October 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew - Latino

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by amunger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Pros: medium pink, good for an anyway outfit, cheap, long wear, moisturizing, shimmery on lips
Con: strong smell, swatch is not true to actual lip color

I love this lipstick, I'm going to go back to pick another shade soon since it was solo cheap! under $5 for such a great product. Its worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the Moisture Renew line, lipsticks and lip glosses, and own about 4 shades in each. I bought this shade online after reading the reviews here. Latino is a muted pink colour with a pearl finish, and the colour is slightly more pink than my natural lip colour so it's not bad for a natural look. I do wish it were a bit warmer and peachier to match my yellow undertones though. It probably looks better on someone with pink undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by bnavarro

defenitely a must have. i absolutely LOVE this lipstick. i am now a fan of rimmel lipsticks. this was my first lipstick by this brand ( my boyfriend bought it for me) :) .it leaves my lips soft and the color is pinkish peachy. will defenitely look forward into buying more from this brand. if you are unsure whether to buy it, im telling you, give it a try! its worth it.and its amazing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

This was my first use of Rimmel's Moisture Renew Line and while I am a huge fan of their shrinking line of original formula "Lasting Finish Lipsticks", Latino #240 --- why not "Latina?" --- offers neither the color or the staying power I expected. I was prepared to love, love, love this medium-bright, peachy-pink seashell shade while ogling it in the store but it went on much more frosty than its appearance in the tube led me to suspect. For such a promising "healthy glow" sort of color, I was surprised to see a silvery, cool-tone finish. As a result, it looks nearly three shades paler, not at all true to what it looks like on the swatch or in the tube. In practice, this shade is more or less Rimmel's version of Revlon Super Lustrous Softshell Pink (#410).

I had hoped to for a warm peachy-pink color with a golden satin finish but like so many pearl/satin formulas the reality is a whitish/silver overlay that's not always a flattering look against already-pale skin. For a somewhat less rosy shade of what I was after, I bought Rimmel's original formula in "Nostalgia" (seashell pink creme) and paired it to NYC's "Rose Gold" for a gold satin finish. Rimmel's a great company with sophisticated colors and decent lasting power at a great value for the money --- I even adore the scent --- but this, my first experience with their bulky purple tubes typical of the Moisture Renew Line, isn't a step up in terms of packaging, price or formula over the original "Lasting Finish" line, IMHO.

Overall, I don't like the drugstore-brand trend toward cheap, blocky, paper-thin lipstick tubes that don't feel like they can survive a drop on a hard floor, let alone months in a handbag. Likewise, I don't generally like lipsticks that try to achieve too much moisture because typically it still doesn't replace the need for lip balm or gloss and yet in trying to make the formulas lighter and less "heavy" the staying power of so many lipsticks is nothing what it should be. When I see more of my lipcolor on a coffee mug or a straw then on my lips because cosmetics' manufacturers primarily wish to appeal to those who want "all things in one product", it gets annoying. When I got into my Mom's Coty lipsticks "back in the day", they had two characteristics that made it impossible to destroy the "evidence" of having played dress-up: opaque pigments and a much higher wax content. A tiny dab of original-style lipsticks went so far that a tiny bullet that would easily fit in a small purse or evening bag would last three or four times as long as today's jumbo-size lipsticks. In fact, Coty lipsticks would stay on as long or longer than the "superstay", "outlast" and "colorstay" formulas by CoverGirl, Maybelline and Revlon, minus the scary chemicals that liquid long-wear formulas nowadays contain. Unfortunately, there are so many complaints of lipstick being "heavy" or "drying" that manufacturers, especially at the drugstore-brand level, no longer offer true wax-based lipstick formulas for shoppers who want their lipsticks to stay put for more than 10-30 minutes. How does this tie into Rimmel? Well, it turns out that Rimmel is owned by the parent company, Coty, that once made the original you-can't-wipe-this-off-if-you-try lip colors. So yes, I'm biased, but for what it's worth I hope the manufacturer tracks these reviews, too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my most worn lipsticks. It's a lovely medium pink with a hint of shimmer. Subtle enough for everyday wear. And dirt cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jenrose98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Picked this up today at Zellers for 6.99. I love it! The colour is absolutely gorgeous, the packaging looks great and it's super moisturizing! The only reason I rated it a 4 is because of the scent. It's a smell that reminds me of my grandma since she always wore lipstick that smelled like this! Other than that I would definitely recommend this!
UPDATE: It's been 2 years, and my opinion has completely changed! When I bought this, I didn't mind the frostiness of this lipstick. Now the reason I never reach for it is the frostiness! Looks nice layered but I still wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by PaisleyPrincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Picked up this lipstick today and I really love it, looks good on brown skintones, I put Jordana's Watermelon punch lipgloss over it( you don't necessarily have to) and it was beautiful and Springy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by amethystglow

Beautiful colour, especially for the spring/summer. The only thing I don't like is the strong scent. But I still recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Oh. My. Word. My favorite lipstick at the moment. Such a fun pink color with the tiniest bit of shimmer. It's pretty bright, but I like to tone it down by applying it over gloss. Still has a great payoff and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

Nice medium pink which goes and nicely and moisturises. I use this whn i want to go for quite a natural lip and sometimes add a pink lip gloss over for a nice pretty pink lip. Can't go wrong at the price for a pretty pink lippie for everyday wear.