November 28, 2014 | 1814 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Peach Passion #13

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my holy goodness, these lipsticks are to die for. Extremely expensive...but so creamy, not sheer, gives off amazing color, easy to apply, elegant yet sturdy packaging, color lasts on lips, and does not dry them out.
If you have money to shell out on expensive lipsticks, do yourself a favor and get a YSL one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by shizznizz

I really want to love it, but I just can't.

The color itself looks way less natural than I would have expected. Creates this crazy "Nicki-Minaj-effect", if you catch my drift. I do love Nicki, but I'm not her.

Anyways, it looks pretty if I apply it subtle, but then again: what's the point? It fades away after 15-30 mins again. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the light pigmentation, because the other YSL-lipstick I have (#15 extreme coral) is just beyond amazing when it comes to looking awesome and staying on for hours and hours.

Final summation:
Peach Passion #13 just doesn't do it for me, but I sure as hell love the more pigmented swatches in the Rouge Volupte series.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by danceintherain55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color and packaging are wow. The staying power is not wow. The formula is smooth, but such a pain to make look good. I don't know. I just can't fall in love with the lipstick itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I would like to start by saying the reason I got this was because my friend had a limited edition shade that was 26 Tender peach (I think). I had just got back from my trip to Cuba and had nice glowing skin. I tried her lipstick and it was sooooo amazing. I looked for it online on Sephora and Nordstrom but couldnít fine it. Then she told me it was limited edition! I was soooo upset. She told me there was a similar one in the regular line, so I got this one (peach passion.) My friend actually got it for me as a birthday gift since I had told her the previous week that I was going to get it. First thing first, automatically I compared it to the limited edition shade that I had wanted. That one is a true peach! Right in-between pink and orange. I would say Peach Passion is a more bright light pink than peach. It still does have a bit or orange. But it is a lot brighter than I expected. I am not a fan of bold (unless itís a red) and bright lips. Tender peach is a lot more neutral. So for that reason I gave it 3 stars. I like mixing it with nude beige when I am a bit tanner. But on its own I just donít love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This became my HG spring/summer lipstick. It has flaws, but still HG for me.

Color:
LOVE IT! It's perfect for me; just what i've been looking for. It's not natural but it's just too damn PRETTY. It goes amazing with the color of my skin, As soon as i put this on my face looks more awake and cheerful and that makes me feel happy :) This is one of the rare lipstick colors i received a compliment on. I checked the lowest ratings on this product and noticed that most of them complain about the color not working out for them so make sure you test this color ON YOUR FINGERTIPS (for hygene reasons) to see how it works for your skin. This is a risky color, if it works it works wonders, if it doesn't work it will probably make you look like a clown :)

Durability:
This is very creamy but it lasted longer than I expected. After you apply it dries into a very thin film on your lips. It endured drinking for like 3 hours. I don't know about eating though as i always wipe my lipstick before eating.

Packaging:
SO DAMN FABULOUS <3 it feels like a million dollars in my hands. Material is heavy and luxurious. I could repurchase this solely for packaging to be honest :)

Formula:
This is where things get complicated. If i'm paying a small fortune on a lipstick i would expect it to be perfect. At least something that could be wearable without using any additional products. This one fails to do that. It needs something under or over it to look nice. Formula on its own is way too creamy it just slides off the lips, settling into the lines and dry spots. Opaque colors like this needs some stickiness to them to help it stay in place. They tried to make a sheer formula with full color payoff but i think it failed. To make this lipstick work you should either 1)Use primer under it or 2)Use a sticky lip gloss or balm under it and blot or 3)Use lipgloss over it.

Bottom line:
Beautiful color that may not work for everyone. Amazing packaging design. Very good color payoff but formula is too thin it slides off easily and settles into dry spots. Needs a lipgloss/balm/primer to stay in place. Good staying power. I will buy this again but i expect the formula to improve for this price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by AleRF

I wish this was brighter ... i mean for darker complexions im sure it is bright enough. My shade is a bd 03/ bd 04 in the ysl touche eclat and an nc 25 in mac but not with such strong yellow undertones, my skin is beige and i would say neutral but thats just not it either, products that have the golden beige shades suit me best, like the bd in ysl. Now the color of the lipstick is a pinky orange somewhat coralish color on me, not bright at all, somewhat like a dusky peach color. It surly is my skin-tone that makes it look like that but i really craved the color from the tube ... Bright coral peach. Its just not that for me. I dont hate it tho, still like it but not as much as i hoped i will. Packaging is lovely of course and the texture is like for most rouge volupte lipsticks, creamy, highly pigmented and velvety looking, the color doesnt last much on the lips tho, maybe a few hours but they do leave a pleasant stain even after the color wears out. They all smell great and although they are 34$ i feel like they are worth it, they will last you a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by PeonyRed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ah YSL, your packaging is just opulent and way too pretty to resist. Really, every time I whip this out, I feel like a millionaire's daughter. The packaging is also very practical, as the color of the lipstick is visible on the middle of the tube. Unlike MAC lipsticks, which make you rummage around, find the tiny black thing, and turn the lipstick around to squint at the itty bitty label for a name, YSL is substantial in size, flashing gold, and sturdy. But packaging is not the highest priority, or at least it shouldn't be...

This lipstick is very creamy. It feels heavenly when swiped on the lips and the color is highly pigmented. What this also means, is that I get lost in time a bit, swipe too much (the fruity smell doesn't help my case), and I put far too much product on. One thing with this product is that you really don't need as much as you think/wish. I take three short swipes in total and then blot gently with my finger to even out the color and take away any excess.
A creamy lipstick would logically be quite moisturizing, right? No. This is not moisturizing. There is no extra moisture being given here, nor is it locking in whatever little moisture my dry lips might have had. It is a little powdery, in fact. The consistency is creamy at first, but this dries down quickly, and if I don't blot, the excess settles into my lips' fine lines and makes it look...not cute. It also becomes quite uncomfortable and if you suffer from very chapped lips, I really wouldn't recommend this lipstick.
The lasting power is too be expected. It is creamy in consistency, and despite drying later on, if I eat or drink, or just talk, this comes off in 2 hours the most. It's not that bad, though, since I love reapplying this (too much, as we've established). Thank god it's highly pigmented, otherwise I'd go through a tube in one month.
The price is..a lot. I think I payed over $35, which is ridiculous for a lipstick. However, it's just so luxurious looking, shiny, and the colors are very nice. I think it's worth it to get one of these - peach passion is very stunning - and leave it at that. Definitely a luxury item, but fun to have. Just don't go crazy and buy things you really can't afford! There's always drugstore, or hell, MAC is cheaper in comparison. One YSL, or two MAC?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of my first luxury lipstick purchases, and still one of my all time favorites.YSL's Rouge Volupte formula is thinner in texture than a lot of other lipsticks, but still highly pigmented. It has a bit of a slippery feel to it, but I don't have any issues with bleeding, or with it getting stuck to my teeth. Peach Passion is a BRIGHT coral, much more on the pink side than the orange or red side. It looks great with my fair, warm toned skin, and pretty much lives in my purse during the spring and summer time.

YSL's packaging, of course, is gorgeous. This lipstick bullet is quite heavy, and quite intricate. The color is indicated by the strip around the middle of the tube, under the YSL logo. It also has YSL's signature fruity scent.

I love the formula, color, packaging, pretty much everything about this lipstick. It looks great when applied with a lip brush, or straight from the tube. Wear time is acceptable, but not great. After about 3 hours, a touch up is needed. But for a lipstick that is so comfortable to wear (it feels like NOTHING on the lips), I consider this a fair trade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by emilijajan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color is just stunning! For me, a blonde with fair-medium skin, it looks AMAZING. The texture is wonderful, so creamy, but you have to make sure your lips don't have any dry patches otherwise it won't look all that great. The only downside is that I find that it does not stay on too long, but I don't mind reapplying it once in a while. Will be trying out other colors from this line definitely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

one of my proudest possessions in my high-end lipstick collection (which isn't big but i've gotten to try a few brands). this is THE perfect coral color for summer - i wore this on vacation and i LOVE it because it's so pigmented and the staying power is incredible!

i wore this on the plane for 4 hours and did not need to reapply nor put lip balm on - which i am very impressed with for a lipstick. i wouldn't necessarily say it's moisturizing but it definitely does not dry your lips out! the texture is so creamy it goes on so beautifully. i definitely recommend this!