October 25, 2014 | 1101 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Active Naturals Intense Relief Repair Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by bklescewski

Okay... I have been on a search for the most hydrating moisturizer for my face for the past...2-3 months? This winter, although not rainy at all, is extremely dry and has made my skin freak out! I have recently developed dry and dehydrated skin with crepey dry skin around my eyelids. This was my main concern. The eyes. The "windows to the soul". I had been using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream ever since I went of Roaccutane about a year and a half ago and for some reason, it has been making my eyes itch and water like crazy! I am pretty sure they added an irritating ingredient recently and decided not to tell their customers... and my eyes are extemeley sensitive to ANY AND ALL creams!! ANYWAY, after searching high and low (pun inteneded- and I'm not kidding... we are talking from Creme de la Mer to Eucerin....) I stumbled upon this cream.

When applying, I was immediately skeptical.... Was this going to be a flop like the rest of the creams I have been trying? But then..... heaven. I can really tell how moisturizing a cream is when I apply my makeup over it because usually my makeup will show whatever flaky, dry skin I have.. But nothing but smooooth application and no wrinkles under the eyes! yahooo!! I am hoping this turns out to be my HG.. but I am only giving it 4/5 lippies for now because I am afraid to jump the gun and give it a full 5/5. Only time will tell if it deserves that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! What an excellent, non-greasy and gentle product for dry skin. I found this at Shoppers Drug Mart for approximately $17 CDN. I had not noticed it before, so believe it's a relatively new product here. It seems an established product in the US, although some reviewers noted it might be discontinued there. In any case, it's a wonderful cream. It's unscented and very rich despite being non-comedogenic and absorbent. It comes in a tub, which isn't an issue for me since I use it directly after a shower. My husband loathes creams and cosmetic products, but will use this cream regularly for his winter dry skin patches. I usually have itchy legs with the typical Aveeno moisturizing cream and other ones give me little red bumps. This doesn't cause any irritation or breakouts and no more itchy winter legs! I will certainly continue to buy as long as it's available.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by suesand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin with no known skin sensitives such as eczema, ect. I tend to use their products anyways since dry/extremely dry skin stuff just don't work on me. And despite that, I still have constant dry skin. So when I put on any creams, I slap that sucker on thick because I usually feel I need to reapply it as soon as I've finished rubbing it in. The first time I did that with this, I actually felt TOO moisturized (Wait, what? Is this even possible?). But yes, this repair cream is amazing. The only gripe I have is the methylparaben but whatever, this stuff works. I am on my third tub and have one more left.

I think this is being discontinued since it is only on their Professional Center website now (for fancy doctors and whatnot). Insert Luke Skywalker's NOOOO!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by butterflygirl2

I made the mistake of using benzoyl peroxide when I had a few zits, severe burns on my face to the point where I went to a dermotologist. He gave me some steroid creams which I used for a day, tried the Aveeno redness cream which didn't do much. I then tried this and it healed it in a very short time. I think that this cream not only heals but also protects the skin. This is my go to cream for severly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sherprimo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the product I've been looking for. My 2-year old daughter has medium-to-severe case of eczema and she's tried almost every product on the market as well as hydrocortisone and mometasone prescription for her eczema and most of them did little to nothing on her skin. I'm glad I got this because after the first application, I saw visible results overnight. I couldn't believe my eyes. It actually cleared out all her dry skin and thick patches. Now I'm really happy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

Its ok, I used to use the Lotion form and like that more. This feels very thick when applying, but doesn't moisturize as much as I like. I much prefer the CeraVe Cream over this one which is the reason for the 3lippies, otherwise I'll probably give 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ddelerium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a body creme that comes in a tub, 16 oz. I don't know why whoever first reviewed this cited this as a facial moisturizer? This is supposed to help repair irritated, dry skin. It is also supposed to be safe for sensitive skin.
I have very very dry and senstive skin due to some allergies and I am having problems tolerating any creams without instant inflammation or hives, so I wanted something safe and moisturizing for my body. I was a little worried that I might end up with an oncteuse balm of some kind, but when you peel back the seal, it kinda looks like thick sour cream. It glides on your skin like a lotion, but dries down like a cream. It is fast drying, but only because it is winter now and the air is dry. If you live in humid weather, this will feel tacky. At night, under the sheets, I can feel the slight tackiness of this. I can't vouch for the "repair" part of this, but what I can say is that my skin is fine with it. I paid $16.99 for this at Duane Reade, and I thought it was expensive considering I could have paid a but more and bought myself an Avene body moisturizer, which I DO know does repair. However, I wasn't sure if my sensitive body could tolerate the Avene, so I bought this instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As compared with the traditional Aveeno lotion, this cream is thicker, but I don't notice any difference in terms of dryness. However, I do not have any specific skin conditions that the other reviewers mention.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best cream ever!!! It is non-greasy, and super moisturizing. My skin stays moisturized alllllll day when I use this!!! I will forever repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by darklyscarlett

I'm not a fan of lotions in a pump dispenser -- I can't stand having to unscrew the top, stir the straw end of the pump around, and shake and slap just to get the last of the product out. I also prefer the thickness of a shea, cocoa, or nut-based cream. I love The Body Shop Body Butters, but they hit the over-$20 mark for 6.9 oz. a few years ago, and I can't justify that for daily moisturizer. So I was thrilled to find this new option from Aveeno.

I already use their body wash, and I expected at least the same quality for this product. I wasn't disappointed. It's not as dense as TBS Body Butter -- it has a thick custard-like consistency -- but it moisturizes extremely well (I swear my skin still feels like silk 24 hours after), and has a neutral scent. And at $13 for 16 oz., it's extremely practical.