July 28, 2014 | 2088 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Caress Pink #9

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

This is a great lipstick, it's slightly darker than Opera Rose (#29). Works great for my C30 skin.

Pros:
- One swipe opaque
- Glides on smoothly
- Not too shiny nor matte, perfect sheen
- Smells nice
- Beautiful packaging
- Doesn't stain lips

Cons:
- Transfers easily
- Expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Love this shade! The packaging is beautiful and the color is perfect on my semi pigmented lips. Lingerie pink looked awful on me so I tried this and I love it! Yes the line is very expensive but it's nice to treat yourself here and there to the finer things in life. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by redlucy07

Wow, you really do get what you pay for. I bought this today and I loved it the second it touched my lips. It is so silky smooth, it's like applying butter to your lips. No pulling or grittiness or other textural issues. It does feel a bit slick on the lips which I don't mind as it is moisturizing, but if you like something you won't feel as much this might not be for you. It is insanely pigmented, so much so that if the colour is not strictly flattering on you it will probably look odd, so make sure to try it on before you buy it and choose wisely! I have medium olive skin and this is a really lovely almost-not-quite neutral on me, good for a day where you do a more a dramatic eye. It also smells absolutely divine and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous and sturdy. As for the wear, you definitely can't get away with eating or drinking, but if you blot or just wait for it to wear off you are left with a really nice even stain. It is definitely expensive but very much worth splurging on for a treat once in a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by avel

I gave it a 4 star because the colour is not the most flattering on me. However, the pigmentation, wear, longevity, texture, fragrance, is definitely the best lipstick I've had! You really get what you pay for. Plus, the packaging is absolutely exquisite. I'd buy it just for the looks of it...seriously.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Rouge Voluptes are my favorite lipsticks, ever!
The formula is absolutely to DIE for--they're the richest, creamiest lipsticks that have ever glided across my lips. They're also rather moisturizing and last all day long. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about it fading, forming patches, or drying out my lips.
The pigmentation is incredible. YSL wasn't joking with the pigments in these! These aren't for the color-shy!
I also love how it has an added SPF 15 (nice bonus).
One of the shades that I own is #9 Caress Pink. #9 is a warm light/medium pink that's not too bright. This particular shade has a satin finish, so it's not as glossy as some of the other shades I've tried. It can definitely be worn during the day (to school, work, weekend, whatever) but it can be worn for a night out as well. I can imagine it'd look great on a various of skintones. This is one of the more versatile pinks out there! Perfect for a spring or spring-to-summer transition lippie!
For those of you who are wondering how this compares to #9 Caress Pink, #9 is a bit lighter and a bit brighter.
The packaging, of course, is absolutely beautiful and definitely beats ANY other lipstick in terms of aesthetics (yes, that includes Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Tom Ford, IMO)--they make my MAC lipsticks look like crap lol! The packaging is what drew me to purchase this in the first place!
It retails at $34 each, which isn't cheap, so I recommend you do research and swatch them in-stores before deciding on anything. Sephora only carries 80% of the 30 available shades, so I'd go to Nordstrom instead.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by LauraCollopy

This is my second lipstick from the range and I LOVE it. It is so pretty and looks good with my fair skin and a neutral look on the eye. It is creamy and lovely to apply. I have had Chanel, Dior and Estee Lauder lipsticks in the past which have been very drying and uncomfortable to wear despite the fancy brand. However this is by far the best. It seems to last quite well but needs a touch up after eating etc. However it does dry out a little; the moisture effect doesn't last but it is still far better than any other lipstick I have used. And the packaging is divine!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by RIX

I bought this at Duty free counter and it was my first YSL lipstick. It is a really rich and creamy pink lipstick with no shimmer or sparkle. Provides a brightening lip which can be worn with both a neutral eye and deeper shades. Very flattering. Packaging is very desirable and makes a statement. I would re-purchase but consider that the tude will last me a good while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this lipstick. The packaging is beautiful, I have it on display instead of shoved in my lipstick drawer because it's so luxurious :)
I love the smell of this too, it's like.. watermelon? (in my opinion) or something, very subtle but i love it.
This is sooo creamy, I didn't expect it to last very long, but it lasted all day. It leaves a sort of stain on my lips (I rub them together a lot) and feels so beautiful to apply.
I don't get the bit about a mirror being on the cap? Unless mine didn't come with one, it was just the gold plating :S if that's meant to be a mirror, it's pretty rubbish..
I love this colour, it's like a MLBB with a pop of bright pink. Fun but totally wearable, IMO. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by missyjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's very moisturizing! the color looks great and looks great in pictures !

Con:
after i put the lipstick on, it will be gone quickly and have to reapply again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I would have to say that YSL makes the best lipsticks. Amazingly smooth and pigmented, this lovely cool pink shows up exactly the same as the colour of the bullet. The formula is like butter; it just glides on. The finish is opaque after only one swipe, so it's not for the faint of heart. Now I just need more colours.