October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Black Amethyst

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Yashuragi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath & Body Works discontinued this scent. I am BUMMED. This has been my go-to fragrance for years.

This fragrance is very masculine, yet feminine at the same time.
In the bottle it smells like men's aftershave. When it dries on my skin, I can smell semi-floral, semi-sweet notes over the dominant vetiver scent.
Its powerful, sexy and mysterious.
I get tons of compliments from dudes with this scent! Lol!

I'm just so frustrated that they discontinued it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so wonderfully spicy and unique. Most of the BBW scents are obnoxious to me and so often they recycle the same scents and put different names on them, but not this one. I don't remember anything quite like this. It reminds me slightly of Dark Kiss, but Dark Kiss is sweeter and this is...heavier. I agree with an early reviewer that it's a winter scent - definitely not something I'd want to wear when it's 90 degrees and humid outside. Right now in chilly November, it's perfect. Use a light touch with it, though, as it could easily be overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why do they always discontinue the scents I absolutely love? Sure I enjoy Be Enchanted, Sensual Amber and Warm Vanilla Sugar and I am glad I can always find them, but the ones I love love? No, they absolutely must discontinue them. I am waiting for them to discontinue Sensual Amber, given I only just discovered it. Yep, I bet it will be gone soon.
They canned Vanilla Noir and they canned this, Black Amethyst. God forbid the sell something that does not smell like it came from a candy shop. Black Amethyst is lovely, I like it more than my Coco Mademoiselle, which it smells extremely similar to. If you ever see this at a sale, give it a whiff and if you dont like it, let us know where you found it so the fans can run over and stockpile.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by laurenmf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed this is discontinued. I had SIX people yesterday tell me how amazing I smelled. Nothing else really smells like this. It's very dry, but rich. I always feel a bit like a bad ass when I wear this. Another excellent scent BBW discontinued only to replace it with some fruity, cheap scent. What a disappointment!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Black Amethyst and I had a long affair. This is not an airy fragrance, rather it is a seductive, "thicker" fragrance...like a thick satin. It is more a winter scent, in my opinion...the spiced base of patchouli, musk, vetiver (which I love) really lay down the foundation. If the top, middle and bottom notes are a pyramid, this pyramid is upside down. This is not a negative thing, but as a lover of musk and lovely scents of that sort, I really enjoy this scent. It is dark, like walking through a flower garden at night. You get the floral elements of the higher notes, but nothing too cloying. This is really a wonderful scent, but like I said...much more suitable for colder weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonster23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in the triple moisture body cream and I think it is pretty good. I have never used one of these creams before, and I have to say that really love the way that it feels on the skin and how easily it goes on. It is very moisturizing which has been great since my skin is extremely dry these days. This particular scent is not my absolute favorite, but it is nice and I think the packaging is pretty as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sugaryspice82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells naaasty. I bought it without smelling it first, thinking it would be nice like Midnight Pomegranate or Twilight Woods. Boy, was I wrong. I smelled it when I got home, and it smelled like cheap body spray and musk. I put it on to see if it would change and smell better on me. It did change however, but not for the better. My friend even said I smelled like men's cologne. I dont know if it was my body chemistry or what, but im not repurchasing, thats for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by reeny417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also couldn't believe this was a BBW product. They are all too young and sweet smelling for me. Just returned Twilight Woods. I liked the musky vanilla in it, but returned because it was still too sweet and syrupy for my taste. Tried Black Amethyst based on the reviews here and was pretty impressed. At first impression, this reminded me of Tom Ford's Black Violet. Doesn't remind me of CM at all, as mentioned by other reviewers. CM is spicier, lighter and more peppery, whereas Black Amethyst is earthier and darker.

I edited my original review because I found this scent to be too muddy smelling and it gave me a headache. I was intrigued upon initial impression, but after the dry down, did not find that this is as mysterious or sexy as I thought it could be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Unlike many BBW scents, to me this is not, fruity, nor cotton candy sweet. Btw i like those scents, but this is more straight up perfume scent like someone else said, if you like Coco you may like this. It lasts longer than other BBW scents on me. Its great for cold weather, sexy, easy to overdue.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awful. Just smelling it from the bottle is nauseating and painful. Sickeningly overpowering and cheap smelling. Wanted to like this one.