October 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Gels/Soaps - Panier Des Sens Shea Butter Soap

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by urbandecaychick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this soap! It's made in France and super hard to find in the U.S. I found out about this at a visit to the New York Botanical Garden when my family and I were about done with our picnic there and my cousin and I decided to visit the gift shop. My mom picked up this soap in the Vine Peach scent because she liked it. I've used other French soaps like Pre de Provence, which is good and very long lasting (I had Rose Petal since January and there's still some left and it's the end of July). I've never used L'Occitane soaps, so I can't comment on it. It was pretty expensive ($7.00). Other websites sell it for $5.95, though, probably because you're buying a French soap at the NY Botanical Garden, which makes it extra special and costy...? While I was there, I tried the brand's hand cream and it was the smoothest and creamiest cream I've ever used. It really moisturized my extra dry hands and smelled really good; even better than L'Occitane's hand cream. I think I used the Linden Flower scent. Anyway, you guys wanted to read a review about the soap!

The soap is absolutely the creamiest soap I've ever used in my entire showering life. Really, it was soooo creamy. It felt like I was using cream instead of soap. It suds beautifully and it's so rich and thick. Once I'm done with my shower, it leaves my skin very soft and lightly scented. My lover said I smell good and I told him I'd buy him one because it's just that good. I wouldn't doubt this stuff is better than L'Occitane and it's cheaper and that makes me happy :). I want to keep buying this, but it's so freakin hard to find it here. Unless I visit the Botanical Garden again (hopefully soon; I love that place!) or I buy it at the website www.panierdessens.com.