October 21, 2014 | 2015 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous in Spicy Cinnamon

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Great red color for everyday but since this color is a "pearl" finish, it tends to make my lips feel dry after awhile :( I wish this color had the creme finish instead of the pearl..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by missdana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Finally!!! A soft muted berry-red that you can wear in day light! I have been searching for that perfect soft red forever! Now that I'm older, I don't feel comfortable wearing screaming bright red lipsticks during the day but still love red tones. Nothing could be more perfect then this color for what I was searching for! Also, as a side note - their is nothing warm about this lipstick, the tones are berry and thank God I picked this up on a whim!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh how I love this lipstick!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Creamy
Non drying
Glides on to your lips effortlessly
Lasts for hours before you need to touch up
Doesn't creep into fine lines
No Fragrance
Inexpensive ($4.99 in Target)
On my NW20 skin (green eyes ~ golden blonde hair) Spicy Cinnamon is a muted rosy/brown shade. I can wear it with a pink blush or I can wear it with a peach blush....it just goes with everything. It's a medium/darkish shade that will give you a polished and sophisticated look. I reach for this lipstick a lot and hope they never discontinue it because it is a shade that I can't seem to find in any other line. You just can't go wrong with a Revlon lipstick. They give you so many colors to choose from and they are displayed perfectly.... all of the plum shades are together.... the brown shades are together.... and so on...... as long as you know what color you are looking for you will be able to find it rather easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The name here is a little misleading - I was expecting a sort of warm brick red, but this is pretty much a straight-up deep red. It can even lean slightly berry-colored, depending on what I'm pairing it with.

This is not a lipstick to be used lightly - it gives a very bold, dramatic look that I find great for evenings out or whenever I want to look extra put-together and sophisticated, but is NOT a throw-it-on-and-run-off-to-school/work kind of lippie. However, if used sparingly, it can be gorgeous - as I said, it's a deep, dignified red that does a great job of giving me a classic, glamorous look. There's also a fair amount of shimmer here, which is something to watch out for.

Another thing to be wary of is that it transfers. Onto EVERYTHING. This is a consistent problem with Revlon SLs (see below), but is even worse here. I don't know if I'm just noticing it more because it's such a noticeable shade, but I'm finding that my fingers come away heavily stained if I even lightly touch them against my lips while I'm wearing Spicy Cinnamon. This means that there's a fair amount of upkeep involved: I have to touch up *immediately* after eating, and at regular intervals throughout the day even when I haven't been eating, or I end up with all the lipstick rubbed off the inside corners of my mouth, leaving me with the dreaded "ring around the lips" effect. If you're careful, though, and give it time to settles in, it leaves a decent, rogue-y stain behind.

It's a Revlon SL, so all the usual comments about the formula (not super-moisturizing, but can safely be worn without a layer of balm underneath, goes on like a dream but, like I said transfers off onto everything) and packaging (nice sturdy tube, cap never comes off in my bag, lovely little clear window in the top so you can really see what you're getting).

Yes, I guess I will be re-purchasing this lippie, but not for a good long while, as I use it so rarely, and so sparingly when I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think other reviewers are right in that the name is not quite right. "Cinnamon" implies a brown lipstick, but this is definitely a wine/burgundy red in the berry family. It's a pretty intense blue-red, very pigmented. I love it for when I am going for a more dramatic dark lip. It is a great shade for fair skin and dark hair.

I really love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks and have several. By far the best drugstore brand lipstick. I have sensitive skin and some lip products can irritate my lips, but not these. They are completely scent/taste free. They are smooth, creamy, glossy, & long-wearing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviews that say that the name is misleading, I was expecting a dark spicy red or brown. If you don't like berry tones, stay away. Anyway onto the review. Being pale, I enjoy experimenting with dark, bold lipsticks. I believe they create a nice contrast. However, when I bought this, I did not expect it to be THAT bold. I feel like it exceeds 'bold', and almost creeps into the garish zone. It's a burgundy that leans a little magenta, of all colors. I thought it would be a brick red, but I only see a slight brown undertone. I'm not loving this shade on myself but I think it could work on those who arent quite so...unusually pale. I don't even think it's the darkness of it, I think it's the pinky/purple tones that really took me by surprise. Also not helping with the garishness, there is a bit of shimmer, nothing horrendous. Swatched on my hand, the shimmer actually looks kind of pretty. But on my lips, it just doesn't look good on me. I think I'll wear this a little, using a light hand to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by snis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lipstick was a pleasant surprise. My local drugstore was having a sale on Revlon lipsticks so I decided to try a new shade one a whim. What did I have to lose? Revlon lipsticks always have a nice texture.

I expected this lipstick to be more bronzy once applied. However on me (NC44) it looks like berry brown similar to MAC's Cream in Your Coffee, except CIYC is lighter and has more sheen. But for the price this a really nice everyday lipstick on darker skin. When I add a little gloss like BB Spun Gold or Lancome's Juicy Tube in Sun Bronze, it really pops. For the price you can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On me it's a slightly shimmery somewhat deep coral-ish shade. I do like it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by LynOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS LIPSTICK.
For me, the colour is a subtle deeper red.
The colour is perfect for ladies who are starting to wear red lipsticks. The formula is not drying at all, and although it wears off after eating a meal, the colour "stains" my lips so they're still quite red and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love Revlon lipsticks and this is one of my favorites. All the Super Lustrous lipsticks have a wonderful, silky smooth formula that feels divine on one's lips, good pigmentation, even application and wear and fairly good staying power for such moisturising lipsticks. Of the shades this is one of my favorites (it must have first come out in 2008 but it was not an LE, it's in the regular line today.) It's a warm coppery brown with a beautiful sheen finish, not overly shimmery but a bit more "lustrous" than the creme finish Revlon lipsticks. And this finish has a beautiful effect on one's lips, making them seem plumper and smoother. On more pigmented lips such as mine, it runs warm and auburn toned, it is not a pure chocolate brown. It may even run a bit burgundy-toned on some, but all these little shade variations only make it more beautiful. I would definitely pick this one up! Love.