L'Oreal Color Rays in Fuschia Flash

3.0

Hi everyone! I bought this product looking to give my bleach blonde hair a nice new look. Overall, it was fairly easy to use (my hair is coarse, thick and frizzy, so trying to add any kind of highlights without making a mess is difficult), and like the reviewers say, it smells amazing.

I do have a warning though: I applied this stuff to a significant amount of the lower section of my hair and a few chunky strands throughout. I was going for bold color on the bottom and a few chunks on top, but when I went to wash my hair out after a half an hour, my entire head was turned cotton-candy pink! It took a lot of washing with a clarifying shampoo and baking soda to strip out some of the color and get me back to a more normal light blonde, so just be very careful when rinsing!

I'm gonna try this again later tonight and when I wash it, rinse out the areas of color first before rinsing the rest of my hair. The color is beautiful when you're done, but just be super careful if you're an all-over blonde who's looking for a punch of color.

on 2/7/2011 8:44:00 AM

I've had nothing but good experiences with this product. I once tried to get bright pink highlights done at a salon - they bleached it first, charged my over $200 for the privilege, and the colour still didn't last but two weeks.

But this stuff works brilliantly on my medium brown hair! The pink does fade over time, but very slowly and gradually in my opinion. Factoring in the price and ease of application (and not having to go to the salon), I feel like I get my money's worth with this product.

The colour is amazing! I didn't put on a lot of product on my hair and I got leftovers ( which I dumped) but I regret it because the colour didn't show up as well as on the box. The colour on my hair turned out more pink than purple but that is absolutely fine. The applicator wand would sometimes bend during the application but never break. But the product did smell bad( the smell leaves your hair afterwards though)

EDIT:
I've had this product on my hair since the last day of October. It is now in around mid-January and the colour has still stayed on perfectly, except for the fact that it now looks a tiny bit bronzier that when I first got it.
My black highlighted hair is shiny, colourful and I've been constantly getting compliments from everyone.

on 10/28/2009 2:08:00 AM

I've used this product on medium brown hair, as well as black. The color turned out amazing and I was thrilled. However... it was short lived. The fuschia faded within days, going from a cute deep pink to a brownish tint. Against the brown hair it was virtually invisible. Against the black it looked bronze and had to be dyed over.

The box advertises it as a permanent dye, too bad the permanent color isn't that cute fuschia displayed on the box.

Color is vibrant (bright) but, it did not leave my hair shiny.

on 9/23/2009 1:46:00 PM

Surprised by the negative comments! Before I tried Splat colors, I used this one for several months on a large section of my hair. My hair is naturally dark brown, and what I like so much about this is that it is a one-step process (no extra bleaching step involved) and the color truly comes out looking like what is pictured on the box. I got so many compliments when I used it. I think it's great. I've gone back to all brown for the time being but would definitely use it again in the future. It's so much cheaper than going to a salon every six weeks; I can't afford that and wouldn't wanna pay it if I could!!! This is way better and gets me professional-looking results.

on 6/19/2009 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Useless.
Actually worse than useless. it dyed my scalp and any skin it touched very well. otherwise it didnt color my hair at all.
I have dark brown hair, but it's been processed to death and dont usually have a problem with products like this.
I will not be lazy next time and go back to Special Effects color.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I purchased this product I did not expect much, but after using it I was impressed. I have medium brown hair and the color showed up beautifully. My hair was left soft and silky. My only major complaint about this hair color is that while I was brushing it on, the "coloring wand" broke and I had to finish the job using just my hands (with gloves of course), which was a complete pain! (but well worth it for the awesome color!) I will most likely buy this product again because the cost is reasonable, the color is awesome, and because I can only hope that the applicator brush was a "one time only" fluke.

on 7/29/2008 2:02:00 PM

Color Rays are dyes formulated to put funky colored highlights on "even the darkest hair" Riiight. I should've known better than to trust L'Oreal after my disasterous results with Feria!

Fuschia Flash looked so pretty on the box I just had to try it. Big mistake. The result was an awkward shade of brassy dark red that didn't even REMOTELY resemble fuschia, much less the cute shade shown on the box. The color also continued to get murkier, brassier and lighter each time I washed my hair (despite using gentle color-safe shampoos) I gave it a few weeks before it I couldn't stand it anymore and dyed over it with black.

I highly recommend that you do NOT use this crap. If you want fun highlights, use Jerome Russell bleach and Special FX temporary haircolors. The results will be astronomically better!