IS Clinical,MD Forte,Vivite...Gosh im sure i forgot some! lol).
today.....i stay away from "lux" brands (except for makeup and stuff).

in terms of vitamic-c serums i tried the CE ferulic by skinceuticals,skinmedica,obagi (also the Rx line),IS Cinical,PTR, jan marini Etc..
The Only one i miss and go back to is thIs serum by Cellex-c!
i just Love It! - i try others, and always come back to this one because of the super glowing radiant skin it gives me

i really do have to thank this product (along with a few other staples in my skin care routine) that contributed to the excellent state my skin is at my age. i always get compliments on my glowing skin and this product has alot to do with the glow i have.

but remember that a good vit-c serum is only ONE "superstar" ingredient in the battle against aging skin.

it is only one of a few crucial "bombs" that fight against aging.
but it is an important one and NOT all vit-c serum are equals (and no...higher percentage of L-ascorbic is NOT what makes a vit-c serum more powerfull).
in order for a vit-c serum to do work its magic.....
it needs to have (first and foremost) a SUPERB "delivery mechanism".
that delivery system will take the l-ascorbic acid Deep into the skin....
and that is exactly why i think CELLEX-C is Superior to all others.
i truly believe that as a vit-c serum....the cellex-c is Far Superior to all others (i have tried).

but listin.....dont expect "Miricales".

remember to use it in conjunction with a few other superpowers:
1- Retinoids! (Rx Tretinoin or over the counter retinol based creams).
2- L-ascorbic acid serum (vit-c serums of your choice).
3- Glycolic acid products (Chemical Exfoliating products from the AHA groups).
4- and try to use one Top notch ultra advanced New-Age product which contains lots of peptides and grouth factors.
5- **Sunscreen** (most important **Prevention** step).

use all five crucial superstars and you are fighting aging (topically) in the best way you can (in this current day and age).

my regimen

Morning routine.......

cleanse with Obagi "gentle cleanser" and wipe face dry.
Peter thomas roth "un-wrinkle peel pads" (use on dry face,leave on 2-3 min,rinse only with water).
La prairie "cellular mineral face exfoliator" (on damp skin right after washing of the PTR peel pads).
Tone with Obagi "nu-derm toner"
then i use in this order (but wait 2-3 min after each product to let sink in).
Cellex-c "advance C serum" (4-5 drops - and not near eyes).
Skinmedica "TNS Essential Serum" (A-M-A-Z-I-N-G stuff - one full pump all over face).
Md Forte "skin rejuvination eye cream" (great retinol and glycolic acid based strong eye cream)
Obagi Exfoderm forte all over my face (not near eyes)
skinceuticals "eye balm" for some extra eye skin hydration (needs to go on top of the md forte eye cream)
Zo skin "oclipse sunscreen & primer spf30" (the Best and most AMAZING sunscreen in the world).
*Tip: i have an oily T-zone and i dont use (or need) a moisturizer on top of all the things i use.
but...if you would like a very lightweight daytime moisturizer that you want to put on top of the TNS serum (and underneath your sunscreen) i will suggest a wonderfull oil free lightweight one called "cellex-c sea silk moisturizer".

*Note: for hyperpigmentation issues you will need to use the RX doctor prescribed "hydroquinone".
i suggest you use it in a easier form such as a Liquid serum that contains hydroquinone.
a liquid hydroquinone in a form of a serum that i know and used is from the "OBAGI RX-C System".
its an obagi's RX doctor prescribed only line (but you can get it also online from different vendors who sell it without a medical doctor prescription).
the product is a serum that combines 10 L-ascorbic acid (Vit-c) Plus 4% medical grade hydroquinone.
so you get a vit-c serum and hydroquinone all in one liqid easy to use form.
you can use it instead of the cellex-c vit-c serum in the daytime.
i suggest you use it daily for a short period of three months...and then use it 1-2 times a week (and on the rest of the days go ahead and use the cellex-c serum).

Evning routine:
cleanse with Obagi "gentle cleanser".
Tone with obagi
Skinmedica TNS Essential Serum (1 full pump for whole face - you can use it under eyes too)
Tretinoin cream (i use the obagi 0.5% tretinoin cream - about 1 inch cream for my whole face - this can be prescribed by a doctor or you can fine some online retailers that sell it online without a prescription)
Skinceuticals "eye balm" (for dryness of under eye skin),
and if you want or need some good emoliant moisturizer on your face at night ( i dont) then i suggest you use either the.. "skinmedica replenish hydrating cream" ,or the "skinmedica dermal repair cream" or even a good basic moisturizng cream like the Cerave "pm moisturizer".

*i also Love the Dermalogica "multi-vitamin power recovery masque" for twice a week "pampering" treatment.
im not into facial "masks" normally (i find them kindda useless) but i love this mask and i use at as a "pick me up" mask on long night or when i fly and my skin dosent look its best.
its a beauty mask for me and its the ONLY one i ever will use and repurchase.

Good luck and enjoy,
Sarai from israel :)

on 8/3/2014 5:28:00 PM

DESERT ISLAND PRODUCT! If I could only take one beauty or cosmetic product of any kind to a desert island, Cellex-C Advanced C is it! It does everything - clears acne, brightens, tightens, eliminates wrinkles and lines, and is NOT GREASY! It goes well under make up, primer, and sunscreen, and you can't say that about Obagi or Skinceuticals. I've tried them but I have been using this since 2001, and people think I am at least 10 years younger than I really am. I won't repeat the great things other reviewers said... this stuff is FANTASTIC! However, no one has mentioned this: If you put a couple drops on a new sun burn after showering, the burn basically disappears. It is amazing! Try it!!!

on 10/29/2011 10:03:00 PM

This is stable C-serum formulationand not as pricey as the other serums Believe me when I say I've tried many others.I've seen faster and better resultswith Cellex than Skinceticals and Obagi C serums. .

on 7/7/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this is the only formulation with tyrosine and zinc with vit c--and patented so can not be duplicated. without tyrosine, vit c can not go deep enough to stimulate collagen remarkably. i recommend this wholeheartedly over skinceuticals, obagi and skinmedica etc. the advanced series has hydrolyzed vit c so collagen is produced faster than the original series plus it is choke full of super potent antioxidants. this product erased lines on my face--but be patient it takes at least 4 months to see results. so, while you can get brightening from other vit c out there, nothing plumps and lifts like cellex-c

on 8/27/2010 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I've been a user for 5 + years and it has NEVER failed me. Yes, in the beginning, it irritated my skin, but after continual use....my face acclimated. Rosy, luminous, clear, acne free, oil-free, soft and smooth is what describes my face.

My skin has NEVER looked so good. Never. My skin feels and looks better now that I'm 33 than when I was in my early 20's.

Don't forget Hydra B5 and sunscreen.

on 6/20/2010 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought the Advanced-C serum after using the High Potency which I really liked, because I felt the High Potency exfoliated without making my skin pigmentation worse which alpha hydroxy acids do for my skin. I hoped that the Advance-C serum, having a higher percentage of vitamin C, would benefit my skin even more. However, it irritated my skin too much so I ended up diluting it it with water to use it up. I really don't like the dropper, because I frequently spill the liquid onto the floor or the sink by accident and waste the expensive product.

on 10/25/2009 9:44:00 AM

Quite simply a waste of money. Meant to review awhile ago. Did nothing at all. Don't throw your money away. Stay clear of this product.

on 11/22/2008 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this on a whim cause it was on sale after using Skinceuticals C+E ferulic. The Skinceuticals made my broken caps less noticeable and evened out my tone and moisturized and made my wrinkles less deep and this did nothing at all. In fact, I feel that it reversed the progress I had made. Cannot say enough negative things about this serum. Run, don't walk, to buy the C+E Ferulic.

on 10/16/2008 1:30:00 PM

Agree with all the negative reviews here. Waste of money. I honestly tried it for 3 months. NO change in my skin or pigmentation what so ever!

on 7/29/2008 1:10:00 PM

I got a sample of this after a facial. I honestly don't know if it did anything but break me out a little bit, because I could only use it for a few days due to the revolting smell--sort of like a combination of oily hair and self-tanner.

Popular Treatments (Face)