November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Moisturizers - Korres - Olive and Rye Day Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I've only tried a sample, but already I can say this cream for me is one of the worst I've tried. I would advise anyone to try a sample before buying this. Smell: okay, not very noticeable. Texture: very thick and greasy, but also gluey and very hard to spread. I had to use much more than I wanted, and in spreading it on my face I feel I was stretching the skin - not good. It leaves a greasy, shiny finish - and it is a day cream! Also, the fact it has no UV protection makes it useless as a day cream. And finally, since no cream can be capable of firming - yes, I'm with the scientists on this one - I am looking for a day cream that moisturises effectively, spreads easily, leaves a nice finish for make-up, and has sun protection. This one scores a zero on all counts. (Okay even if it does moisturise, which I'm not sure of, there area loads of others that do it much better). I'm not impressed overall with the Korres line, lots of hype and marketing but the products are not all that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please note if you have oily or acne-prone skin this product is NOT for you. It is meant for very dry, mature skin. I received a sample of this from Sephora while my skin was very red and irritated from allergies (I have a sun allergy.) After 2 nights of applying this, the redness and extreme dryness were nearly gone. I have since purchased the full-size jar. I use this product only at night even though it's marketed as a day cream. My skin is soft and smooth when I wake up. You only need a very small amount. My skin stays moisturized better during the day now as well. I agree with a previous poster that this would be too heavy to use as a pre-makeup moisturizer. I am very pleased with the results from this product and I absolutely plan to repurchase. UPDATE 12/7/2009: I had taken a break from this over the summer, and when I tried it again this fall I'm pretty sure that it's breaking me out. When I stopped this for a week, the breakouts went away. Knocking off 1 lippie.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by TKLOPS2

This product is super oily and separated so I had to shake the bottle to mix it. It also doesn't absorb into the skin very well and makes your make up melt.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I picked up the trial kit of Olive and Rye yesterday. Already I HATE the day cream. It is very greasy and doesn't absorb (even after an hour), plus I have dry skin!! The cream smells like a European bakery too, not what I want as a scent on my face. I had to wash it off and apply another moisturizer just so I could do my makeup for the day. I will give it one more try, otherwise I might have to use it for hand cream or body cream, as I hate throwing items out.

Update: I threw it out, plus I could never find information if this product has SPF in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lmaliski

I received a couple of samples from Sephora for this product. It was very, very heavy on my face. I did not like the way it felt: it literally felt like a greasy plastic layer was on my face. Since I already have oily skin, I quickly had to wash it off. I might just use the rest of the samples on my dry legs ;-)