July 24, 2014 | 2192 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Lip brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a terrible lip brush! It is useful as a detail brush for the eyes, though. It can also be used for lightly smudging and blending shadow on the lower lash line. It is only $1 (.50 w/ 50% discount). So, if you can find no use for it, trash it; but if you're a resourceful chick like myself, find another use for it. If it were synthetic, I would give it 4 stars...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesz123

This sucks. It sheds and the first day I got it, it broke. It's to fluffy for a lip brush .

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't waste 1.50 on this brush. Its rubbish, the bristles are so flimsy and the glue has managed to leak onto the bottom of the bristles. The shape is just ok, but the bristles aren't firm enough to pick up any product or outline lips. Disappointed, ELF have brilliant products but this isn't one of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by leslie7622

After about a month of use, I can already see the bristles losing its shade. I think it has the right shape, angle, and stiffness for the lip brush but I can see that its not going to last long. I give it about 2-3 more months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I agree with the review below that this is a great concealer brush. I don't use a lip brush for lipstick and purchased to use for concealer application. I have the white handled, non-retractable brush. I have been very pleased with my ELF brushes, all have white handles, have not tried the Studio Line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by windowbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This makes a fantastic concealer brush. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF's Lip Defining Brush is a "soft, tapered brush ideal for lip color application and for softening lip pencil lines. The tapered point allows for precise definition. Create a professionally applied look every time with ELF's Lip Defining Brush". This brush, just like all ELF products, is cruelty free and vegan friendly. ELF's products are made in China. This Lip Defining Brush is from the $1 Essential/Professional line. I bought this brush about a year ago. ELF products can be purchased online, or at Big Lots, Kmart, Target, Walmart, and some Dollar Stores.
All ELF Professional brushes come in a clear plastic pouch. I always toss mine, but the pouches can be reused for travel and and storage purposes. ELF Lip Defining Brush has a long, thin handle made of white lacquered wood. The name of the brush is written on the handle in silver. The silver metal ferrule seems firmly attached to the handle. On ELF's website the bristles are show to come to a point, and look stiff. Lol no. This brush has soft bristles you'd except for an eye brush. The tip is a little bit rounded, but I wouldn't call it tapered. The size of the brush head is good for lips, small enough to apply product with precision but not so small that application becomes a time consuming process.
Sounds like a good lip brush, yeah? Not really. The soft sythetic bristles are too soft, they absorb too much liquid lip products, and aren't stiff enough to pick up lipstick from the tube, they kinda splay out instead of stroke against the product. Lip brush fail..but eye brush win! I use ELF's Lip Defining Brush on my eyes all the time. This brush is great for precision blending, mainly in the inner corner and outer v, but it also applies and blends shadows on the lower lash line very well. ELF's Lip Defining Brush is actually one of my favorite and most used eye brushes.
As I mentioned in the beginning of the post, I've had this brush for over a year and it's holding up well. The brush has kept it's shape fairly well even after many washings. There are a couple loose bristles, but not too many, it doesn't affect the shape of the brush or how it applies product. This brush washes well when used for eyeshadow, but it can be hard to get lip products out of it, product just clings to the bristles. This brush dries really quickly. I should mention that you shouldn't use the same brush for lip and eye products. I've only used this for lip product a couple times, washed it very very well, and haven't used it for lip product since.
I really like ELF's Lip Defining Brush, just not for it's intended purpose. I personally don't like lip brushes, so that didn't help this brush win any favors from me. It is fantastic for precise application of eyeshadow, I also hear it works well for concealer, but I haven't tried it. I use this brush very often. ELF's Lip Defining Brush is good quality, it washes well and doesn't shed. I'd buy this brush again, I might get a second one, I'm not sure yet. I recommend this brush, just not for the lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The elf lip brush I have is the black retractable one and it's losing bristles left and right! Everytime I wipe it clean, clumps of bristles slide out - it's getting to the point where I won't have a brush at all! I replaced this with my MAC lip brush that I had for ages, but no matter how many times I washed that one, the bristles splayed all over the place so I had to toss it. I just ordered another lip brush, this one's a Cover Girl one. Let's hope that one's better because the second it arrives, this elf one is getting tossed!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The bristles are really rough on my lips and I don't really like that, plus the handle is wayy long. I only paid $1 for it though :P

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

horrible, don't even bother . Its too fluffy to be a lip brush . maybe it'll be good for something else ( e.g outer v/ crease ) but as a lip brush for applying lipstick , its useless.