Boots Expert Sensitve Hydrating Serum

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Sodium Polyacrylate, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Potassium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

on 11/21/2014 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This fragrance-free, hypoallergenic serum is a white lotion packaged with an air-proof dispenser top. It does a fair job of preparing my dry and sensitive skin for moisturizer. I would like it better if it felt more moisturizing on my dry and sensitive skin.

on 11/18/2014 11:55:00 AM

Skin type: dry to normal

I don't know how this doesn't have more raving reviews. I picked this up on a whim when target started selling boots. I didn't realized how amazing it is until I stopped using it for a more expensive moisturizer (Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 30.) Boot's expert sensitive serum feels way more lightweight but actually moisturized just as much as Kiehl's. For the price alone I decided to go back to Boots.

On nights when I need a bit more hydration I mix it with a few drops of jojoba oil and it gives me amazing results.

As a side note.. Packaging is great too, pumps out the perfect amount for your whole face and its great for travel.

on 9/18/2014 1:35:00 AM

I have been trying quite a few serums lately, (including pretty pricey ones) and this is the best I have found. I have sensitive combo skin, prone to breakouts. I wanted a serum since I'm getting older and my skin is getting a bit dryer, mainly the cheek area. I have had poor luck with other serums, they either irritated my skin (made it red and kind of bumpy) or broke me out (silicones break me out). I found another serum I like but I reach for this Boots ones the most, no iritation at all and perfect at night under my moisturizer. Definitely will repurchase!

on 1/28/2013 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this left me looking very shiny and stung upon application.

on 1/28/2013 9:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is more of a serum/lotion, and I feel all but very oily/very dry could give this a try based on the hydration level.
It isn't packed with ingredients that are beneficial to skin, but that's okay. I wanted something to put on before makeup application that wasn't going to irritate my skin and give it some moisture at a good price. This fits the bill fine.

on 10/13/2012 5:41:00 PM

This makes my skin so soft without feeling greasy or oily. I don't like all the parabens in it...but I love it that much to make an exception! It looks pretty generic but I kinda like that about it. I like that it has a pump too (:

on 9/24/2012 4:26:00 PM

I decided to try this product after reading about it here. I am almost through my first bottle and I will be getting a second. I have dry skin and I do break out from some products so I have to be careful and try things slowely. This did not break me out. It goes on smooth and has almost no smell. I put it on under my night cream. It does well hydrating but thats it. For $7 its an amazing product, and I will continue to use it, but as my skin ages and my requirements for skin care go beyond moisturize and protect from the sun, I may have to move to something better. If your looking for an affordable serum that will moisturize this is it. I am going to buy a few other boots products next time I go, since there so cheap thats the fun part is you can try them. If your thinking of trying it go to Target and get a bottle, its worth it.

on 1/16/2012 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

really light but very moisturizing awsome

on 5/17/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm really glad there's a Target store around my neighborhood, or else I wouldn't have bought Boots expert products on a whim!
I bought a bottle and was a little skeptical about it since the packaging looked really plain.
> It comes in an inexpensive solid plastic pump bottle (love!) and the product has no fragrance (rather, it smelled a little sour naturally) and the consistency is like your typical serum, gooey but not thick.
My dry, oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin approves of this product after 2 months of use. It stays on all day (you don't need to apply too much), keeps my skin smooth & moisturized (less visible skin cracks and flakes), it's very lightweight and does not clog my pores. It's very gentle and does not sting. Heck, it even softened my dry scalp around my hairline due to Seborrhoeic Dermatitis.
Hello, my new HG moisturizer! Will try out more of their products in the future.
The only thing I don't like is that I won't be able to tell if I've used up all of the serum because the bottle is not clear.

on 3/27/2011 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I enjoy the gentle, fragrance-free products in the Expert Sensitive line. I actually bought this serum from my dad, who suffers from dry skin and rosacea and therefore requires basic, gentle skincare. Being a guy, he doesn't want anything too heavy or greasy. This fits the bill for him under Olay Sensitive sunscreen. It contains some nice oils like olive and almond. Unfortunately, I ended up with some new pimples when I tried this on myself as my pores are easily clogged. BUT I love it as an undereye moisturizer or for spot treatment on dry patches. If you aren't acne-prone (and even if you are, everyone breaks out from different things), I recommend this as a light, basic moisturizer.

Popular Treatments (Face)