October 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cellex-C - Advanced-C Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Minx33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

DESERT ISLAND PRODUCT! If I could only take one beauty or cosmetic product of any kind to a desert island, Cellex-C Advanced C is it! It does everything - clears acne, brightens, tightens, eliminates wrinkles and lines, and is NOT GREASY! It goes well under make up, primer, and sunscreen, and you can't say that about Obagi or Skinceuticals. I've tried them but I have been using this since 2001, and people think I am at least 10 years younger than I really am. I won't repeat the great things other reviewers said... this stuff is FANTASTIC! However, no one has mentioned this: If you put a couple drops on a new sun burn after showering, the burn basically disappears. It is amazing! Try it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by TheEmpress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is stable C-serum formulationand not as pricey as the other serums Believe me when I say I've tried many others.I've seen faster and better resultswith Cellex than Skinceticals and Obagi C serums. .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ambika74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the only formulation with tyrosine and zinc with vit c--and patented so can not be duplicated. without tyrosine, vit c can not go deep enough to stimulate collagen remarkably. i recommend this wholeheartedly over skinceuticals, obagi and skinmedica etc. the advanced series has hydrolyzed vit c so collagen is produced faster than the original series plus it is choke full of super potent antioxidants. this product erased lines on my face--but be patient it takes at least 4 months to see results. so, while you can get brightening from other vit c out there, nothing plumps and lifts like cellex-c

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Affascinante

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. I've been a user for 5 + years and it has NEVER failed me. Yes, in the beginning, it irritated my skin, but after continual use....my face acclimated. Rosy, luminous, clear, acne free, oil-free, soft and smooth is what describes my face.

My skin has NEVER looked so good. Never. My skin feels and looks better now that I'm 33 than when I was in my early 20's.

Don't forget Hydra B5 and sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by malisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the Advanced-C serum after using the High Potency which I really liked, because I felt the High Potency exfoliated without making my skin pigmentation worse which alpha hydroxy acids do for my skin. I hoped that the Advance-C serum, having a higher percentage of vitamin C, would benefit my skin even more. However, it irritated my skin too much so I ended up diluting it it with water to use it up. I really don't like the dropper, because I frequently spill the liquid onto the floor or the sink by accident and waste the expensive product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by scanmike

Quite simply a waste of money. Meant to review awhile ago. Did nothing at all. Don't throw your money away. Stay clear of this product.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on a whim cause it was on sale after using Skinceuticals C+E ferulic. The Skinceuticals made my broken caps less noticeable and evened out my tone and moisturized and made my wrinkles less deep and this did nothing at all. In fact, I feel that it reversed the progress I had made. Cannot say enough negative things about this serum. Run, don't walk, to buy the C+E Ferulic.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by nata1970

Agree with all the negative reviews here. Waste of money. I honestly tried it for 3 months. NO change in my skin or pigmentation what so ever!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a sample of this after a facial. I honestly don't know if it did anything but break me out a little bit, because I could only use it for a few days due to the revolting smell--sort of like a combination of oily hair and self-tanner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Helleni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a combo mediterranean skin type that I am exposing it very frequently to the sun especially while I am driving. I am 44 years old, choosing cosmetics from all sorts of companies mainly with vast experience in the field. I have read the reviews for the high potency + Hydra B5 kit and I went to purchase it. Unlikely in southen Europe they sell only the professional formulations. So I have purchased The Advanced-C kit consisting of 15ml Advanced C serum and 15ml Skin Hydration Complex. I have used them during the morning for the past 5 weeks but not on their own. After the C serum and the skin hydration serum I use a Guerlain moisturer (Aqua day refreshing gel or Kensoki vital-ice cream) and at the top my sun protection cream SPF 40 of Guerlain or the Cellec-c 30+ ). In that order both Cellex-c serums work fine and I have seen a lot of improvement to my skin texture. Avoid using them all alone without moisturers or with an anti wrikle creams. There is something in the formulas that do not blend well with the wrikle-tightening creams. Price for the kit in my my country is Euro 169!!!. I found it via internet sites ( my second purchase) around Euro100. The difference between the High potency serum and the Advance C serum apart from L-Ascorbic acid consistency 10% vs 17.5% is the Ph. The H.Potency has around Ph 2.5 and Advanced C 4.5 while the skin's PH is 5.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No